Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » car idea
car idea [message #56087] Tue, 09 February 2010 05:01 Go to next message
warischoy is currently offline  warischoy
this is an idea of having a car or tank in fable.
this concept is based on the balverine tranformation mod.
basically, you get a model of a car, use this model as a sign post. then if anyone(keshire has left so i don't know if there are any other animators in here) can make an animation of wheels spinning, cannon fire ( CappearenceDef) of the car or tank, you could make a new creature as car or tank.
use the darkwood cutscene on the signpost that looked like a car, the hero can 'transform' into a car creature. to add realisium, the creature car cannot be pushed backwards by explosives(easy enough)or sword(in the animation sets i bielieve).
after billions of years this community had been modding fable,
we can make fable a tad more modern. Smile

only mods at christmas, easter and summer holiday when i am in hong kong.
the rest i study in england and my mum won't let me bring my laptop.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 05:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: car idea [message #56088 is a reply to message #56087] Tue, 09 February 2010 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The idea for a wooden DaVinci tank has crossed my mind, it's filed under "ideas that are absolutely crazy but would be fun."
For animations, all you would need is something spinning. So clockhand animations. But there are many, many problems. There would need to be four spinning things, so an animation that would spin four bones at the four centers of the four wheels. We can't do that. At least, I can't do that yet. I might be capable of that in the distant future.

Another problem is that, using the clockhand bones, you wouldn't be able to get the thing to move since the clocks don't exactly walk around. But you could use the root biped animation bone and then it would move around. But then you'd need to get animations that move the "tank" to spin the wheels at the same time. That is something that I won't be able to do. At all.

Then, possibly the biggest problem, is that tanks don't have arms with which to attack stuff. If you're thinking of using bow/crossbow/pumpaction crossbow/throwing things anims to make something of a turret on the "tank" move and fire, not going to happen. Just, not. No. No way. Nope.

I can think of a dozen other impracticalities and minor issues, some of which can be fixed and others have workarounds, but these here mentioned things are the biggest problems.

As a side-note, I've made an effort to learn much of what Keshire has learned, and I've made it a goal to learn even more than him and do something that he hasn't done. But as the months turn into years and as those years pass by, I seriously doubt that I will ever accomplish this.
Re: car idea [message #56092 is a reply to message #56087] Tue, 09 February 2010 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about the mk 1 tank, it doesn't have a turret or wheels.
the tracks just go round, and there are no turrets to worry about.
i was thinking along the lines of fireball but much more explosive. like the balverine mod you can't use spells or weapons, like that you can disable the melee weapons.
as i have and also you would have noticed, the cannons are at the side and also one in the middle(3 cannons)so more rounds needed to be fired at once. the fireball jack dragon round could fix that quite well, since there are about 5 rounds fired at the same time with that defination. if you change the unknown( can't remember which) with the number 0.125 in it, to 2 then it goes in a stright line. also i think ou can change the scale of the fireballs to make it smaller as well. not too sure how you can make the fireballs go further, because the default range of range weapons only goes 10 metres.
this tank btw isn't as big as it looks. saw one in the british imperial war museum and it is pretty small for a tank.
link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I_tank
picture:http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_2009_07_15__05_53_44/FEMALE_TASCHEN_img.jpgdd3ace8c-ba3a-4aad-b9c5-3522093ad465Large.jpg
i would much rather to have the one in the picture i provided since it looks cooler. Very Happy
also this would go quite well with the new world project thats been going on.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 11:23]

Re: car idea [message #56093 is a reply to message #56092] Tue, 09 February 2010 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
warischoy wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 13:15

how about the mk 1 tank, it doesn't have a turret or wheels.
the tracks just go round, and there are no turrets to worry about.
Okay. But the turrets won't go round, the animation for that would be even more difficult than wheels and animated textures don't work outside of effects.

i was thinking along the lines of fireball but much more explosive. like the balverine mod you can't use spells or weapons, like that you can disable the melee weapons.
No, doesn't work that way. The mod removes spells and weapons, doesn't keep the balverine from using them, just takes them away. What you can do, though, is work a ranged weapon's CCarryableDef (or is it CCarryingDef... can't remember) such that if it is equipped, it is unsheathed, and sheathing it causes it to be unsheathed again (the smith hammer does this). And I think it would technically have to be a melee weapon, but I'm not entirely sure on that. And of course it could shoot fireballs, the trick is to get it to shoot fireballs from a specific spot.

as i have and also you would have noticed, the cannons are at the side and also one in the middle(3 cannons)so more rounds needed to be fired at once. the fireball jack dragon round could fix that quite well, since there are about 5 rounds fired at the same time with that defination.
Or you can duplicate the helper that determines where the shot comes from. In theory, if there are two or more of these, there will be two or more projectiles fired.

if you change the unknown( can't remember which) with the number 0.125 in it, to 2 then it goes in a stright line. also i think ou can change the scale of the fireballs to make it smaller as well. not too sure how you can make the fireballs go further, because the default range of range weapons only goes 10 metres.
this tank btw isn't as big as it looks. saw one in the british imperial war museum and it is pretty small for a tank.
link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I_tank
picture:
i would much rather to have the one in the picture i provided since it looks cooler. Very Happy
also this would go quite well with the new world project thats been going on.
No. It goes too far. I won't have anything to do with putting a WWI tank in Fable. A DaVinci tank would still be out there, but it wouldn't totally and irrevocably destroy the suspension of disbelief.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 11:35]

Re: car idea [message #56094 is a reply to message #56087] Tue, 09 February 2010 12:16 Go to previous message
actually, the mk1 tank will be really out of place.
the da vinci tank is basically a fouricle(four wheeled bicycle, made up)
no spinning wheels to be visable, no turret, no tracks. and it wouldn't be out of place.
bows and arrows would work better for the da vinci tank because it would actually look like people are shooting out of it.
i think many people would actually like the idea of a vehicle in the game.

Previous Topic: need help
Next Topic: Inventory bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 01:39:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01839 seconds