Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform
Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #56466] Fri, 19 March 2010 03:11 Go to next message
Dorian Saignren
The following was written mainly for roleplaying purposes, and the outfit was designed to be a plausible modification of the existing Guard outfit without breaking the balance (too much Razz) and at the same time allowing this outfit to have a real role in the roleplay storyline and world. It uses rules from the game in a sense, and I've referenced the game in most aspects of it's design. Though the values are for the most part guesstimated based on the values of the Guard outfit and the Dark Leather outfit, they were approved for use in the roleplay by someone who is honestly a little too anal of a mod in my opinion. Anyway, on to the project.

It's basically a recoloring and value change of the main Guard outfit with one alteration. Instead of the Guard gloves for the base of the outfit's gloves, I wanted to use the Bandit gloves for the base. The issue with this is coming to gameplay aspect. I wanted to be able to eventually incorporate this into the real game if possible, not just as individual pieces though, but a whole outfit. I'm sure it's possible, but due to my inexperience with modding period (let alone this particular game) I wasn't sure how difficult it would be.

When I eventually get around to it, I'll be studying various guides and methods for incorporating mods into the game, but for now I'm simply working on getting the game downloaded in the first place and working on my laptop (I last played the game on XBOX, and I wanted to play on PC for a while now).

Anyway, I apologize for my little dissertation, on to the description.

============================================================ ===========

Drifter Guard Uniform

Armour Rating: 624
Parts: 5
Price: 2147
Attractiveness: -23
Scariness: +23
Alignment Modifier: 0

Text: Traditionally worn by Guards who are not bound to one area or service for whatever reason. Offers greater protection than other Guard suits.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

Appearance: Similar to the Guard Uniform except for a few differences, see individual pieces for more.

Drifter Guard Hat

Armor Rating: 61
Price: 215
Attractiveness: 0
Scariness: 0

Text: A sturdy hat worn by wandering Guards.

Appearance: The hat is the same except it's one solid gray. (just change the red on the back flap to the same gray as the rest of the hat)

Drifter Guard Gloves

Armor Rating: 61
Price: 215
Attractiveness: -7
Scariness: +7

Text: Sturdy fingerless gloves for wandering Guards that allow for a stronger grip on weapons.

Appearance: The gloves look closer to Bandit Gloves than the Guard Gloves, and is again gray. (just change Bandit Gloves from brown to gray to match the rest of the outfit)

Drifter Guard Shirt

Armor Rating: 252
Price: 859

Text: A sturdy shirt for wandering Guards.

Appearance: The shirt is the same except it's one solid gray and has a mask similar to the Assassin and Fire Assassin outfits. (change the collar to the same gray, and the shoulder trimmings, get rid of the tan-ish bars on the shoulders, and finally change the gold trimming on the sides of the shirt to gray)

Drifter Guard Trousers

Armor Rating: 751
Price: 385

Text: Sturdy trousers for wandering Guards.

Appearance: The pants are the same except it's solid gray and the belt is black. (change the belt from brown to black, the gold trimming on the skirt to gray, and the red trimming at the ankles to gray)

Drifter Guard Boots

Armor Rating: 31
Price: 107
Attractiveness: -2
Scariness: +2

Text: Sturdy boots for wandering Guards.

Appearance: The boots look more like the Dark Leather boots without the spikes, and solid color. (the issue with the Guard Boots is that they're too light and almost look blue, so just darken them, change the red stripe to match the color, and get rid of the design on the plate so it's smooth metal and that'd be great)

And that's it. Thankyou for the time you spent reading this, whether you gave up on it early, skimmed it, or read it all. And if you decide to actually make this, thankyou in advance for your time and effort. Goddess bless.

UPDATE: Here are images of the outfits mentioned as reference/base, links show them separate, while the uploaded image has them in one image.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090228040317/fable/i mages/6/67/Guard_Uniform.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090228040315/fable/i mages/f/f7/Bandit_Outfit.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090228040243/fable/i mages/c/c5/Dark_Leather_Suit.jpg

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2010 05:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #56477 is a reply to message #56466] Fri, 19 March 2010 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Dorian Saignren wrote on Fri, 19 March 2010 05:11

someone who is honestly a little too anal of a mod in my opinion.
You must tell me who, we might get along. Smile
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #56948 is a reply to message #56466] Fri, 23 April 2010 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
this looks fairly simple, and once i get my fable modding stuff back working ill try to make it...with one difference...ill make it a separate outfit from the regular guard stuff...that way people who like the original may keep the original and also get this...um...one thing tho...i can make new entries and stuff for pretty much everything involved in the making of a new outfit except for the text entries...if sum1 cud help me out on that i can do this(its all textures and stats which are very easy for me)(well...editing of textures, not creating them)

