Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Hooded Armor maybe?
Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55748] Fri, 15 January 2010 15:44 Go to next message
Isoterra is currently offline  Isoterra
Just out of pure interest has anybody attempted to take a hood (i.e. the apprentice hood) and make a suit of armor with a usable hood attatched to it?

Oh right... Also has anyone ever attempted to create custom hairstyles for Fable too?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 January 2010 15:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55750 is a reply to message #55748] Fri, 15 January 2010 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
There's the necromancer headgear, not really my thing but it might be what you're looking for.

Hairstyles. Hair in Fable makes use of dynamic mesh. We cannot produce custom dynamic mesh for Fable without the use of a hex editor as it requires manual editing of the raw data and the only person who has ever even seriously considered it has retired. The alternative is making static hairstyles, and that is lame.
Re: Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55752 is a reply to message #55750] Fri, 15 January 2010 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I don't see what's so bad about static hair, Oblivion and Fallout 3 both have only static hair (albeit some of the hair really looks plastic), and a lot of hairstyles really shouldn't move anyway.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55758 is a reply to message #55750] Fri, 15 January 2010 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isoterra is currently offline  Isoterra
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 15 January 2010 16:06

There's the necromancer headgear, not really my thing but it might be what you're looking for.

Hairstyles. Hair in Fable makes use of dynamic mesh. We cannot produce custom dynamic mesh for Fable without the use of a hex editor as it requires manual editing of the raw data and the only person who has ever even seriously considered it has retired. The alternative is making static hairstyles, and that is lame.

I got the necromancer hood but I was hoping for something on the armor so I could wear a mask or some type of headgear that would go nicely with the hood... Than I realized nothing in the game does and masks cut through the hood anyways so that idea kinda became lame Razz.

I understand the static hair argument but I could see it done with a little work it might look nice if not anything. Thanks for that info though It might be useful for me. I have always kinda thought the normal hair in fable moves a little too much. Too bouncy.
Re: Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55759 is a reply to message #55758] Fri, 15 January 2010 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Isoterra wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 00:49

I got the necromancer hood but I was hoping for something on the armor so I could wear a mask or some type of headgear that would go nicely with the hood... Than I realized nothing in the game does and masks cut through the hood anyways so that idea kinda became lame Razz.
Well, there's this, which can be worked to be thrown on in addition to the headgear. Masks, yea I really wouldn't go with those.
Isoterra wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 00:49

I understand the static hair argument but I could see it done with a little work it might look nice if not anything. Thanks for that info though It might be useful for me. I have always kinda thought the normal hair in fable moves a little too much. Too bouncy.
Looks like someone will have to make a hairstyle then. Toss up an image of the kind of hair you want and I'll do my best.
Re: Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55761 is a reply to message #55759] Sat, 16 January 2010 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I did some hairstyle stuff a while back with photoshop, here is a link, check 1st and 3rd posts.

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=51785& amp;&srch=hairstyle#msg_51785

Re: Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55762 is a reply to message #55761] Sat, 16 January 2010 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Ah, I remember those. Yea, those look really good, a clever use of texture editing rather than resorting to editing the mesh itself.
Re: Hooded Armor maybe? [message #55763 is a reply to message #55762] Sat, 16 January 2010 04:14 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 05:51

editing the mesh itself.

What are you talking about, mesh, whats that? Just kidding, thanks for the compliment.

Previous Topic: Texturing help
Next Topic: 3D model editing tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:38:47 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01113 seconds