Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Editing tools not working
Editing tools not working [message #57311] Mon, 24 May 2010 17:47 Go to next message
Anthonywolfe is currently offline  Anthonywolfe
Well I know whats wrong just not how to fix it. My game is on my external hard drive "J:\Games\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\" But the tools keep checking "C:\Program files\etc" I noticed the conifg files but changing the paths did not help either. It is still looking in C:\
So anything I missed?

Thanks
~Anthony
Re: Editing tools not working [message #57313 is a reply to message #57311] Mon, 24 May 2010 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Did you install the games to the external drive or did you do something stupid like install it to C: and then move it to the external drive?

If you moved it, that means the registry information needs to be edited.
Start>Run or WinKey+R, type in "regedit" and press enter.
Navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
Find the entry that says SetupPath and change it to reflect where the Fable.exe is. And I can't stress this enough, it is of the utmost importance that you make sure the line ends with a backslash (\). If it does not, the tools still won't work, even if the rest of the line is correct.
Re: Editing tools not working [message #57331 is a reply to message #57313] Tue, 25 May 2010 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm it seems to have been set to C:\ ...
I just know I set the installer path to J:\
Well whatever thanks for pointing me to the key. The tools work fine now.
------------

Edit: Well I seem to have another issue. When trying to load fmp files it acts like it does something. Shadownet treeview refreshes, Choclatebox shows that dialog and I press apply. In both I save and run and no edits happened. I Push the X and it asks me if I want to save nothing has changed. I also noticed after loading the files and checking the files that should have been changed but they where not touched.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Editing tools not working [message #57336 is a reply to message #57311] Tue, 25 May 2010 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

What mods are you loading? How many have you tried?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Editing tools not working [message #57337 is a reply to message #57336] Tue, 25 May 2010 16:37 Go to previous message
Well after the first one did not work I tried a bunch of them from the completed mods section. A few that edits the hero. No silver keys required to open the chests.. ( I gave all my keys to that damned door Sad ).

Also I have one more question that seems to be asked alot.
How can I age down my hero? I can't do the skill one, maxed all skills and stats. The trainer changed my age number but not my mesh. I'm still look like a 65 year old guy Confused . And I have not bothered with the editing game files one. I think you know why. Razz
Previous Topic: Chocolate Box Error
Next Topic: Net Framework 3.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:26:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01320 seconds