Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Water Request
Water Request [message #56383] Tue, 09 March 2010 14:46 Go to next message
Deathdoom89 is currently offline  Deathdoom89
x

[Updated on: Sat, 23 January 2016 23:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Water Request [message #56386 is a reply to message #56383] Tue, 09 March 2010 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Wait, wait, you don't see the ground/water at all? As in the Hero walks in the air? Or is the ground/water just discolored? Because those are two different things.

One is because your video card lacks shaders, the other is because you renamed, moved or deleted the STB. One is easily fixable, the other means you need a stronger video card.
Re: Water Request [message #56392 is a reply to message #56386] Wed, 10 March 2010 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deathdoom89 is currently offline  Deathdoom89
x

[Updated on: Sat, 23 January 2016 23:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Water Request [message #56399 is a reply to message #56392] Wed, 10 March 2010 20:14 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Ah, okay. Yep, that's a video card issue, it lacks shaders, it's probably DirectX 8.1 or less, and you need DirectX 9.0c or better.

I believe jwc2200 came up with a sort of fix for the water. And the reason you see green on land farther away is because the game isn't loading the BIG textures for those, it is instead using the crap textures in the STB. If you were to load an exceptionally large region, like the whole of Albion, and then fall onto the map from the sky, you can see what it looks like up close before the game has time to load the BIG textures. There's no way to fix that as far as I know.

I know my video card fails, but it wont install on my laptop due to some kind of protection program.. win something or another.
Deathdoom89 wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 18:09

I know my video card fails, but it wont install on my laptop due to some kind of protection program.. win something or another.
What? I hate it when someone explains something only to bring up something else and leave it totally unexplained.
You try to install what, exactly?
Is the laptop the same computer that you're experiencing these problems with?
Protection program... could you be more specific? Antivirus, EAP, etc.?
Why do you need to install this whatever it is on your laptop?
Details man, details.
Previous Topic: JoB hero doll made into trophy
Next Topic: Player Model Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:04:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01515 seconds