{EDIT}PROBLEM!!!
I can not find the textures and yes i used shadownet's search function and yes i was searching in the correct place...found the hat texture but that is it...and due to the fact i rarely use caps i hope the whole 1 word is not a problem

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 April 2010 19:14]

Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57070 is a reply to message #56466] Sun, 02 May 2010 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
I was able to find and alter them, but as you said I'd like to have it separate. After a fashion I had started trying to figure out how to make outfits myself, but it took a while and I couldn't figure out very well. I did discover how to modify the outfit eventually, but I did come across one problem with the textures myself. The guard outfit textures are under files for every black guard, so in order to alter them I wound up altering all the black guard textures except for their left boot and their hat. I still haven't found the texture for their left boot either... The hat is under a separate hat for the hero though... As for the bandit glove, I found the texture for that one also, but that took a little more digging. Still, I did modify how I wanted the outfit, I think I'll rewrite the outfit again after a while, but to get the hard part out of the way I'll simply tell you the parts I wanted now.

Guard Hat
Guard Shirt
Guard Pants
Bandit Gloves
Assassin Boots
Assassin's Mask (I got the separated one and merged it with the hat because I wanted one item to change for viewing the face, but the mesh for the separated one glitches with the Guard Shirt in some places, would be nice if you could fix that too ^_^ )

The color scheme is much the same, and in fact I can get you pics of the temporary solution I came up with for RP purposes until I can figure out how to make the outfit myself. I'll link the images I used below.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z12/Raziel_Shadowchild/fr ont-back-view.jpg

PS: I'll update with the texture locations when I get my own computer back up and running, for now it's all disconnected and junk and tonight has been quite the unusual and exhausting night.

EDIT: The following are the locations of the textures I edited for the outfit. All are located in the textures.big, though some won't be easily visible right away due to file-paths, all are searchable though:

ID-1941: TEXTURE_GUARD_LEGS_BLACK_01
Contains the texture for the pants and the right boot, left boot still eludes me.
ID-1942: TEXTURE_GUARD_TORSO_BLACK_01
Contains the texture for the guard shirt and gloves.
ID-849: TEXTURE_HERO_GUARD_HAT_NEUTRAL
Obviously the texture for the guard hat.
ID-800: TEXTURE_HERO_ASSASSIN_BOOTS_NEUTRAL
Texture for the assassin boots.
ID-1560: TEXTURE_BANDIT_TORSO_B_04
Finally, a small section of this is the texture for the gloves.

If you need more locations of anything, be sure to ask, I should be able to find them again. For now though, I've still got a lot to take care of around the house and I gotta find a job now too so I'm not going to be doing much modding myself if at all.

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2010 23:12]

Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57639 is a reply to message #56466] Fri, 11 June 2010 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quicksilver is currently offline  quicksilver
Is this mod completed? If not I would like to join in the making.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 June 2010 14:52]

Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57654 is a reply to message #56466] Sun, 13 June 2010 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
no, its not done yet. also, had to reinstall my os on my comp, so all my programs are gone. ill get it all back, but for now all the mod programs aren't high on priority atm. so yeah, itd be awesome if someone finishes this by the time i get fable and the mods running again Smile

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57656 is a reply to message #57654] Sun, 13 June 2010 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK I'll try to look into in for the next few days. Perhaps even in a weeks time, because when the next week end, my school year will end too so I can concentrate on this. So nothing is done and it'll need to be started from scratch?

I started on this few minutes ago. I started doing the textures first. I would like to do this mod a bit different than you envisioned (picture in the previous post). I would stick with the guard boots, simply because it's more logical for a guard to have some sturdy boots and not leather shoes. But if you really want those, I can make both variations.
Also, can you share the assassin's hood merged with the guard hat, and the assassin's hood alone? I simply don't have the programs nor the knowledge to edit models and I can't find the assassin's hood mod online.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2010 03:22]

Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57672 is a reply to message #56466] Mon, 14 June 2010 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
Considering I've yet to get everything set up right on my computer again, I can't upload anything to help you out. What I can do tough is hook you up with where I first got the detachable assassin mask and I can direct you to the armor merging guide. Smile I would like them merged together as head-wear.

As for my desire to use the assassin's boots, I do want them. Also, if you can find out where the texture is taken for the left guard boot please let me know. I don't mind it you don't put all the stats on the items, I can adjust those myself later when I get everything running again. I do however request that the armor set be made (and separate so it doesn't interfere with NPC guards) and all the appropriate description and title files be there. The text files I COULD do myself, but I'm still not quite sure how. Making the armor set entry though (and the text files and everything else) I have no experience on yet though so I'm quite lost.

