Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » How do i spawn evil guild apprentices
How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57319] Mon, 24 May 2010 19:54 Go to next message
Cyanide is currently offline  Cyanide
I searched and i either don't understand or cant find how to spawn some evil guild apprentices in the guild. im doing this to see if i can get the good apprentices to fight with the evil ones i set the factions to enemies all i think is left is spawning a few in the guild.

Modding For A Better Yesterday
Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57328 is a reply to message #57319] Tue, 25 May 2010 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I looked into this, there is no Creature Generator Family specifically for these guys, so you will have to spawn them one by one. I changed the Faction, but they wouldn't fight, maybe you can play around with it more and figure out a way to make them fight. I will post if I figure it out.

I attached a text document with good and evil guild apps. They will all spawn in the same place, near the Will test area, but you want them close so they will fight each other.

You can use AE to get new UIDs, or (easier to try at first)just make some up by changing a few numbers and hope you don't accidentally duplicate any that are already there.

Now open the tng for the Guild and paste one of each under XXXSectionStart NULL;, then change the UIDs and paste more copies as you like.

Put in as many as you want. You can get new coordinates and put them somewhere else if you want a bunch of them and more room for them to fight, if they will.

SO that you know, the way I got the script was to open AE and take the script for the guys who do the training tests, then change the ScriptName to NULL, and the DefinitionTypes to the creature I wanted.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57339 is a reply to message #57328] Tue, 25 May 2010 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try when my laptop gets back up and running but right now im running on my desktop rocking Ubuntu so i cant try

Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57340 is a reply to message #57339] Tue, 25 May 2010 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I've an idea on this. As opposed to a level script edit. The CCreatureDefs of the apprentices can be adjusted to include the dark textures as well. The game doesn't have a bunch of specifically scripted and defined villagers with different appearances, it uses the CCreatureDef to allow a mix'n'match of meshes and textures of the same CREATURE. So it's just a matter of editing that.

If you'd like, I can set up these definition edits for you. It'll be good for me because I could use some experience with those entries.

Edit: Done, needs further testing. Would someone be kind enough to use the attached mod, check out the Guild and see if they see a variety similar to this:

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2010 21:56]

Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57343 is a reply to message #57340] Tue, 25 May 2010 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully this will work at getting them in there now all is left is getting them to fight each other, just another step in the road to Chaos Guild then Anarchy in Albion

Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57344 is a reply to message #57340] Tue, 25 May 2010 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I tried the fmp, is it supposed to spawn all those people? Do I need to spawn several myself and look for the variety of clothing?
Just applying the fmp did not do anything in the Guild.

Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57345 is a reply to message #57344] Wed, 26 May 2010 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Wed, 26 May 2010 01:53

I tried the fmp, is it supposed to spawn all those people? Do I need to spawn several myself and look for the variety of clothing?
Just applying the fmp did not do anything in the Guild.
No, the FMP edits existing CREATURE entries, and those are the creatures that should be auto-spawning in the guild via the CVillagePeopleDef. Hmm... I'll have to take another look then.
The fifty apprentices in the images were done that way so I can see a whole bunch of them at one place without having to run about the guild looking to find my results.

Edit: Figured it out. I think. I'm pretty sure anyway. I'll put together another FMP and try it again.

Edit: Well...It should be a split population but it would seem that the random seeding prefers 1, 2 and 3 more than 4, 5 and 6 (dark apprentices). Still, that's that.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 May 2010 01:50]

Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57347 is a reply to message #57345] Wed, 26 May 2010 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks just tested it and their there, know to figure out how to get them to fight any ideas would be helpful, since setting the factions as enemies does not seem to work. so i checked the factions linked to the creatures and had to set those right, since half weren't linked right so i am stuck on this,

Re: How do i spawn evil guild apprentices [message #57349 is a reply to message #57347] Wed, 26 May 2010 07:08 Go to previous message

Retired
Cyanide wrote on Wed, 26 May 2010 07:46

Thanks just tested it and their there, know to figure out how to get them to fight any ideas would be helpful, since setting the factions as enemies does not seem to work. so i checked the factions linked to the creatures and had to set those right, since half weren't linked right so i am stuck on this,
Oh fudge. This is what happens when I don't read the whole post. My mod merely makes the apprentices wear both light and dark outfits, but it's the same apprentice and you won't be able to get just the light ones fighting the dark ones.

Terribly sorry about that, I can set up a reverse mod for you. Now, as for what you're trying to do, there's a way to do that again through the definitions. What I'm thinking is this: duplicate the male and female apprentices, then replace the guards and, hell, everyone else with the duplicate apprentices. Last, change the faction of the duplicates to be foes of the light apprentices. The end result should be what you're going for, except you'd have to start a new... or I can just replace the guards and have them spawn by the dozen. Or someone could set up a creature generator. Whatever.
Previous Topic: Regions heightmap
Next Topic: Mergeing grannys demon door with Homestead (apparently inposoble)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:50:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01205 seconds