Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » [Project] Fable I multiplayer
[Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #56600] Mon, 29 March 2010 11:00 Go to next message
Enari is currently offline  Enari
Hei , Can some one mod a mod that players can play on internet
it should have port fowarding Smile

u can select maps Smile
Maps:
Arena
Whole Map(all map no specific spawn points)

Thank you
Sorry for bad english

<?`
function signaturelines() {
signaturelines++;
echo"This is nice."
{
else
}
signaturelines<4;
echo"Your signature is too big.";
}
?>
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #56601 is a reply to message #56600] Mon, 29 March 2010 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
No.
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #56611 is a reply to message #56600] Tue, 30 March 2010 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy353 is currently offline  dimmy353
I remember long time ago, in the forums people discussed about that, sadly it isn't possible to make a fable multiplayer.
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #56613 is a reply to message #56611] Tue, 30 March 2010 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
It is not impossible, we just don't know how yet, and may never know.

Dammit
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #56614 is a reply to message #56613] Tue, 30 March 2010 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
James Butts wrote on Tue, 30 March 2010 20:48

It is not impossible, we just don't know how yet, and may never know.
No, we know how, it'll just never happen. The best minds have looked at it, have combed the exe in its entirety, but got bored after deciding that there wouldn't be enough interest (the required effort for the intended result was too high).
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #57918 is a reply to message #56600] Tue, 22 June 2010 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John McCain is currently offline  John McCain
The only way to do that was to buy some server and remake the whole entire fable until it became a cheap-version of WoW. People would get bored too easily, no multi-player quests, it would be a whole new game, and would loose the Epicness that made Fable Godly.
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #57920 is a reply to message #56600] Tue, 22 June 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mattius is currently offline  Mattius
Why does everyone compare all online RPGs to WoW? There were MMOs before it, I remember playing them.

Anyway, yeh, Fable was not built with a multiplayer component, so they would have to completely add in networking code and interfacing, which,just to reinforce what John said, the effort is greater than the result.

"Who parked their car on my sandwich!?"
- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #57922 is a reply to message #57920] Tue, 22 June 2010 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Exactly. Unless you just made it co-op which i have seen a few uncompleted things for in FE, it really wouldn't be much fun. And what I mean by co-op is two players on one system. But like johndoe said, "There would be too much work involved and too little an appeal." or something like that.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #58034 is a reply to message #56600] Sat, 26 June 2010 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kajidiablo is currently offline  kajidiablo
ya but envision a fable:online with expanded cities reduced AI and more houses cities maps etc could become bigger then wow buuut waaaay too much work prolly get boreing but meh i got a vision that would never happen haha but ya i agree with before said opinions not worth it haha
Re: [Project] Fable I multiplayer [message #58302 is a reply to message #57920] Tue, 06 July 2010 11:51 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Mattius wrote on Tue, 22 June 2010 16:48

Anyway, yeh, Fable was not built with a multiplayer component, so they would have to completely add in networking code and interfacing, which,just to reinforce what John said, the effort is greater than the result.

Exactly. If anything the scripting system needs to be hijacked first and foremost. More work was done doing this than anything else.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Play with pc USB control
Next Topic: Girl mod
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:49:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01325 seconds