Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory
[Weapons] Add weapons to inventory [message #55311] Tue, 22 December 2009 06:13 Go to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Here's a guide to add a weapon to your inventory using ONLY Fable Explorer.
Since a lot of people don't understand tng's or the FreeRoam app thought this can be handy.
Also this makes it easy to add new weapons to your inventory without having to spawn them.

You can use this method for meelee and ranged weapons.

This is how you do it:

Make a backup of your game.bin (fable/data/compiled defs/)

1. Start Fable Explorer (get it here).

2. Look for CREATURE in the scrollbar to your left.

3. Double-click CREATURE and scroll down until you find CREATURE_HERO (it's number 1470) and double-click it.

4. In the new window click on the [+] in the left panel and scroll down until you find Weapon 1 and click on it.

5. Now put the object ID of the weapon you want to add to your inventory. (In the case of Sword of Aeons it's 5526.)

6. Click 'Apply Changes' in the CREATURE_HERO window.

7. Then, in the top bar in Fable Explorer, click 'Actions' and 'Save mods and run Fable'

8. Wait till Fable starts.

Weapon ID's:
You can find the ID numbers of the weapons under OBJECT in the game.bin (it's in the same list as CREATURE from step 2).
Under OBJECT they are somewhere near the end (numbers 5474 - 5628).

Now under Weapon 1 there's also Weapon 2 and Weapon 3.
You can use the same method from Weapon 1 for Weapon 2, but Weapon 3 doesn't work.

Also you can repeat this proces, but you have to save after every time you change the weapon's ID's, or the weapons will disappear.

Have fun.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 December 2009 07:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory [message #60125 is a reply to message #55311] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xarnattos is currently offline  xarnattos
tengo un problema la descarga del fable explorer nunca sale completa de 2.43 mb solo se descargan 1.72 mb ayudame por favor
Re: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory [message #60126 is a reply to message #60125] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
Welcome on Fabletlcmod, let me inform you that the primary - and only language used on the website is English. However, your issue is very common: try to download FableExplorer using a different web browser. (i.e. firefox, chrome etc)

Spanish:
Bienvenido a Fabletlcmod, permítame informarle que el principal - la lengua y sólo se utiliza en el sitio web es el Inglés. Sin embargo, el problema es muy común: intentar descargar FableExplorer utilizando un navegador web diferente. (Es decir, Firefox, etc cromo)
Re: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory [message #60127 is a reply to message #55311] Tue, 09 November 2010 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xarnattos is currently offline  xarnattos
thank you very much realy
Re: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory [message #60273 is a reply to message #55311] Fri, 19 November 2010 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KeithShap is currently offline  KeithShap
I was wondering if anyone knew how to replace a weapon in the weapon list with a custom weapon. I have Frostmourn (from WoW) and it has two different numbers, and when I try to place it in my inventory the game just crashes on save loadup. The numbers are as followed 14762 (Weapon Damage) 14764(Weapon Inventory)
I'm basically wanting to replace the WHOLE weapon, Like say one of the legendary weapons. Thanks in advance

Edit: Nevermind, was placing the wrong numbers. But it would still be nice to know how to replace other weapons with custom weapons.

In the face of insurmountable odds, there is only one thing you can do.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2010 18:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory [message #60275 is a reply to message #60273] Fri, 19 November 2010 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I say take the current object, swap out the cweapondef cobjectaugmentationsdef cstockitemdef and cinventoryitemdef with that of frostmourne. Oh and the mesh.(For the mesh just use the graphic entry on the weapons.)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory [message #60276 is a reply to message #60273] Fri, 19 November 2010 18:25 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
KeithShap wrote on Fri, 19 November 2010 20:03

it would still be nice to know how to replace other weapons with custom weapons.
If the weapon is already in your inventory, you won't be able to replace it. Information tied to that weapon is stored in the game save. What you can do, however, is sell the weapon and buy it back. That should work out.
Previous Topic: How to make a Retexture and save it as a .big File. & How to Put .Big Files In Your FE.
Next Topic: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 01:59:36 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01329 seconds