Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » What is "nav data"?
What is "nav data"? [message #55520] Sun, 03 January 2010 03:35 Go to next message
Torionel
I saw this phrase in other topic. Which of you can tell, what is "nav data"?

[Updated on: Sun, 03 January 2010 06:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: What is "nav data"? [message #55525 is a reply to message #55520] Sun, 03 January 2010 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
It is data embedded in the maps (LEVs) that tells NPCs how to get where. I think I might need a picture for this one.

I had this really good explanation of what it is and how it works and the in-depth detail of everything you'll ever want to know, but that's too much. So I'll just say that in the example image, the navdata is the solid black. It's where the NPCs are allowed to go, it tells NPCs how to navigate from one point of the map to another. In the example image, if the objective was for the NPC to reach his spouse, the direct route would be a straight line. But let's say that there's buildings and mountains and rivers and trees in the way. He'd have to go around. But Fable NPCs are stupid and so would try to go in a straight line, repeatedly bumping into the same wall and staying there because they think that it's the fastest way. Instead, this navdata acts as a sort of road map that tells them how to navigate the map.

Did I answer your question?
Re: What is "nav data"? [message #55529 is a reply to message #55525] Sun, 03 January 2010 11:58 Go to previous message
Torionel
Thanks Joe, you did.

*** John, my name is John, or Jon, but you don't know me well enough to call me Jon, so John or JohnDoe, never Joe. ***

[Updated on: Sun, 03 January 2010 12:18] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: [Guide] How to spawn fire (using CBox)
Next Topic: Nav data editing problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:16:09 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01159 seconds