Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » Fishing Difficulty Mods.
Fishing Difficulty Mods. [message #57029] Thu, 29 April 2010 22:09 Go to next message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
I don't know about you but fishing in Fable is annoying to me, that's not to say I'm not proficient at it, it just seems like a waste of time.

Here are 3 different mods to accommodate people like me and people that want a more challenging fishing experience.

The first mod completely removes line strain, which means your line will never snap, just fish as usual and the bar will never go red, keep clicking and you're guaranteed a catch. The NoLineSnap.fmp mod will not prevent you're fish from getting away if you're too lazy to click for it or you happen to get distracted.

The second mod doubles the default line strain which makes fishing a tad more challenging.

The 3rd mod quadruples it, but doesn't by any means make fishing impossible, only more of a challenge.

So if you enjoy or hate the fishing system and want to tweak it,
have fun.

There was no way to take screen shots to prove these work, short of a fraps video which I'm not willing to do, but I assure you I tested this, if you've any problems or suggestions, let me know.

I wanted to make a '1 click catch mod' but I don't have the time at this moment to test all the unknown values associated with fishing.

These mods apply the above changes to all rods, including the rod of champions you receive for winning the fishing contest.

Cheers.

-Syn

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2010 22:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fishing Difficulty Mods. [message #57046 is a reply to message #57029] Fri, 30 April 2010 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

One click fishing has been done by Nesdude. Look in the FISHING SECTION Spoiler.
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7223& ;amp ;start=0&

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2010 17:12]

Re: Fishing Difficulty Mods. [message #57049 is a reply to message #57029] Fri, 30 April 2010 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Synte is currently offline  Synte
Thanks Smile

-Syn
Re: Fishing Difficulty Mods. [message #59691 is a reply to message #57029] Wed, 13 October 2010 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
happ is currently offline  happ
where do I put the "nolinesnap.fmp" I`m using the PC version and
windows vista,
thanks
Re: Fishing Difficulty Mods. [message #59692 is a reply to message #59691] Wed, 13 October 2010 02:29 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
happ wrote on Wed, 13 October 2010 04:05

where do I put the "nolinesnap.fmp" I`m using the PC version and
windows vista,
thanks
Read the primer.
Then read the Vista-specific primer.
Then check out the rest of the tutorials.
Don't forget to read the wiki.

We didn't build a tutorials section for you to not look at it. RTFM. Seriously.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 02:31]

Previous Topic: Spawn Themed Retextures - Armor/Tattoo/Other
Next Topic: 5 New Weapons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:54:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01195 seconds