Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Muskets/rifles?
Muskets/rifles? [message #56745] Tue, 06 April 2010 19:26 Go to next message
Pricem35 is currently offline  Pricem35
Hey everybody, i've searched the forum and i have yet to find any real muskets or rifles. I found bluetooth's arbequs (you expect me to spell that right?) and the gunblade, but neither of those are really what i'm looking for. it would be awesome to just have a straight up, good looking rifle or musket. Maybe someone could import one from WoW? Or is there one already that i haven't found? i would try to make it myself but.... i can't texture at all.
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56747 is a reply to message #56745] Tue, 06 April 2010 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you're looking for something that merely looks like a rifle, then go find me a mesh for the rifle and bullet and I'll set it up for you.

If you want sounds and animations that turn the Hero into an old-style rifleman, no chance. It will be a crossbow or nothing at all.
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56756 is a reply to message #56745] Wed, 07 April 2010 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah i just meant the weapon itself, the crossbow animation looks kinda-sorta close enough to putting a bullet in the chamber. Thanks a ton for the offer.

this is the best musket mesh i could find, and i couldn't find one of a mini-ball or a musket ball. am i looking in the wrong place? i'm just googling it. But here is the musket mesh
  • Attachment: musket.3ds
    (Size: 39.63KB, Downloaded 520 times)
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56757 is a reply to message #56756] Wed, 07 April 2010 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That's a mid-range poly piece of junk. You'll be unsatisfied with that in-game, even if I did create textures for it.
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56758 is a reply to message #56757] Wed, 07 April 2010 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright, where can i find a good one?
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56767 is a reply to message #56758] Thu, 08 April 2010 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Since you didn't find me a mesh, I decided to make my own mesh for this. It will look like a very long and bulky Fable-esque rifle. It will shoot my JohnDoe slingshot bullets. It will use the brass pump-action crossbow texture, and it will use pump-action crossbow animations, as it will be a pump-action crossbow.

You get to decide this: Will it have a bayonet or no? And if so, how long will it be?
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56769 is a reply to message #56767] Thu, 08 April 2010 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah, awesome, thanks. That sounds great. Personally I vote no bayonett, but it's your call

will you post it here or should i be looking in released mods in the near future?

and i just found the google 3d warehouse thingy, if you don't know about it its an awesome tool. just google 3d warehouse.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 April 2010 19:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56832 is a reply to message #56769] Tue, 13 April 2010 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, any chance your still working on that rifle? or should i start trying to figure out how to do it myself?

EDIT: well, i guess i'll get working on it. i'll post it if i ever figure it out

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2010 17:41]

Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56864 is a reply to message #56832] Thu, 15 April 2010 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
Pricem35, a good musket/rifle mesh will take awhile to make and JohnDoe seems the type to keep his word...i kno from experience how long they take...i put 3 days int5o mine and that was just a blank mesh with no texture...thats probably whats taking so long...the texture...oh and my statement might be alittle missleading, my mesh is more like a shotgun/blunderbuss than a rifle or musket

{EDIT}
if anyone want the work ive got on my gun mesh to finish(i wud hope it wud go along with ur idea Pricem35) just either PM me and make sure to say what format(i can do .blend and a few others) as it is a blender mesh

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2010 19:36]

Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56865 is a reply to message #56864] Thu, 15 April 2010 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naw i was gunna try to do it with a mesh i found on 3D warehouse. but i havnt even started so i'm probably totally underestimating how difficult it is
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56868 is a reply to message #56864] Fri, 16 April 2010 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
charrzarr wrote on Thu, 15 April 2010 21:35

Pricem35, a good musket/rifle mesh will take awhile to make and JohnDoe seems the type to keep his word.
Haaaaaaaaaaaa I have so many abandoned projects that it's actually quite depressing and overwhelming.
I've had a good piece of the mesh done since I said I would do it, but I've since picked up another project for something else and that's been taking up a lot of my time and interest lately. I will do it, just in my own good time and leisure. Of course, someone could learn how to do it and do it themselves, might get it done faster and more to their satisfaction.

@Pricem35: The difficulty is not in making the mesh, it is in making it Fable-ready... Which actually becomes pretty easy as well once you've done it several times.
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56869 is a reply to message #56868] Fri, 16 April 2010 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha alright, i guess i'll give it a shot. how do you make it fable ready? is there a tutorial for that?
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56870 is a reply to message #56869] Fri, 16 April 2010 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Take the mesh, put it (or 'them' if there's more than one submesh) to origin (positioned at 0,0,0 and rotated to 0,0,0), add the helpers that Fable needs to make it work, put your mesh and helpers in the hierarchy used by Fable, export as DirectX, import to graphics.big with FE, import textures to textures.big with FE, assign textures to the mesh, assign the mesh to an OBJECT entry, rename the texture, mesh, text, and game.bin entries that were edited, pack them in an FMP, close and reopen FE, load the FMP, test to see if it works in-game, and then release.

Sounds like a lot, but it's all very easy and over time it becomes autonomous.

And check out the graphics discussion forum and the tutorials in the tutorials section. There's a lot of useful information to be found if you look for it.
Re: Muskets/rifles? [message #56871 is a reply to message #56870] Fri, 16 April 2010 07:48 Go to previous message
Alright, thanks. I doubt I'll be able to figure this out so youmay not want to abandon your version, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks again for the instructions
Previous Topic: XP
Next Topic: ultimate Jack Of Blade's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:55:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01193 seconds