Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » b-morph help
b-morph help [message #56302] Tue, 02 March 2010 12:40 Go to next message
lukdz is currently offline  lukdz
Hello, first of all english is not my first lenguage so please excuse any grammar/spelling or other kind of mistake. thanks Smile

Well I've been looking for some way to change my hero's giant muscles because I don't like how he looks when you max stats. I found some posts about this but the only one in which you didn't have to change all clothing and weapons files was using b-morph. The only problem is that i can't figure out how to use it... can anyone leave isntruccions for b-morph? or if you know any other way to change your hero's muscle size/bones?
Please i need detailed information, I'm quite a noob.

[edit]: also, is there any way to change them in only one profile?

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2010 12:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: b-morph help [message #56303 is a reply to message #56302] Tue, 02 March 2010 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I recommend going to File>>Open and navigating to the bones folder (probably C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\bones\) and open the HERO_STRONG.bncfg file.

After that, go through checking boxes with similar numbers and turning down the x and y values (check the box, then set the x and y values to be a little less than they were). Do it for any bone you wish to adjust, don't mess with Sub-Movement Dummy unless you make him shorter.

When you are done, just go to File>>Save As... and save over the HERO_STRONG.bncfg file.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: b-morph help [message #56305 is a reply to message #56302] Tue, 02 March 2010 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you very much for answering so quickly Smile i still have a few questions though:

1)if i change the bones i supose that the change is going to affect all my profiles, if i paste my backup copy of hero_strong.bncfg in case i do anything stupid, all my profiles are going to have the bone values they had before i change them (according to they strengh values)?
2)will this method mantain the same relation of values of the game, for example if i want a character to look like a strengh lvl of 3-4 hero, will this method mantain the same size that if i had just trained to get to lvl 3-4? in that case what are the bones i need to change?(it would be great if you show me in a picture, but only if you can an it doesn't bothers you).
3)finally, what are the values i need to set to have the size in this picture?index.php?t=getfile&id=8576&private=0

thank you very much for all your help!
Re: b-morph help [message #56306 is a reply to message #56305] Tue, 02 March 2010 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

The bones are general, and not specific to any profile. If you change the bones, it will affect any profile. Likewise, restoring from a backup will fix the bones on any profile.

As for leveling up, as you level up there is a gradual shift from HERO_WEAK to HERO_STRONG, so if the HERO_STRONG values are gigantic, it is still gradual as you level up.

Re: b-morph help [message #56307 is a reply to message #56302] Tue, 02 March 2010 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you for all the information morerunes, all what you've said has been VERY helpful. Now i understand a lot more about bones Very Happy

The only thing that i still don't know is which bones I need to change and what are the values that I need to set to each bone, that's why i put the picture so you can have an idea of what I want.

Excuse me if i'm beeing too annoying... it's just that i want to be totally sure of what i'm doing before start changing stuff. Thanks again for all your help and patience Smile
Re: b-morph help [message #56308 is a reply to message #56307] Tue, 02 March 2010 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
In that picture, it looks like the Hero is absent of bone morphs. So you could change all the bones to 1.0 in all the Hero bone files or just remove the listings from the CHeroMorphDef. And as always, make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups make backups.
Re: b-morph help [message #56309 is a reply to message #56302] Tue, 02 March 2010 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok now there's only one question left to answer!! you are about to win the prize, and the final question is:

what are the bone files that i have to change? all of them? or just the ones which numbers are like: 1.0; 1.0; 1.0?

and there is a BONUS question for JohnDoe:
do i have to make backups? Razz

now, seriusly, thank you a lot guys for all your answers, i'm really really grateful Smile
Re: b-morph help [message #56310 is a reply to message #56309] Tue, 02 March 2010 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
You only have to make backups if you don't plan on re-installing Fable every single time you make a modding mistake.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: b-morph help [message #56311 is a reply to message #56310] Wed, 03 March 2010 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
lukdz wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 21:04

what are the bone files that i have to change? all of them? or just the ones which numbers are like: 1.0; 1.0; 1.0?
If you want your Hero to have similar bone morphing as the one shown in the screenshot, you can simply use FE to remove the listings from the Hero's CHeroMorphDef (search, I swear to you I've instructed others how to do that a bajillion times). But if you want to take the other road, you can edit each BNCFG file that the CREATURE_HERO entry uses in its CHeroMorphDef. Changing them all to be the same will effectively remove bone morphing.

hero_berserk.bncfg*
hero_fat.bncfg*
hero_strong.bncfg
hero_strong_tall.bncfg**
hero_tall.bncfg
hero_teen_set.bncfg***
hero_weak.bncfg
hero_young_set.bncfg***

* You might want to leave these alone if you'd like him to get fat when he's, well, fat, and hulk up when he uses the berserk spell.
** Unused, you may leave this one alone or edit it, makes no difference.
*** Not used in morphing. If you remove the scaling in these files, the Hero will be the same size as a child and teen as he is when as an adult. One way to do this is to just change all the numbers to 1.0. Example:

Bip01 Spine2: 1.1, 1.5, 1.9;

Bip01 Spine2: 1.0, 1.0, 1.0;
You can use morerunes' tool to do this. It's really, really easy to do. Or, you can just empty out the files so that they all look like this:

Creature_type: CREATURE_HERO;
#Start_group_settings
#End_group_settings
#Start_Bone_data
#End_bone_data

