Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » I need Cbox Help
I need Cbox Help [message #55702] Tue, 12 January 2010 14:22 Go to next message
plopk45 is currently offline  plopk45
Hi guys i have been using Cbox and im having a really great and fun time with it...except whenever i place somthing ina certain place like i used the old archon tower mod and placed one of the platforms and saved it.....and whenever i reload it... the platform or anything for the matter is in a different position to what i left it.....and its bugging me to hell...is there anyway at all this can be helped?

Thanks for a great forum

plopk45

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/lindamason5/jackofblades_zpse75c43d3.png image, by plopk45
Re: I need Cbox Help [message #55704 is a reply to message #55702] Tue, 12 January 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Are you placing it in one map and dragging it onto another? If so that's the problem.

If not, please post before and after pictures and be more specific.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: I need Cbox Help [message #55709 is a reply to message #55702] Tue, 12 January 2010 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well morerunes i used youre albion the new world mod and im trying to place that and its not staying in the certain place ill ask it to do.....(pics ill have some soon) because i cant at the momment

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/lindamason5/jackofblades_zpse75c43d3.png image, by plopk45
Re: I need Cbox Help [message #55710 is a reply to message #55709] Tue, 12 January 2010 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

It's not exactly getting up and running off, what do you mean it isn't staying? Do you mean you spawn in somewhere, and the next time you load the map in CBox it has moved, or is it only in Fable? Have you messed with the CBox ini files?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: I need Cbox Help [message #56132 is a reply to message #55702] Fri, 12 February 2010 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK here are the images sorry..have been away...for a bit and from my computer...

Heres

index.php?t=getfile&id=8559&private=0

Re: I need Cbox Help [message #56133 is a reply to message #56132] Fri, 12 February 2010 13:14 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Looks like you have some bad RHSetForward and RHSetUp values. These determine rotations, and they have to follow a certain mathematical formula.

Rotation Equations

(RHSetForwardX2)+(RHSetForwardY2)+(RHSetForwardZ2)^(1/3)=1
(RHSetUpX2)+(RHSetUpY2)+(RHSetUpZ2)^(1/3)=1

So, the "hexagonal root" (I made that term up, I don't know the proper term, it's like square root, but with three factors instead of two) of the sum of the squares of each of the three values must equal 1. This is some intermediate math stuff, you'll need to learn it if you want to fly a plane. But you don't really need to know any of that stuff to mod Fable.

Here's what you need to know: ChocolateBox and Fable will both try to display whatever values they're told to, but ChocolateBox will try to fix these values upon saving, because otherwise, it won't look right in the game. You can plug the same numbers in the TNG manually and see what it looks like in Fable. In my experience, it often shows up invisible such that you can only see parts of it at certain angles and it doesn't display correctly at all.
Previous Topic: Albion Explorer Problems
Next Topic: Albion Explorer Zoom Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:06:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01070 seconds