Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Brighter Lamp / Light Spell
Brighter Lamp / Light Spell [message #57274] Sun, 23 May 2010 00:25 Go to next message
pacman7654 is currently offline  pacman7654
I was wondering if someone could make a mod (or just briefly explain how) that makes the lamp item throw its light farther and be brighter. Or maybe a Light spell could be made. It would be like physical shield, with a brighter lamp effect instead of the blue glow, and no shielding effect.

Thanks
Re: Brighter Lamp / Light Spell [message #57281 is a reply to message #57274] Sun, 23 May 2010 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
No new spells.

In FE, CREATURE entries - 1470 CREATURE_HERO. Browse the CDefs for a CLightDef. A lot of unknowns in there but that's what you need to edit. Just play around with the values, make them huge or small or whatever and see what you can come up with. If you figure out what any of the unknown variables do, tell me and I'll update the def.xml.
Re: Brighter Lamp / Light Spell [message #57282 is a reply to message #57274] Sun, 23 May 2010 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been testing CLightDef, and the "ratio" InnerRadius:OuterRadius seems to control the lamp light somehow. The default values are 5:8 (iirc).

in:out..... result

5:8 ..... normal lamp light
1:1 ..... no light at all
10:1 ..... light reaches far away but behaves erratically
1:10 ..... tiny light
10:9 ..... dark around hero, ring of light far away
9:10 ..... seems pretty good, looks like normal light but bigger
90:100..... hell yes! lights up the night! maybe a bit too much.
50:80 ..... seems the same as 90:100... must be different somehow
12:15 ..... very nice, looks like a bright lamp should

It's not really a ratio because 90:100 creates a much larger light than 9:10. I wish I knew exactly what these 2 values are, but 12:15 seems very nice, so I think I'm going to stay with that for myself. It has a difference of 3 between inner and outer like the default... that might be good.

I'm not sure how to package this as a mod, but you can do it if you like, or tell me how. I think others might like this since the Fable nights are very dark on many people's screens.

and thanks for the help, too.
Re: Brighter Lamp / Light Spell [message #57283 is a reply to message #57282] Sun, 23 May 2010 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Inner and outer radius are just that. The inner radius dictates the distance from the Hero at which the light starts and the outer radius dictates the distance from the Hero at which the light ends. The erratic behavior is the flicker effect, the light will flicker from the inner radius to the outer radius at certain time intervals. This flickering and time interval is also dictated in that entry. That should explain the changes you were experiencing.

Any experimenting with the unknowns though?

As for how to package the mod, once you've applied changes, click File|Create Fable Mod Package. Then drag the edited entry from the tree view into the Create FMP window. The rest of the process is pretty self-explanatory from that point.
Re: Brighter Lamp / Light Spell [message #57284 is a reply to message #57274] Sun, 23 May 2010 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the inner radius can't be the distance away from the hero where the light starts, because 90:100 creates light starting from right on the hero, just like the default lamp, not 90 units away.

I tried changing the other non-zero values and nothing seemed to happen. Can't help you there.

I'll package it as 12:15 and upload it I guess. I'm guessing as long as outerradius - innerradius = 3 you can just raise and lower the values to get a stronger or weaker lamp with the same properties as the default.
Re: Brighter Lamp / Light Spell [message #57285 is a reply to message #57284] Sun, 23 May 2010 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
pacman7654 wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 05:31

well the inner radius can't be the distance away from the hero where the light starts, because 90:100 creates light starting from right on the hero, just like the default lamp, not 90 units away.

I tried changing the other non-zero values and nothing seemed to happen. Can't help you there.

I'll package it as 12:15 and upload it I guess. I'm guessing as long as outerradius - innerradius = 3 you can just raise and lower the values to get a stronger or weaker lamp with the same properties as the default.
Hmm, I'll have to play around with it sometime and see firsthand what these things do. Well, glad you got what you were looking for and thanks for contributing to the site already. Smile
Hope you'll stick around.
Re: Brighter Lamp / Light Spell [message #57291 is a reply to message #57285] Sun, 23 May 2010 09:07 Go to previous message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
i would guess that the first number(the lower one) wud be the distance where the brighter area of the light extends to,rather than the start point its the end point of the inner area of light. The larger number is how far the faded bit of light(faded to show distance) extends beyond the inner light(number is still measured from the hero though)

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Previous Topic: Shirt models
Next Topic: The main creater of the balverine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:31:39 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01560 seconds