Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Help with FE??
Help with FE?? [message #56612] Tue, 30 March 2010 15:15 Go to next message
Imogine is currently offline  Imogine
I'm a newb to all this stuff, so I'm sorry if it's a really simple fix. I've looked through all the threads and search key words I can think of, this forum and a couple of others and I THOUGHT I found a thread with a similar problem but I couldn't re-find it.

Basically, after installing one of the Play as J.O.B mods my game kept crashing.

I've uninstalled and re-installed it about 10 times at least, replaced all the files with my perfect backups, and many many more things.

It only crashes when FE is installed. Whenever I delete FE, I have to uninstall/re-install the game to get it to work again.

Right now I don't have FE on my computer, and I'm waiting for an answer to put it back on.

I guess my problem is that FE never resets. I will update all my files with perfect and untampered with backups and it's like it automatically re-applies the old settings to them. They don't change.

Again it sounds like maybe it could be an easy something I am overlooking so... help?
Re: Help with FE?? [message #56664 is a reply to message #56612] Sat, 03 April 2010 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Mandarin is currently offline  Lord Mandarin
You COULD uninstall the game itself but when I did this I didn't choose to uninstall all of my saved games so the only thing you would have to worry about is the long wait on reinstalling it...good luck.

I enjoy long walks, especially when their taken by people who annoy me.

When I die I want to go like my grandfather, in my sleep-not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling from it.
Re: Help with FE?? [message #56679 is a reply to message #56612] Sat, 03 April 2010 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the only problem is that... I've done that several times. Never works.
Re: Help with FE?? [message #56706 is a reply to message #56679] Sun, 04 April 2010 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Imogine wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 21:11

Yeah the only problem is that... I've done that several times. Never works.

Except maybe you are doing it wrong.

After uninstalling, you need to go into the fable folder and delete the remaining files before reinstalling.

Also, FE does nothing to the game until you tell it to. It has no files to store mods, it cannot put mods into your game that you don't intentionally put there, unless you have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Sun, 04 April 2010 11:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with FE?? [message #56712 is a reply to message #56612] Sun, 04 April 2010 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Vista issue, game is using files in virtual store, etc. etc.
Delete the Fable game files in the virtual store.

I bet anything he comes back and says these two things:
I have Windows 7 hurrrrr.
How do I delete the virtual store?
Re: Help with FE?? [message #56715 is a reply to message #56712] Sun, 04 April 2010 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xx Ultima xX is currently offline  Xx Ultima xX
^LOL thats what I said

Also im still looking for virtual store.... the answer lies in there.... UGH i cant find it XD -rage searches-

Soz about that... but yeh the virtual store is what the problem is dude, so find it (somhow) then uninstall everything about fable and deleate every fable file in virtual store then install fable... But i cant find that damn virtual store lol

[Updated on: Sun, 04 April 2010 20:27]

Re: Help with FE?? [message #56716 is a reply to message #56715] Sun, 04 April 2010 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I don't have Vista or Windows 7, so I cannot say whether or not this is accurate, but it might look something like:
C:\users\(Your User Name)\appdata\local\Virtual Store\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data

Of course you would know this if you just... you know what, no. Good luck, have fun.
Re: Help with FE?? [message #56717 is a reply to message #56612] Sun, 04 April 2010 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the info/links/replies Smile

and it works, marvelous. Again, thanks!

[Updated on: Sun, 04 April 2010 22:57]

Re: Help with FE?? [message #56719 is a reply to message #56717] Sun, 04 April 2010 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Imogine wrote on Sun, 04 April 2010 23:07

thanks for the info/links/replies Smile

and it works, marvelous. Again, thanks!
Whoa, whoa, you didn't expect to get off that easy, did you?
No, no no no, you can stay right here for the next several years explaining the duality of these files and what to do with/about them to everyone who asks. And then you'll understand why I hate replying to these things.
Re: Help with FE?? [message #56728 is a reply to message #56612] Mon, 05 April 2010 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahahaha yeah that's got to be frustrating, no doubt, but I just got the game last week and just started modding... no not modding, just using mods really.

The game came out what.... 5 years ago? And I'm new to it. There will always be newbs. I tried not to post because I know it's frustrating but I couldn't put 2 + 2 together myself. I'm a total baby when it comes to anything more in depth than simply running a program on my computer.
Re: Help with FE?? [message #56729 is a reply to message #56716] Mon, 05 April 2010 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xx Ultima xX is currently offline  Xx Ultima xX
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 13:55

I don't have Vista or Windows 7, so I cannot say whether or not this is accurate, but it might look something like:
C:\users\(Your User Name)\appdata\local\Virtual Store\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data

Of course you would know this if you just... you know what, no. Good luck, have fun.

You, my friend are a GOD but thats an understatement... (since I know you hate replying to nooby posts like me so sorry).

Note: For Windows 7 users its C:\users\(Your User Name)\appdata\local\Virtual Store\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data

Don't worry you only missed the (x86) Very Happy

Re: Help with FE?? [message #56733 is a reply to message #56729] Mon, 05 April 2010 18:42 Go to previous message

Retired
Xx Ultima xX wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 17:58

Don't worry you only missed the (x86) Very Happy
That's for x64 machines. It'll be that way on Vista x64 too.
Previous Topic: good bodyguard is screwed up, nothing i did
Next Topic: Fable Explorer Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:20:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02067 seconds