I guess if you want to include the guard boots also if you would be so kind as to make two separate .fmp files, one with your version of the boots and one with mine. I figure it'd be easier that way, allowing you to only make one copy of the other items and to leave the armor set the same for both (basically have both boot sets under the same name and just pick one style or the other). If it comes to it though, I'm pretty sure I got EDITING armor sets down so I can simply replace, say, Drifter Guard Boots v1 with Drifter Guard Boots v2 in an existing armor set. Making the set from scratch I haven't got yet though.

Just keep me up to date on what's done and stuff please, both so I know what/where/how everything is done for fine tuning later and also so I can avoid doing double work should I start working on pieces as well.

Thank-you for taking up this project by the way. Smile

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57673 is a reply to message #57672] Mon, 14 June 2010 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the left guard boot, I think the both are in the same texture. I can't check it out since I can't get the barrel to spawn (I know how to spawn with barrels, did it numerous times before). If i get the outfit though, I'll let you in on the results.
I can make numerous different .fmps, so adding just the different boots to the .fmps won't be a problem.
For now here are the images of the current guard re-texture:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6812/guardtorsomod.th.jpg

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5754/guardlegsmod.th.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3839/guardhatmod.th.jpg

Let me know if something is not right.

Quote:

Just keep me up to date on what's done and stuff please, both so I know what/where/how everything is done for fine tuning later and also so I can avoid doing double work should I start working on pieces as well.

I do want to do everything on my own. If I add the new stats definitions (.def files) it would be few more minutes to edit the stats themselves. If you do want to do something, can you stick to adding the stats. I really wish to develop my re-texturing skills, if you understand me.

Quote:

Thank-you for taking up this project by the way. Smile

No problem. I consider this my way of redeeming for not finishing the Alex Mercer jacket mod I took up. Hopefully I will come to that as well one day. Smile

--EDIT--

I finally got the guard suit spawned, and now I see the problem with the left boot. What bothers me is that the boot itself is blue, and I believe it's the Bowerstone guard's boot. I still don't understand why is it that way though. I can't remember is it the same with the original guard suit texture?

--EDIT #2--
Found out why is it that way... There are 2 meshes for the boots. One for the left and one for the right, and the left one uses the wrong texture, the Bowerstone guard. I guess the guys who made the game messed up a bit. One boot blue and one black. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2010 13:58]

Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57681 is a reply to message #56466] Mon, 14 June 2010 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
can you tell me which the left boot is then?

and im not sure whether you noticed or not because I didn't see you mention it, but the Bandit Gloves I had intended to replace the Guard Gloves. And you are going to make them separate items too right? not just recolors? it was intended to be a separate set, allowing the regular guard outfit to remain unchanged.

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57682 is a reply to message #57681] Mon, 14 June 2010 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

can you tell me which the left boot is then?

The one I suspected: Bowerstone guard boot texture. Name is TEXTURE_BOWER_GUARD_LEGS_02. The error (bug) is actually in the model itself, MESH_HERO_GUARD_BOOT_L_01, because it uses the wrong texture, 1959 instead of 1941. You know, when you view the model and then go to materials tab, there it is that the wrong texture ID is set.

Quote:

and im not sure whether you noticed or not because I didn't see you mention it, but the Bandit Gloves I had intended to replace the Guard Gloves. And you are going to make them separate items too right? not just recolors? it was intended to be a separate set, allowing the regular guard outfit to remain unchanged.

Of course I noticed. No worries, it will be done. Just give me a few days, since I am really short on spare time this week, being the last week of the school year and all.

Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #57686 is a reply to message #56466] Mon, 14 June 2010 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
thanks. i understand the lack of time too, i just like to be sure everyone has their ducks in a row so to speak (my friends get annoyed at this sometimes, especially when they DO miss something that i noticed lol)

anyways, i got a few things i gotta fix myself on my comp still before i start putting all my modding stuff back in, so there is plenty of time before i start really wanting it again, so i'm not worried about any deadline and junk, whenever you get around to finishing it should be good Smile

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #58608 is a reply to message #56466] Sat, 17 July 2010 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
hey, srry for the doublepost but I was wondering if you were still working on this quicksilver?

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #61280 is a reply to message #57070] Tue, 01 February 2011 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
innaij is currently offline  innaij
what sword is that?
Re: Outfit - Modification of Guard Uniform [message #61281 is a reply to message #61280] Tue, 01 February 2011 12:45 Go to previous message
Dorian Saignren
That is a personally modded version of the Keshire Katana, also a mod. I'm certain you can find the download for it somewhere on these forums, as that's where I got it.

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Previous Topic: Weapon request
Next Topic: modify arena
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:20:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01221 seconds