Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Game crashes on start up?
Game crashes on start up? [message #56950] Sat, 24 April 2010 02:48 Go to next message
AileFatale is currently offline  AileFatale
I have not downloaded any mods. So far I've just downloaded the Suite Installer and Free Roam. I have not played the game yet, and every time I try to start a game, it will crash sometime during the loading screen.

I read a tutorial prior to screwing with things and did make backups of my files, but I'm not sure what to do.

I'm new to PC games, so I'm sorry for how irritating I sound right now. Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 24 April 2010 02:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Game crashes on start up? [message #56951 is a reply to message #56950] Sat, 24 April 2010 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
What tools did you use, exactly? In what order did you use them, exactly? You used FreeRoam, did you dump the files in the right place? And did you rename the FinalAlbion.wad? Did you use the Setup Path Editor? If you did, I'll slap you around until you can't feel your face.
Re: Game crashes on start up? [message #56952 is a reply to message #56951] Sat, 24 April 2010 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First I installed Suite, then Free Roam and the files went into the right place. And yes, I renamed FinalAlbion.wad and moved it into my documents. But I'm not sure what the "Setup Path Editor" is?
Re: Game crashes on start up? [message #56953 is a reply to message #56952] Sat, 24 April 2010 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

The setup path editor will change the registry settings to match your fable directory. Most likely you don't need it.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Game crashes on start up? [message #56961 is a reply to message #56950] Sat, 24 April 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, okay.

I really only plan on using scripts for now, so would I be able to fix this by uninstalling anything I dont particularly need? And I know that there are bugs with chocolate box, but has it been known to cause fable to crash or just the application itself?
Re: Game crashes on start up? [message #56971 is a reply to message #56950] Mon, 26 April 2010 13:15 Go to previous message
Alright, the crashing has been fixed. It was just a computer problem. Thanks, boys.
Previous Topic: Platium armor
Next Topic: big problem.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 00:29:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01836 seconds