Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises
[Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #55382] Sat, 26 December 2009 01:54 Go to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Black Demon wrote on Wed, 15 July 2009 14:34

Ok, so I decided to create a guide to show people how to get rid of scars & or bruises.

No More Scars, Bruises, Or Cuts

1. Open up and start running Fable Explorer

2. Scroll down and find the CREATURE entry in game.bin files and open it. It should be about halfway down the list.

3. Scroll down to entry 1470 listed as CREATURE_HERO and open it up.

4. Expand CREATURE, open CDefs on the side, and a big list will open (if it didn't open by expanding CREATURE).

5. On the big list, not side-bar scroll down and find the box-section with CCreatureDef around the middle of it in black.

6. In that CCreatureDef box click Links to (GameBINEntryID)

7. At the top you should see a big section called Skin Effects.

8. There should be 25 entries inside of it, now just hit the Del button on each one until there's 0.

9. Apply Changes, Save and Run Fable. All the scars and bruise you ever obtained will be gone, and you'll never get anymore. Smile

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57438 is a reply to message #55382] Tue, 01 June 2010 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
is there any way to pur a scar on your hero exactly where you want ?
I know you can add a tattoo and put it on but who has the time to draw a scar in photoshop or somthin

i want a scar like this exactly |
(O)
|

the (O) thingy is the eye of the character
i got this scar once but my character had a million other scars on his face so it's ugly...

|
O
|

***fixed it lol

Don't double post. Use the edit button.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 08:59] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57441 is a reply to message #57438] Tue, 01 June 2010 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
amitn15 wrote on Tue, 01 June 2010 10:50

is there any way to pur a scar on your hero exactly where you want ?
I know you can add a tattoo and put it on but who has the time to draw a scar in photoshop or somthin

i want a scar like this exactly |
(O)
|

the (O) thingy is the eye of the character
i got this scar once but my character had a million other scars on his face so it's ugly...
Err... You can follow these steps to ensure you don't get unwanted scars, just skip over the one you want to keep and then get the crap kicked out of you until you have your desired scar.

It isn't hard to do a manual texture edit such that the Hero always has the scar, since the scar is an alpha texture you can just layer it on top of the face texture in an alpha-capable image editor. But it would be easier to do it this way.
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57442 is a reply to message #55382] Tue, 01 June 2010 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
i do remember that you can upload stuff and make it tatoo's
and it would be easier but do you have the time to make a scar identical to Fable's scars?
i dont think so i can make somthin my friend can help me but your way seems easier though i don't like messing around in FE
cuz many things i do alone go wrong and then i need to reinstall
PS
if my files go all wrong i just re-extract Data 1\2\3\4???
and it should fix it ?
or reinstalling is better (though i think it's the same thing..)
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57443 is a reply to message #57442] Tue, 01 June 2010 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
amitn15 wrote on Tue, 01 June 2010 11:01

i do remember that you can upload stuff and make it tatoo's
and it would be easier but do you have the time to make a scar identical to Fable's scars?
i dont think so i can make somthin my friend can help me but your way seems easier though i don't like messing around in FE
cuz many things i do alone go wrong and then i need to reinstall
PS
if my files go all wrong i just re-extract Data 1\2\3\4???
and it should fix it ?
or reinstalling is better (though i think it's the same thing..)
OR you can make a backup, cowboy up and make the edit. And if you screw it up you have a backup but this is hard to screw up.
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57444 is a reply to message #55382] Tue, 01 June 2010 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
you mean copy the Fable directory to another place in C or D drivers
and if i screw up just drag n drop back to the original place?
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57445 is a reply to message #57444] Tue, 01 June 2010 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Heh, now I remember why I stopped answering questions.
You only need to backup what you're going to edit, which in this case is the game.bin.
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57446 is a reply to message #55382] Tue, 01 June 2010 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
sorry for being such a newb but i've never really "got in" to this modding thing so you know im just asking some help
either way now that im in FE just delete everything that has arms legs or torso and leave all the one's that have face??
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #57449 is a reply to message #57446] Tue, 01 June 2010 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
No, just the one that you want to keep. Otherwise there's a chance that you'll get all the scars that you don't want and we'll have accomplished nothing.
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #58301 is a reply to message #55382] Tue, 06 July 2010 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
You should be able to add it in by editing the save game too. The scars are stored in an array of the same name as the cdef.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59186 is a reply to message #55382] Mon, 30 August 2010 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DocD is currently offline  DocD
Any tutorial or information on how to remove the scars without deleting those "Arrays", so that the character can actually get the scars back if he's in some heavy fighting again.
As in resetting the skin back to default (as it was in the start) or something like that (when it was completely without any scars).

[Updated on: Mon, 30 August 2010 10:54]

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59188 is a reply to message #59186] Mon, 30 August 2010 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Didn't make a backup of the game.bin?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59202 is a reply to message #55382] Tue, 31 August 2010 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me? I haven't messed around or deleted anything in Fable Explorer yet, I've only looked around some inside the FE.
I found the location you mentioned in this tutorial though (The "Skin Effects" with the "25Arrays").

My wish is to remove scars away from the character and still be able to get them,
I don't want to remove the feature that allows you to get the scars.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2010 12:40]

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59206 is a reply to message #59202] Tue, 31 August 2010 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Back-up the original game.bin.

Write down what the arrays are before changing them, then change all the arrays to zero instead of deleting them, Save and Run. The hero should have no scars. Exit the game, then enter in the original values, Save and Run. This way should allow you to wipe the scars, then get them again.

If you plan to do this on a regular basis, save the game.bin after applying any mods you plan to use, and before changing the skin arrays. Then also save a copy of the game.bin with mods and after changing the skin arrays.
Now you can swap the game.bin back and forth as needed.

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59208 is a reply to message #59206] Tue, 31 August 2010 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for the reply, deeply appreciated.
Gonna try messing with it now. ^^

Edit: Thanks a million. Simple solution that works like a charm, thanks again. Very Happy

Edit2: Dang. After some testing it still seems that its a bit different then what I had in mind.
I want to change the save file so that the game will display and think that I have no scars and bruises.
Still thanks though, learned something new. Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2010 20:06]

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59215 is a reply to message #59208] Tue, 31 August 2010 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Do you mean you want npcs to stop thinking you are ugly?

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59217 is a reply to message #59215] Tue, 31 August 2010 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. Would have been cool if Lionhead Studios (the producers) would have had implanted a plastic surgery to solve this problem,
but I guess they had to make it hard for us.

You've been a great help though. Thanks again. ^^

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2010 21:19]

Re: [Hero] Remove Scars and Bruises [message #59221 is a reply to message #59217] Wed, 01 September 2010 04:16 Go to previous message

Administrator

Changing your attractiveness should fix your problem. One easy way to do that is to make the hairstyles you use 100% attractive. Npcs will think you are pretty no matter what scars or clothes you wear. Tutorial here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7599& ;start=0&

Previous Topic: [General] Modding on Vista - The Basics
Next Topic: How to print-screen on different OS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:46:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01051 seconds