Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » My own personal tutorial... (apparently)
My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56241] Mon, 22 February 2010 01:50 Go to next message
IkelW is currently offline  IkelW
Alright, I've gone through tut. after tut. and post after post all day... since I started thinking "Hey, I wonder if people are modding Fable..." Obviously, you are! (YAY!!!) So... looking at the time... I've actually been going through forums for approx. 26 hours, I DID get about 3 hours of sleep sometime during the day... ok... I'm tired and babbling... Anywho... I haven't been able to find the same problems I'm having... With Shadownet I have loaded my dl'd mods (weapons, armor, retextures, etc.) I get them loaded, BUT when I try to spawn them in game... with ANY of the methods, the game crashes, either at game loading screen, or when I kill the guards and try to pick up the item... and I've also gotten a few errors that say something along the lines of "something's wrong with game.bin you can't spawn what you're trying to so you can't even load the game... *GIANT middle finger*". So, I figured, maybe it's something that has to do with loading it into ChocolateBox... So I follow the instructions to get that and first I get an error saying "Access denied" about trying to fix something or another at program start-up. But I kinda get it to work by letting it modify the original userst.ini file instead of letting it try screwing with the changed file to not look for the .wad... (The ONLY way it would let me pass that little test) AGAIN, I get into ChocolateBox and load all the fun mods I'm hoping to play with... but... when it's loading it says that the game.bin, textures.big, and one other can't be changed... I'm REALLY having a hard time here, so... if you need any more info, I'll give it, I'll go through any of it a few more times to make sure I get exact messages or anything. I mostly just want a new look to the game, you know? Even BEFORE trying to get into the game I've been trying to lower damage and such on SOME of the weapons... but at the same time, I thought maybe that is what caused the crashes, so I'd change them back to no avail. Again, I'd REALLY appreciate ANY help... Thanks for looking and reading through the babble-talk...

Thanks again,
Ike
Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56242 is a reply to message #56241] Mon, 22 February 2010 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Vista issue is a Vista issue. Note: Vista issue is forward compatible with Windows 7. Start here, then follow the links on the bottom there.

Amazing, 26 hours and you didn't see that one. It's a sticky.
Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56243 is a reply to message #56241] Mon, 22 February 2010 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, I see... well, I have Win 7, so I didn't jump riught into "Vista tutorials", I figured 7 would fix these issues, not cause more of them...

Ike

Reading the first post, doesn't help... I have fulkl ownership of everything in my computer and administrative privileges. But, I'll keep reading...

[Updated on: Mon, 22 February 2010 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56246 is a reply to message #56243] Mon, 22 February 2010 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
IkelW wrote on Mon, 22 February 2010 17:27

Ah, I see... well, I have Win 7, so I didn't jump riught into "Vista tutorials", I figured 7 would fix these issues, not cause more of them...

Ike

Reading the first post, doesn't help... I have fulkl ownership of everything in my computer and administrative privileges. But, I'll keep reading...
RUN THE APPS AS AN ADMIN ANYWAY DAMMIT
And seriously, read the other guides, I didn't plug them for you to not read them.
Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56248 is a reply to message #56246] Mon, 22 February 2010 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's funny, the reason I said I'd "kep reading" is so yo wouldn't feel the need to think me a fool, I always run everything as administrator, I'm NOT a fool, please don't assume I am one.

Ike
Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56250 is a reply to message #56248] Tue, 23 February 2010 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
IkelW wrote on Mon, 22 February 2010 22:36

That's funny, the reason I said I'd "kep reading" is so yo wouldn't feel the need to think me a fool, I always run everything as administrator, I'm NOT a fool, please don't assume I am one.

Ike
That's funny, don't assume that I assume - I just magically know before I finish reading your post that it's exactly the same as every other post of this nature. I figured you for a fool when you posted a wall of irrelevant crap under a title that suggests that you require a special guide be written just for you because of your unique problem when it is not unique but is instead commonplace. Access Denied, Vista issue, simple as that, done deal. But okay, whatever, what shall I assume then, if people who wouldn't appear to be as intelligent as you make yourself out to be can figure this out when you cannot? People who have had your problem, who have read those threads, and who have followed those instructions no longer have your problem. You have purchased an OS, or a computer with that OS, without taking a moment to learn about that OS, or at least not enough time to learn about this specific issue. Seems foolish to me to spend money on something that you do not understand. So you go ahead and tell me what I should assume given the circumstances, but I'll continue to believe that you are indeed a fool if you can't figure out what so many others have.

