Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Question
Question [message #56481] Fri, 19 March 2010 13:56 Go to next message
Dragonsmurf is currently offline  Dragonsmurf
I know this is a long shot, but is there a way to fix the FOV on Fable? I am running Fable spanned across three monitors (Eyefinity) this game can spann it, but I cant see what the NPC's are saying to me. I tried using the different aspects and it either squashes me a little or a lot but I still cannot get what the NPC's are telling me. I know its an old game but it is still a fun one
Re: Question [message #56482 is a reply to message #56481] Fri, 19 March 2010 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Marcopolo played around with FOV settings at one point or another. You can try searching through his posts to find it. Actually, I think the variables that need to be changed are in the camera entries, and he wrote up a tutorial for editing the cameras, so you might be able to find it in the tutorial section or in OldBoy's new/looking for info sticky in the same section.
Re: Question [message #56485 is a reply to message #56481] Fri, 19 March 2010 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thank you Smile lets see how to fix it..
Re: Question [message #56487 is a reply to message #56481] Fri, 19 March 2010 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The issue is now is the user interface. The FOV looks real good, when i talk to the NPC's the game zooms in and still no chat boxes. I will see what I can dig up.
Re: Question [message #56488 is a reply to message #56487] Fri, 19 March 2010 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Chat boxes? I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're talking about with that one. I'm pretty sure that the conversation camera settings are in GLOBAL though, they will be listed as plain text strings in the same scripting language used in cutscenes. That will help you configure zoom and such, but the zoom won't affect the GUI. The UI stuff is handled in the UI entries, which even to this day are a maze of shit-smelling foulness and pure evil, so good luck with that.

If you mean the kind of chat boxes that you find on other RPGs, like Morrowind/Oblivion and the like, the reason you don't see them is because Fable doesn't have them.
Re: Question [message #56490 is a reply to message #56481] Fri, 19 March 2010 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It when you talk to a NPC, when I am spanned across all monitors I lose what they are saying, that dialog. when in 1920x1080 i can see what they are saying so i can respond
Re: Question [message #56491 is a reply to message #56490] Fri, 19 March 2010 17:38 Go to previous message

Retired
Oh, subtitles. Well, I know that the subtitles are buggy with certain settings, particularly with nVidia cards. I prefer just to leave them off altogether because of this. If that's the case, it's a matter of tinkering with the settings (anti-aliasing is one of the suggested settings to adjust) and maybe, if you're brave, trying out other drivers. But in your case I'm not sure any of that would help.
Previous Topic: Need help with shield meshes
Next Topic: glowing will tatoo, help me please!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:35:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01095 seconds