And finally, one last alternative. In my tests, I've found that by simply removing the last line, the empty line at the very bottom, by just making the file end at where it says #End_bone_data, the file doesn't work, but the game doesn't crash. This may or may not work for you. It worked for me when I was doing my balverine bone tests. Actually, I shouldn't say it worked for me, more like I found out that it was this little thing that kept it from working for me.
nicomon wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 22:33

You only have to make backups if you don't plan on re-installing Fable every single time you make a modding mistake.
Aye. You screw up a file, you don't have a backup, you don't want to reinstall and lose every edit you've made, but you don't know how to repair the one broken entry here or the one borked file there, then you're just screwed because there's nothing you can do. So, as a precaution, make backups.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 March 2010 00:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: b-morph help [message #56312 is a reply to message #56302] Wed, 03 March 2010 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok JohnDoe thank you for your answer Very Happy

now, is there any specific time to do the morphing? what i mean is, this changes will apply directly to the bones or they will change their growth as you level up? so i would have to do it when i have the size that i want?

JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 03 March 2010 05:07
If you want your Hero to have similar bone morphing as the one shown in the screenshot, you can simply use FE to remove the listings from the Hero's CHeroMorphDef (search, I swear to you I've instructed others how to do that a bajillion times).

If i delete the files how am i suposed to have a size in special? do i have to delete them when i have the size i want (as I said before)?

now i must be a bit stupid because i still don't understand one thing. In case i choose to use morerunes' tool, what are the bone files i need to change (using the screenshot as example)?

you are really helping me guys, thaks a lot Smile
Re: b-morph help [message #56313 is a reply to message #56312] Wed, 03 March 2010 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

If you use B-Morph, you would want to change HERO_STRONG.bncfg to be smaller (more like HERO_WEAK.bncfg)

Re: b-morph help [message #56314 is a reply to message #56312] Wed, 03 March 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You're speaking a different language. My exact response when I first read your post was something like this:But I'm better now, so let's work this thing out.

lukdz wrote on Wed, 03 March 2010 10:15

now, is there any specific time to do the morphing? what i mean is, this changes will apply directly to the bones or they will change their growth as you level up? so i would have to do it when i have the size that i want?
What I think you're trying to ask is whether or not you have to actually get to the point you want to be in-game before making the changes, so as to freeze them as they are. The answer is no. You make the changes, the game reads the files just as it always has, but because the files have been edited, the game shows the different morphing which takes effect immediately and the game is none the wiser, it just operates as usual.

If i delete the files how am i suposed to have a size in special? do i have to delete them when i have the size i want (as I said before)?
What?
You don't delete anything. Have you used FE (FableExplorer)? If not, would you be interested in doing it that way instead of editing the BNCFG files? If so, let me know.
And riddle me this, what does "how am i suposed to have a size in special?" mean?
And to this: "do i have to delete them when i have the size i want (as I said before)?" No. As I said before.

now i must be a bit stupid because i still don't understand one thing. In case i choose to use morerunes' tool, what are the bone files i need to change (using the screenshot as example)?
I gave a list. Browse to (Install Directory)\data\Bones\. Those are the BNCFG files, as indicated by their extension. Those are the bone morphing files. Those are the files you need to edit. I gave a list of the ones you'll want to edit, and handy dandy notes for the ones that you might not want to edit.

We've all given you instructions on multiple ways of doing the same thing. Pick one, try it out, if it works - good. If not, well come back and we can try again.
Re: b-morph help [message #56315 is a reply to message #56302] Wed, 03 March 2010 10:33 Go to previous message
First
"And riddle me this, what does "how am i suposed to have a size in special?" mean?"
Sorry, i was trying to translate it from spanish, what i tried to say is: an specific size. I also confused because i read a post in which you had to delete some files using FE, i mean the one hat Black Demon posted:

"8. You'll see a list of entries under Bone Config List, such as Hero Bones Strong, ect. Stuff like that.

9. Beging to hit the Del Button to delete entries in this list, but pay attention to the names. You might wish to keep an entry or two, like beserk."

And at the end of he said that you would look like something in between.

"11. Now, the hero will no longer be an ungodly huge John Cena wanna-be when maxed stats, and won't ever look like a twig."

How are you suposed to get an specific size by deleting entries in FE?

Second:

"I gave a list. Browse to (Install Directory)\data\Bones\. Those are the BNCFG files, as indicated by their extension. Those are the bone morphing files. Those are the files you need to edit. I gave a list of the ones you'll want to edit, and handy dandy notes for the ones that you might not want to edit."

what I meant is the bones that appears on B-morph, for example when you choose head there are a lot of bones: neck, eye top, eye deck, etc. I was wondering what are the files that i have to change. For example morerunes wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 20:14:

"I recommend going to File>>Open and navigating to the bones folder (probably C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\bones\) and open the HERO_STRONG.bncfg file.

After that, go through checking boxes with similar numbers and turning down the x and y values (check the box, then set the x and y values to be a little less than they were). Do it for any bone you wish to adjust, don't mess with Sub-Movement Dummy unless you make him shorter.

When you are done, just go to File>>Save As... and save over the HERO_STRONG.bncfg file."

When i open HERO_STRONG.bncfg:

index.php?t=getfile&id=8577&private=0

I don't understand what you meant by saying similar numbers, so can you name the bones on the screenshot which needs changing? or just all of them with the same value? I don't know what i have to change in b-morph, what are the boxes that i need to check and change...
Previous Topic: Questions about FreeRoam, and AE
Next Topic: Albion Explorer Help needed!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:48:09 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01166 seconds