Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Thrasher Greatsword [Won't Work]
Thrasher Greatsword [Won't Work] [message #55877] Sat, 23 January 2010 22:15 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I tried to put the Thrasher Greatsword into fable, and it crashed. I then recreated the sword from scratch, and it still crashed.

I don't know what's wrong, but unless somebody can give me a solution, it's not getting in.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the model.

It would be well appreciated Smile

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2236/thrashergreatsword.jpg

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Sat, 23 January 2010 22:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Thrasher Greatsword [Won't Work] [message #55878 is a reply to message #55877] Sun, 24 January 2010 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

When does it cause a crash?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Thrasher Greatsword [Won't Work] [message #55879 is a reply to message #55877] Sun, 24 January 2010 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

The fmp you just posted crashes my game also. I did get the fmp from GWAS2 individual fmps to work though. Can you use that version? Screen shot:

Oldboy, it crashed for me when I click on Melee weapons in the menu.

Re: Thrasher Greatsword [Won't Work] [message #55880 is a reply to message #55879] Sun, 24 January 2010 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
This one is of a higher quality than the one provided with GWAS.

If it crashes in the melee menu, it could be a problem with the texture, CInventoryItemDef, OBJECT (mesh ID), or mesh itself, going from most likely to least. I had checked it out earlier, it all looked fine but I didn't check the texture, because I know morerunes wouldn't forget to flip the alpha flag... right morerunes? Wink

Edit: Checked it out, textures are fine. I can't spot any problems with it. I'll do a more thorough check later. For the time being, I present a gift, attached, if you may so choose to use it.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 January 2010 03:38]

Re: Thrasher Greatsword [Won't Work] [message #55882 is a reply to message #55880] Sun, 24 January 2010 09:03 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Interesting...

It crashed for me when I go into the map I spawned it in, so I assume you spawned it directly into your inventory.

This one has me stumped, but if need be I can retexture the original model to at least have a nicer texture.

Thank you for the gift, I will most definitely use it ^^
I also plan on making the runes glow if I get this working.

Yeah, texture flag was the first thing I checked Wink

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Sun, 24 January 2010 09:04]

Previous Topic: Adding new data for textures?
Next Topic: could some plzz take a look at this for me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:26:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01085 seconds