Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Albion Explorer script issues.
Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55736] Thu, 14 January 2010 15:12 Go to next message
Isoterra is currently offline  Isoterra
Okay so I just got me a copy of Fable TLC cause I love the game that much and I wanted to try my hand at modding. So I did. I downloaded the few modding tools I needed and some mods and got to work at playing around with it. I figured out how to add chests to the map with the Albion Explorer and I figured out how to add items to the chest with ease. The problem comes in game when I use the chest.
There seems to be nothing wrong with the chests until I leave an area and re-enter the area with the chest after I have used the chest. As soon as I re-enter, the chest is once again closed and there are two lids, one open lid and one closed lid and I can reopen the chest and retrieve extra copies of the chest items. I want to know how I can stop the chest from overlapping like this and avoid it's continuous loop. Can someone help me get my mod chests to work like a normal chest?

(P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong thread or if your getting tired of answering this question too often but I am new.)
Re: Albion Explorer Chest problems... [message #55737 is a reply to message #55736] Thu, 14 January 2010 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The only thing I get tired of is reading a block of text simply to determine what kind of problem it is. You say Albion Explorer Chest problems, that means it's either a problem related to the tools, which go in Tools Discussion, or it's a problem with scripts, which goes in Level Scripting, and you posted this in neither.

But this is a scripting problem. Post your script, we'll go from there.
Albion Explorer trouble... [message #55740 is a reply to message #55736] Fri, 15 January 2010 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got me NewItemPack v2.5 and installed it to realize I can't get the silver key where the mod appears because of the building. Tried using AE to move the key but it doesn't seem to work. No matter what I do to the lookoutpoint map seems to effect the in game map.
(I even deleted the thorns to see if it would remove them but no dice.)
Re: Albion Explorer trouble... [message #55741 is a reply to message #55740] Fri, 15 January 2010 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Once you have visited an area and saved afterwards, you can't change items and such anymore. Everything inside a tng is stored in your savegame.
You can however change the coordinates, and change the UID so the game will see the key as a new key.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Albion Explorer trouble... [message #55742 is a reply to message #55741] Fri, 15 January 2010 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy wrote on Fri, 15 January 2010 13:01

Once you have visited an area and saved afterwards, you can't change items and such anymore. Everything inside a tng is stored in your savegame.
You can however change the coordinates, and change the UID so the game will see the key as a new key.

In other words, change the UID of the map and edit the map before I ever enter the map
Re: Albion Explorer trouble... [message #55744 is a reply to message #55742] Fri, 15 January 2010 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

No, change the silver key's UID.

this is not an exit.
Re: Albion Explorer trouble... [message #55745 is a reply to message #55740] Fri, 15 January 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right... I knew that... I just had a brain fart between that last post there... Very Happy

Thanks alot!
Re: Albion Explorer trouble... [message #55746 is a reply to message #55744] Fri, 15 January 2010 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn it it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions? It lets me move it on the Albion Explorer but no matter where I put it, It still appears behind the merchants shed and I can't get back there to get it.

I've thought about just adding another silver key but the glich gets to me and I don't like looking at it.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 January 2010 15:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Albion Explorer trouble... [message #55747 is a reply to message #55744] Fri, 15 January 2010 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay... So I downloaded ChocolateBox thinking it might help with the 3D viewer and to my surprise I finally got the key to move. Sadly a key still appears behind the shed and a glowing orb appears ABOVE. Between Albion Editor and ChocolateBox it appears that there is no key behind the shed and there should be no reason for it. I have come to the conclusion that its an unfixable visual glitch that is inherit to the system and I don't believe I will be able to fix this...
Re: Albion Explorer Chest problems... [message #55749 is a reply to message #55737] Fri, 15 January 2010 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Problem. Thanks for the info JohnDoe I will take your suggestions in consideration. I also figured out the problem it was just scripting so this is done with now anyways!
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55751 is a reply to message #55736] Fri, 15 January 2010 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Yea see, that other thread "Albion Explorer trouble..." was a script issue as well, and so it got moved to Level Scripting, and since you have another thread that is roughly the same, they were merged. See how that works?

Look. Each script in the TNG has a unique UID. This number is stored in the save file. Because it is stored in the save file, and because of what type of script it is, the game doesn't read that script from the TNG anymore, but instead from the save file. What you need to do is change the UID, and this will trick the game into thinking it is a new script.

The UID is a twenty digit number, simply change this number to any other number and save the TNG. If it is a problem that you are having with AE (and that's Albion Explorer, by the way) or CBox specifically, then you can do it manually by simply finding the TNG and opening it in notepad, then finding the script you're looking for and changing the UID.

It is not hard.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55757 is a reply to message #55751] Fri, 15 January 2010 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 15 January 2010 16:12

Yea see, that other thread "Albion Explorer trouble..." was a script issue as well, and so it got moved to Level Scripting, and since you have another thread that is roughly the same, they were merged. See how that works?

