Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [General] Nesdude general modding guide
[General] Nesdude general modding guide [message #55315] Tue, 22 December 2009 06:22 Go to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Nesdude wrote on Fri, 12 October 2007 03:05

FIRST OFF all of this, obviously, wasn't over just 1 week of modding. I'd say probably a total of 2-3 months actually working on it, and the rest just kind of casually fooling around or just doing something else entirely.

Hey people
I think it's safe to say I'm pretty much done with modding Fable. I think I actually learned some stuff that I might actually USE someday. And I picked up a new hobby! Reading. Awesome. I was shocked too. Maybe it is the old-ness. I am almost 17! I can feel the back cramps already..

This guide took a helluva long time to write! Let's see here..
Number of Characters: 64359
Number of Words: 9306
Number of Lines: 589
totals out to about 31 pages
not to mention the billion screenshots with colorful arrows

You know it's only been like 7-8 months since I registered! It feels like 3 years! I don't know how all of these people stay with this so long. All I can say is DEDICATED. WOW. That and bored. The mods have every right to chew out every person here that asks stupid questions! I mean they don't have to put up with it! They are GENIUSES and if you need help you better be nice and GRATEFUL because they have probably answered your question trillions of other times.
New people! Yea listen up! See all this information I have gathered up?!....
(ok take it out of the spoilers and THEN look at it)
WELL this stuff is only the BASICS!
Yea. Wrap your mind around that one.
Of course you can get pretty far with the basics. I think.
I won't be answering any questions, someone else can answer them ok? I might drop in when I'm bored just to look around but besides that..
Well..it's been fun.
May 18, 2008 2:30 A.M. Central Time
Hey it's a weekend ok?!
Replies: 48 Views: 2697

OK, this is going to be a little guide (EDIT: wow..it looks bigger when I actually post it..) over little interesting bits of information I have found out over my 1st week of modding, by myself, with experimenting, little bit of the wiki, and the search function!

This is going to be over everything I know about modding which actually isn't that much, it's just the step-by-step explanation takes up alot of room. Sometimes I won't go over something that I already know because there is already a guide out there and I will simply give you a link. I will try to add on to this as I learn more and feel free to correct and/or give me more information over things I am having problems with. I will give you credit and everything.

This is by no means a complete guide, I am just putting this information out there for you people to build upon, and for
my fellow noobs to learn about things here, and get on to learning other things. *cough* Cracking the exe. *cough* (Yes I know it is insanely hard and tedious but just throwing that out there!) It is hard to write a guide over EVERYTHING you know and explain it in such a way that everyone understands it...yeaaaa kinda impossible...and you will see what I mean if you ever decide to get DEEP into this stuff.

I mainly posted this because I didn't see any guides over all of this all in one spot. Like there would be a thread for
assassin rush and a seperate one for fireball, etc.

It's also good to keep around in case I forget how to do any of this.This guide is mainly for people new to Fable Explorer, including myself. But you might find something you didn't know. And considering I'm new to this, there is probably some things I got wrong or left out, just let me know.

One last thing, if you're stuck on something that I explain in this guide and you've tried for like 20 minutes and you still don't get it; tell me what you're stuck on and I'll try to break it down more. In this guide I try to make it so you can do all of this when you first get Fable Explorer. Although it is inevitable that I will learn something that is harder to explain and would help if you have used Fable Explorer for more than 10 minutes/week/month, whatever.

..and make sure you use the search function and the wiki at the top of the page to hopefully find info on things that aren't covered in this guide.
UPDATES

TABLE OF CONTENTS

STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SPELLS

SPELLS

HOW TO ADD EFFECTS ONTO WEAPONS

MISC

HOW TO EDIT YOUR HAND EFFECTS

Improving Augmentations

FISHING SECTION

HOW TO SWITCH MODELS

HOW TO MAKE TELEPORTERS..

HOW TO SPAWN AND POSITION BUILDINGS, NPCS, ETC.

AAAaaaaa...it really doesn't look like much when I put it into spoilers...

Fable Snapshot Gallery
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/Wisdom_Sora/Fable%20S napshots/

The End? Never.

Thread epically cleansed of all stupidity.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: [General] Nesdude general modding guide [message #56594 is a reply to message #55315] Sun, 28 March 2010 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus

Huh? Thats weird? Sword Of Aeons Summon dosent Work on my Fable Explorer or the Game Itself! Unusual...........

I'am A Legionaire People So Join The Fight AGAINST EVIL!!!
Re: [General] Nesdude general modding guide [message #56596 is a reply to message #56594] Sun, 28 March 2010 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Lazarus wrote on Sun, 28 March 2010 10:57

Huh? Thats weird? Sword Of Aeons Summon dosent Work on my Fable Explorer or the Game Itself! Unusual...........
You don't summon swords. You summon creatures. The ghost swords count as creatures. You can give the summoned creatures the SoA to fight with though, and that's described in this general guide.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 March 2010 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [General] Nesdude general modding guide [message #56603 is a reply to message #56596] Mon, 29 March 2010 13:30 Go to previous message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus

Sorry! I didnt explain myself properly again! I meant effect not the actual thing itself! Sorry Man! Sad

EDIT: Cool! Thanks For The Tip On How To Give Summoned Allies Weapons! What I wish to know at the moment is how to get Jack Of Blades's Spell Attack Animation to work with mine or just Fireball because I've added all Jack Of Blades Spells to Fireball! Because I have Minion Plasma/Fireball For Fireball 1 & 2 is Maze Fireball & 3 is Jack Of Blades Multi Fireballs & 4 is that Big Electric Wave he shoots out! But I really want the Animation because it looks like the Sword & the Hero has Power! Instead of being some boring normal Legendary Sword!

I'am A Legionaire People So Join The Fight AGAINST EVIL!!!

[Updated on: Mon, 29 March 2010 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: [Graphics] Rotating a Weapon via Helper
Next Topic: [Object] Change the Size of Object/Weapon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:19:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01426 seconds