Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Reference] Fable Graphics 101
[Reference] Fable Graphics 101 [message #55449] Wed, 30 December 2009 14:37
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired

Fable Graphics 101
Hello and welcome to Fable Graphics 101. My name is JohnDoe and I am the Dean of Education. It is, regrettably, my duty to instruct you sorry pieces of crap in the many courses of Fable's pathetic excuse for graphics. Now I know that you will most likely have most of this fly straight over your heads the first time you read through this. Don't give up. Work with what you know, practice, come back after and see if you can learn anything new. But whatever you do, don't ask me questions about it. All the questions are answered in here, and if they're not, the questions don't belong here because they are not related to the course.

Purpose
This is a reference, not a tutorial. Just so that we're clear - You will not learn how to model to any extent, you will not learn how to create beautiful and elaborate textures, and you will not learn how to implement models and textures into the game... at least not in this thread. However, in this thread you will learn the several different types of models and textures used in Fable, how they're used in conjunction with each other, the many things you can do with these models and textures, etc. and so on. You will also learn some general tool (FableExplorer and ChocolateBox) functionality, specifically importing and exporting assets using these tools, as well as some miscellaneous functionality dealing with the models and textures. In short, you'll learn pretty much everything outside of what I said you wouldn't learn inside the depths of relevance to Fable and graphics.

Syllabus
  • Textures:
    • What is a texture?
    • Texture entries.
    • Different types of textures and texture entries.
  • Models:
    • What is a model?
    • Graphics entries; welcome to hell.
    • Different types of models and model entries.
Looks easy? Hah, you'll change your mind soon enough. Don't worry, I've included pictures. It's the least I could do.

Textures
Addendum
Models

And there you go, a wealth of knowledge. Have fun.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 17:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: [Hero] Less muscular Hero
Next Topic: [General] Getting Started with Fable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:42:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01042 seconds