TL;DR - Fool. Someone else can help you, I won't.
Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56251 is a reply to message #56250] Tue, 23 February 2010 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'm REALLY not here to argue with an egotistical computer "master" (whether you are or not, not the issue, I don't care) but I'll humor you. Considering, you're still thinking that all of those links were perfectly written and could solve my current problem, I'll let you down easy... You're wrong. Yes, of course I know of the administrative priveleges. The problem is I have those priveleges, AND I followed all of your wonderful links instructions, one by one... my problem is fairly easily fixable, I just have to go through a fairly time-consuming process over-and-over, every time my problem occurs. The ONLY reason I didn't jump into the links you provided was because, Vista IS a differant OS than 7, while 7 was obviously built FROM Vista it's NOT Vista. Considering you obviously spend your entire life on the internet (these forums included) you probably have a better understanding of where things can be found, so I thank you for your time in trying to help me with my problem, however... again... obviously, you let too many INTERNET posts get to you, that's why you can't say anything remotely nuetral, rather than negative. ESPECIALLY considering I was asking a question about something that WAS NOT POSTED anywhere else. However IF you do happen to find my issue in another post I'd love to see the links, maybe someone needs help and I can give them my, albeit long, but satisfactory way of "fixing" the issue. Let me give you some advice, don't let anything on the internet climb up your rectum and die... it just makes you more irritable and a bit more irritating, besides needlessly cruel, of course.

Ike

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2010 04:51]

Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56252 is a reply to message #56251] Tue, 23 February 2010 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Forum search for "Vista", so that you can help all those helpless souls. Note that the posts there don't include the hundreds and hundreds of posts that I deleted myself, and however many posts the rest of the staff has deleted.
Google search for "vista access denied", so that you know that a person doesn't need to crawl through every crevice of the internet nor spend every second of his life on the internet to know how to find answers.
Windows 7-specific articles pertaining to the "Access Denied" error, so that you can get your answers from a higher power. Once you find the right article, you'll find out that you'll only get the same instructions.

Why do I get irritable?
Because you think your problem is unique.
Because you think that as Vista and 7 are different OS's, the problem itself is somehow different.
Because you think we've never answered this problem.
Because you think no one else has ever asked about this problem.
Because you think our instructions won't work for you.
Because you think that I'm being mean.

Because I've answered this question hundreds of times.
Because it's the same line of discussion every time, with rare exceptions where someone gets it and then says "wow thx JohnDoe" or whatever.
Because I find that the angry "you're stupid - do this and you'll be less stupid" method is far more effective than "well let me hold your hand and do it for you then" method.
Because my parents didn't hug me enough, because Santa Claus isn't real, because I need some couch time, whatever.
Because I find that a thick skin is needed on the internet, and mine has thickened.
Because that's how I am in person, and I won't let the internet affect me to become someone I'm not.

Most importantly - because I can.
Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56253 is a reply to message #56252] Tue, 23 February 2010 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha... ha ha ha ha... funny.

Ike
Re: My own personal tutorial... (apparently) [message #56254 is a reply to message #56241] Tue, 23 February 2010 08:21 Go to previous message
Elion Demur is currently offline  Elion Demur
Strangely, I have Windows 7, and absolutely no problems with any of this, beyond asthetic. I mean, sure, JOB Robes don't look right on me because of size, but that is not a bug. Might I suggest that most of your "Problems" are User Errors? Own personal tutorial? If you can't find any information, even though Morerunes, Old Boy, John Doe, and others CONSTANTLY post tutorials, both in stickies, and in the actual threads, then you just weren't looking. You aren't the first with this problem, and most of them that had it figured out that it was their own fault. As for JohnDoe's approach: If you don't feel that it is ethical, get off the Internet, go outside, and read a newspaper. If you had 32 hours of unsuccessful search time, odds are, you haven't been really searching. Quit badgering JohnDoe, learn to search and read, and then, if you still have a problem, THEN ask questions. As for assuming your a fool... Well, what are we supposed to think?

(Edited for legibility.)

Name: Paladin
Age: 62+ (Or at least thats when he stopped counting...)
Alignment: Angelicly Good
Weight: Slim
Muscle Structure: Makes Thunder Jealous.
Modded: No.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2010 08:23]

Previous Topic: Some questions =)
Next Topic: Help: Guild Seal Deactivated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:16:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01250 seconds