Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Play with other models
icon5.gif  Play with other models [message #55634] Fri, 08 January 2010 10:31 Go to next message
Janus09 is currently offline  Janus09
Don't be angry with me if there is already a thread about this, but I could not find... Embarassed
Is it possible (even for a noob in moding things like me)to change the heros model to another model (existing in the game)? So that I can play as Jack of Blades or the executioner from the gallowstree quest? I saw a video on you- tube where someone is playing as the executioner, so it should be possible. He wrote that he was using a mod. Shocked
My question is now, how sophisticated it is to make this change. I absolutely understand nothing about modding or texturing. I was hardly able to give my hero eternal youth with a mod programm where I was able to paste the aging- skins...
Would be glad if annyone could help me. Razz
Re: Play with other models [message #55635 is a reply to message #55634] Fri, 08 January 2010 11:26 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Janus09 wrote on Fri, 08 January 2010 12:31

Don't be angry with me if there is already a thread about this, but I could not find... Embarassed
You could not find? Then you did not look.

Is it possible (even for a noob in moding things like me)to change the heros model to another model (existing in the game)?
Yes, it is possible. Even for someone like you.

So that I can play as Jack of Blades or the executioner from the gallowstree quest?
Yes.

I saw a video on you- tube where someone is playing as the executioner, so it should be possible. He wrote that he was using a mod. Shocked
Naturally. I don't recall playing as the Executioner in unmodified gameplay, so it had to have been a mod.

My question is now, how sophisticated it is to make this change.
Easy stuff. It's easier than writing a post on our forum.

I absolutely understand nothing about modding or texturing.
You don't need knowledge on texturing.

I was hardly able to give my hero eternal youth with a mod programm where I was able to paste the aging- skins...
Well, again, this is easier.

Would be glad if annyone could help me. Razz
Open FableExplorer. Scroll down to the CREATURE entries. Open CREATURE_HERO (1470). Scroll down to near the bottom of the entry window, there will be a section for graphic mesh and eye mesh. That is what you'll be changing.
If you want to be the executioner, change the Model ID to 5753 (the ID of the executioner mesh in the graphics.big). Also change the eyes. The executioner uses 8108 (the ID of the specific eye mesh in the graphics.big). And this part is important, change the eye scale to 1.34. Click Apply Changes, click Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable.

Changes take place immediately.

It's also worth mentioning that this procedure is merely a mesh swap. If you want a true transformation mod:
CCreatureDef - clear out the Hero's facial expressions; add the phoneme animations of the desired creature (e.g., the executioner's), clear out the scars and bruises.
CHeroMorphDef - unless you have replacement morph textures and/or bone morphs, clear out everything the texture and bone morphing. If you want to keep the effects, see the next step, otherwise get rid of those too. It might be best to simply remove the CHeroMorphDef from the CDef listing in CREATURE_HERO altogether.
Mesh - you need to add the Hero's mesh helpers to the executioner, otherwise the effects won't work and sheathing might be a problem.
CSkeletalMorphDef - if you toss the CHeroMorphDef, you may want to add a CSkeletalMorphDef if the desired creature has a specific bone configuration set (and the executioner does).
CAppearanceDef - you need to swap animations. Basically replacing the animations used on the Hero to those used in the desired creature (e.g., executioner's, note that the executioner also uses many of the male villager animations too). You'll need this and this.

And for future reference, read the stickies. All the information in this post can be found in there, and much, much more.

Welcome to the site, good luck in your modding.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 11:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Trying to get started making new weapon...dont know what i need
Next Topic: Spade/Key troubles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 06:11:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01499 seconds