Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » DL hosting issue, or should I look further?
DL hosting issue, or should I look further? [message #56384] Tue, 09 March 2010 18:15 Go to next message
Kayden is currently offline  Kayden
To be done with the formalities, yes, this is my first post, and no, I'm not going to ask you to hold my hand and explain a set of steps that have been posted a million times over already. Though the answer I'm looking for will probably be a stupidly simple one.

My question is as follows:

Though I run win7, I've installed the .net framework (4.0), C++ w/ SP1, and directx is fully up to date. These don't seem to be the problem.

Thing is, when I download modding tools, e.g. FE/ShadowNet, the unzipped file ends up being an unspecified filetype, looking nothing like a installer of any kind, with filesize identical to that of the archive. As I know there was an earlier issue with file hosting causing essentially empty zipfiles to appear instead of the tools, I was wondering whether the problem I'm having is similar in nature, or whether something else might be wrong preventing me from seeing proper install files.
Re: DL hosting issue, or should I look further? [message #56387 is a reply to message #56384] Tue, 09 March 2010 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The tools are stand-alone, they don't need to be installed.
Re: DL hosting issue, or should I look further? [message #56389 is a reply to message #56384] Wed, 10 March 2010 07:27 Go to previous message
Kayden is currently offline  Kayden
* Edit: Found the issue, it was extraction related, consider the thread closed, feel free to delete it. *

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2010 08:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Albion Explorer Help needed!
Next Topic: please help me! i can't figure out how to do this!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:21:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01039 seconds