Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Summon guild reinforcements, almost got it but need help
Summon guild reinforcements, almost got it but need help [message #56643] Thu, 01 April 2010 15:10 Go to next message
Pricem35 is currently offline  Pricem35
Actually, screw all that stuff I had before, now I've got a different problem. So I'm working on a mod that changes the ghost swords into guild dudes that come help you fight, you know heroes guild reinforcements. I've worked on this for hours and started over 3 times. this time I think I started over with a bodyguard base, and got it all working pretty great. They're aggressive, good combat style, the whole nine yards. Except one thing. AS SOON AS I ATTACK ANYTHING, MY DUDES THAT I'VE WORKED SO ON ATTACK ME. they don't do any damage tho, which is good. So yeah, can someone help me out?

And don't tell me factions, I've been working on factions for the past hour and it hasn't changed a thing. I made a new one where I'm the ally and bandits and monsters are the enemies, but when I'm attacking bandits my guys still attack ME.

I had a custom brain, but to rule that out I switched it to a summonned minion brain. they STILL attack me. If it's not the factions and not the brain, what the hell is it????

Any help would be much appriciated

[Updated on: Fri, 02 April 2010 12:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Summon guild reinforcements, almost got it but need help [message #56683 is a reply to message #56643] Sat, 03 April 2010 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok nvm i found out thats just a quest screwup, they only attack me if i'm on the "trader rescue" quest. which is weird. but whatever. anyways i've got a couple of new problems. right now they're aggressive enough and all, attacking the right people, but wherever they go there is always this bright blue auraish thing that extends for about two yards from them pointing south, and they always sprint and never walk anywhere, even if i'm just a foot from them. any ideas? i'll upload the mod once i've got it perfected.

edit: it would also be awesome if they could use magic. any idea on how to do that?

edit no. 2: fixed the aura shadow thing (thanks to an aweseome guide by nesdude) but just to get this mod perfect, i'd love it if my dudes talked like the good bodyguards. any ideas?

[Updated on: Sat, 03 April 2010 22:39]

Re: Summon guild reinforcements, almost got it but need help [message #56684 is a reply to message #56643] Sat, 03 April 2010 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Short posts that are easy to read and smoothly transition from one idea to the next make for much easier discussion. Pithy posts, okay? Keep it simple stupid.

Pricem35 wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 17:10

And don't tell me factions, I've been working on factions for the past hour and it hasn't changed a thing.
Bodyguards are special when it comes to factions, you have to hire them for them to adapt to the Hero's ally/foe system. Break their bodyguard system and they'll turn into standard creatures.
Pricem35 wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 17:10

I made a new one where I'm the ally and bandits and monsters are the enemies, but when I'm attacking bandits my guys still attack ME.
Only when you attack bandits? If they don't attack you when you attack monsters, perhaps you screwed up and didn't assign your new FACTION entry to the bodyguards' CEnemyDef, because if I remember correctly, monsters are listed as enemies of the bodyguards, and so if attacking monsters in their presence doesn't prompt them to attack you, it's probable that you did not effectively change which FACTION entry is used. And don't use the same bodyguard FACTION entry, I think Fable might have some special code in the executable that screws with it.

Pricem35 wrote on Sun, 04 April 2010 00:02

there is always this bright blue auraish thing that extends for about two yards from them pointing south
Residual effects from the ghost sword spell. While I'm sure there's a better way to remove the effects, I know that simply taking the listed effects out of the ghost sword CSpecialEffectsDef array will just make the game crash. What I would do is to duplicate the used effects.big entries, manually edit them so that they are colorless, add them as new effects and relink them to the CSpecialEffectsDef array. The effects will still be there, you just won't see them, and the game shouldn't crash if you did it right.

Here's the thing, don't ask me how to do this. While I've done it, I'm not that great at it, and I'd probably be terrible at explaining it.

they always sprint and never walk anywhere
It would require a little work with the CAppearanceDef. See, ghost swords don't walk, or run, they just sort of glide.

edit: it would also be awesome if they could use magic. any idea on how to do that?
Haaaahahaha

edit no. 2: fixed the aura shadow thing (thanks to an aweseome guide by nesdude)
Link to this guide? I must not have seen it before, and I'd really like to.

i'd love it if my dudes talked like the good bodyguards. any ideas?
I don't think you did a very good job at all with the CDefs...
Take a closer look in the good bodyguard's CCreatureDef, it should have links and other data related to that sort of thing.
Re: Summon guild reinforcements, almost got it but need help [message #56689 is a reply to message #56684] Sun, 04 April 2010 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the response, i'll work on my posts. here's the link:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7223& ;amp ;start=0&
its an awesome guide.
I kept screwing with it and apparently something inside fable clicked, because now they'll walk, jog, and run. thanks tho
as for the using magic thing, couldn't i just use that fire attack that jacks minions use? how would i go about implimenting that?
and about the cdefs.... i could never get straight up bodyguards (or anything with a vanilla bodyguard brain) i summoned to follow me. i cant talk to them, they highlight purple and not green, and they don't react to "follow". and thats without changing a thing in their programming. I always have to make a new brain, delete a couple of their cdefs, and add the standard minion follow cdef.

but about the voice and all, i'll check that out. thanks

edit: my summoned dudes also don't sheath their weapons. not imparative, but it would be cooler if they did

[Updated on: Sun, 04 April 2010 00:31]

Re: Summon guild reinforcements, almost got it but need help [message #56692 is a reply to message #56689] Sun, 04 April 2010 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Pricem35 wrote on Sun, 04 April 2010 02:30

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7223& ;
Ah, that. He doesn't get rid of the effects, he uses effects that die out after their initial appearance. Some, like fires, loop. Others, like explosions, disappear. I guess that would be a good enough way to do it.

couldn't i just use that fire attack that jacks minions use?
It's done in the weapons, it fires like a crossbow. If you're talking about from their hands, that's done in cutscenes, they can't do that in gameplay.

my summoned dudes also don't sheath their weapons.
CIdleSchedulerDef. You should really copy more of the CDefs from the bodyguard to the ghost sword.
Re: Summon guild reinforcements, almost got it but need help [message #56693 is a reply to message #56692] Sun, 04 April 2010 01:32 Go to previous message
i havn't gotten that far in the game, but doesnt some creature somewhere use some kind of spell that i could impliment here?

and i copied all of the cdefs, the body_guard_good creature is what i imported into ghostsword. i'm pretty sure the only thing i changed was ccreaturedef, and i had to do that to make it look like a guild apprentice. and as for the sheath thing, i can't find a CIdleSchedulerDef in the bodyguard, the ghost sword, or the bodyguard brain. have i been screwing with fable too much?

hell i'll just upload it, if you've got the time it would be awesome if you could help me out with this. here ya go

PS this is my first upload, so you might want to backup your game before you impliment this, on the off chance that it will kill fable

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2010 15:51]

Previous Topic: can you make a new tutorial please
Next Topic: using jacks powers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:34:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01830 seconds