Look. Each script in the TNG has a unique UID. This number is stored in the save file. Because it is stored in the save file, and because of what type of script it is, the game doesn't read that script from the TNG anymore, but instead from the save file. What you need to do is change the UID, and this will trick the game into thinking it is a new script.

The UID is a twenty digit number, simply change this number to any other number and save the TNG. If it is a problem that you are having with AE (and that's Albion Explorer, by the way) or CBox specifically, then you can do it manually by simply finding the TNG and opening it in notepad, then finding the script you're looking for and changing the UID.

It is not hard.

I know what a UID is. I did that and it didn't work. When I changed the UID it moved the key but another key appeared in its place and the blue aura that flows around the key normally was displayed above that key instead of around it. I followed those instructions to a T and it didn't work. I think Its generally a problem with my game. I've used the editor for adding and removing other information and it works just fine in any other case accept for the lookoutpoint map. For some reason it won't let me add or subtract or edit ANYTHING on this one particular map.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55760 is a reply to message #55757] Sat, 16 January 2010 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
After moving the key did you try starting a new save? just because you move the kye in Cbox/AE doesnt make the key dissapear from a game file that has already seen the area.

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55766 is a reply to message #55760] Sat, 16 January 2010 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Individual wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 09:36

After moving the key did you try starting a new save? just because you move the kye in Cbox/AE doesnt make the key dissapear from a game file that has already seen the area.

Exactly, just as I posted here a few posts back:
OldBoy wrote on Fri, 15 January 2010 22:01

So Isoterra, do you understand it now?

this is not an exit.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55770 is a reply to message #55766] Sat, 16 January 2010 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understood it before it just isn't working...
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55773 is a reply to message #55770] Sat, 16 January 2010 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Well, I'm not trying to be rude here - but, to me it seems like you don't fully understand how it works.
Because it does work, and it works the same for everyone.

this is not an exit.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55778 is a reply to message #55773] Sat, 16 January 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno what to tell you. I understand more than you know. I have followed your instructions to a Tee and it doesn't seem to be working. I have changed the UID, I have saved and resaved on different saves, I tried to delete it, tried to move it, tried to duplicate it, generated UID after UID I even tried randomly typing my own manual UID out and nothing is working. I can't figure it out. I have done everything you say. I even deleted the stuff around it so I can get to it and it doesn't work. Its like when you have a screen that sits on your computer so long that the image burns into your screen. but its a key instead... lol
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55780 is a reply to message #55778] Sat, 16 January 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Here's the thing; once you've visited the lookoutpoint in the game, and save; you can't (re)move anything.
What most people forget is that the hero visits the lookoutpoint before his training starts at the guild.
Hence if you have gotten beyond that point, everything that's there, stays there.
Unless it's not in the Null section of the script, but that's not what we are talking about.

Also what some people don't know is that the area directly outside the guild is a different tng; guildexterior.tng
Anyway, if you want to be really sure of things you should edit tng in notepad instead of AE or chocolatebox.

this is not an exit.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55781 is a reply to message #55778] Sat, 16 January 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
after making the changes...did you make a NEW save/profile? completely new starting from the beginning?

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #55782 is a reply to message #55780] Sat, 16 January 2010 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 15:39

Here's the thing; once you've visited the lookoutpoint in the game, and save; you can't (re)move anything.
What most people forget is that the hero visits the lookoutpoint before his training starts at the guild.
Hence if you have gotten beyond that point, everything that's there, stays there.
Unless it's not in the Null section of the script, but that's not what we are talking about.

Also what some people don't know is that the area directly outside the guild is a different tng; guildexterior.tng
Anyway, if you want to be really sure of things you should edit tng in notepad instead of AE or chocolatebox.

I know that and I took that in consideration the first time I was trying to fix this. I deleted my old characters and created a new one and its still is having the same problems. That is what I am stressing to you here I have followed all instructions and its not working. I do this stuff regularily so I have this down to a science. I am not new at this just in case you think I am.
Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #68112 is a reply to message #55736] Sat, 27 April 2013 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hasondea is currently offline  hasondea
inside a tng is stored in your savegame.

Re: Albion Explorer script issues. [message #68324 is a reply to message #68112] Mon, 20 May 2013 03:42 Go to previous message
Wow way to revive a dead topic. Last post in this topic before you posted was in 2010 lmfao
I haven't even played Fable for a long time now, I should get back into it though it was a good game.
If I remember correctly I did eventually fix this problem, it was something stupid that I continuously overlooked and I recall it was something that wasn't even mentioned by anyone during this topic however I can't remember what it was that fixed it.
Previous Topic: Making All Homes Marital Homes
Next Topic: chocolatebox help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:04:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01091 seconds