Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Impossible Ideas Thread
Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57355] Thu, 27 May 2010 10:22 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Fable modders from all over have been at this game for a little shy of six years now. In that time we've all been terribly disappointed several times at the limitations placed on Fable modding.

We have had (and still have) people with a huge array of talents that would allow them to create mind-blowing visual effects, sound effects, truly captivating landscapes, complex scripts and clever quests, cutscenes that belong in theatrical trailers, animations rivaling that of every epic duel that has taken place in film, graphics that the Fable devs couldn't even dream of. We've even had some decent voice actors out there. But these limitations have kept us from using these talents and doing the things we really, really wanted to do. I've spent the last couple of years telling people that everything they wanted was impossible. Well, I don't care about that anymore, I'm interested in knowing what you guys would do if there were no limitations.

If anything was possible and you had a full team of skilled, like-minded individuals, and you had the time, what would you do with Fable? Anything.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57356 is a reply to message #57355] Thu, 27 May 2010 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razerbladenightmare is currently offline  Razerbladenightmare
take fable 41 an enable your character to fly. in fable 41 only however, because the load screens would suck during flight. an only for completely evil or completely good characters, with angel wings or demon wings, respectively. but johndoe, as i have rea your blatant disregar for wings in fable lmao, maybe like an assassin rush like trail behind you, alignment colore respectively, with a superman like animation. it would really add to the whole "do anything" type feel.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57357 is a reply to message #57355] Thu, 27 May 2010 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
I would add more ability for initial character customization like:
Starting title
Hair color(no alignment change with all options in game)
Eye color(same deal as hair)
Hair/Facial hair style(limited to only a few starter styles but still there)
Multiple Hero Guild(Kind of like different Factions or maybe just multiple bases)
More Weapons
More varied henchmen(more than 4 and more varied appearance)
Alot more that i forgot and yes i know some of this may be done with FE(but not ingame which is what i would like) LOL just realized that i basicly described Oblivion

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57358 is a reply to message #57357] Thu, 27 May 2010 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
I would make it have:
crazy good graphics.
A few more weapon types and unique weapons and amazingly detailed weapon forge with tons of options.
Better spells.
Better spell system.
Functional seasons.
Huge, lively areas with cities,wildlife, and realistic people.
Ability to effect an individuals life.
More/Better npc interaction.
More items with individual more sufficient effects on all people.
Careers that were more realistic than in fable 2.
Weapons somewhat inbetween crossbows and fable 2 guns.
Tons of wildlife above and below sea level.
Ability to swim and go under water, a bit like oblivions swimming system, but less choppy.
Ability to hunt and decorate your house with the skins and heads and such, as well as other things.
More consequnces for choices.
More important choices.
Your own, fully customizable demention.
Cooler morphs, which you could modify/ turn on and off.
Better, longer storyline.
More dragons.
Ability to fly if you have wings or a certain spell.
Rideable flying creatures.

I think this would be a darn near perfect game.

Dammit

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:15]

Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57362 is a reply to message #57357] Thu, 27 May 2010 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
You guys forgot the most important thing: Making it possible to go somewhere other than Albion.

charrzarr wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 15:12

I believe JohnDoe was working on this at one point. He even got the weighting to work.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57363 is a reply to message #57362] Thu, 27 May 2010 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
nicomon wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 20:07

You guys forgot the most important thing: Making it possible to go somewhere other than Albion.

I think that falls under my "new areas" thing.

I did forget gender though.

Dammit
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57365 is a reply to message #57363] Fri, 28 May 2010 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Razerbladenightmare wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 14:24

take fable 41 an enable your character to fly. in fable 41 only however, because the load screens would suck during flight. an only for completely evil or completely good characters, with angel wings or demon wings, respectively. but johndoe, as i have rea your blatant disregar for wings in fable lmao, maybe like an assassin rush like trail behind you, alignment colore respectively, with a superman like animation. it would really add to the whole "do anything" type feel.
Fable 41, heh. Try Fable 53, 41 regions will connect maps that don't connect. But, what about Fable 1? Where all maps are contiguous and even. Remember, for this thread, just forget the word "impossible". Hell of a drain on resources, the initial load up time takes a good while, but worth it for that Morrowind feel of being able to go anywhere in any direction. Wings are not something I disregard just can't do, wings are doable but animations are not and I think that nice flapping animations on some dynamic wings would be pretty cool. Flying, that'd be fun. I think I'd prefer the DBZ flying pose over the Superman flying pose though. Assassin Rush effects when in the air, or the flaming trails of Battle Charge when flying close to the ground, that'd be pretty cool.

charrzarr wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 17:12

I would add more ability for initial character customization like:
Starting title
Hair color(no alignment change with all options in game)
Eye color(same deal as hair)
Hair/Facial hair style(limited to only a few starter styles but still there)
Multiple Hero Guild(Kind of like different Factions or maybe just multiple bases)
More Weapons
More varied henchmen(more than 4 and more varied appearance)
Alot more that i forgot and yes i know some of this may be done with FE(but not ingame which is what i would like) LOL just realized that i basicly described Oblivion
Hell yea, at the start of the game you get to be a kid that looks like he needs to wear a helmet and ride the short bus. It'd be grand if we had some power to decide who we will be and what we look like at the beginning of the game.

And multiple hero guilds? Like rivals of the same caliber? I'm fresh from playing Jedi Academy so the first thing that comes to my mind would be something along the lines of Jedi vs Sith. Which I think is awesome.

We can do more henchmen though. That's very possible. There's several dark and light textures, and there's small and large torso and head models that can be used. And with retextures that's an infinite amount of possibilities. Still, you're left with only four types of bodyguards though, good weak/strong and dark weak/strong. While these could be tweaked and some independent customizations can be made, including price, there's still the fact that they'll all be male and all have to use the same animations... it'd be nice if we could push through those barriers and get some awesome mercenaries to follow us around rather than guard washouts.
James Butts wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 18:14

I would make it have:
crazy good graphics.
A few more weapon types and unique weapons and amazingly detailed weapon forge with tons of options.
Better spells.
Better spell system.
Functional seasons.
Huge, lively areas with cities,wildlife, and realistic people.
Ability to effect an individuals life.
More/Better npc interaction.
More items with individual more sufficient effects on all people.
Careers that were more realistic than in fable 2.
Weapons somewhat inbetween crossbows and fable 2 guns.
Tons of wildlife above and below sea level.
Ability to swim and go under water, a bit like oblivions swimming system, but less choppy.
Ability to hunt and decorate your house with the skins and heads and such, as well as other things.
More consequnces for choices.
More important choices.
Your own, fully customizable demention.
Cooler morphs, which you could modify/ turn on and off.
Better, longer storyline.
More dragons.
Ability to fly if you have wings or a certain spell.
Rideable flying creatures.

I think this would be a darn near perfect game.
A weapon forge? For the creation of custom weapons? I like it. Smile
Spells... the spells in Fable look better than their parallels in other games, but they're very limited. In the TES games, spells have an enormous power in that they can be completely customized to have the effects desired. Potions too. And rather than have just a fixed number of types of spells and potions, you an have near-infinite types of spells and potions in the TES games, and have an unlimited number of them (well, limited by system resources).

A lot of people have talked about the atmosphere of Fable being engaging, but it's lacking. Environmental stuff, like seasons, wildlife, the ability to swim, these would be definite pluses. Mounts, oh good god yes, I want to ride my horse into combat.

I don't know if riding things in the air or having more dragons would fit into Fable, but I want to be able to add those things in. I want that capability.
nicomon wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 22:07

There's a thought. An entirely new set of maps for an entirely different country. A whole new set of creatures, different architecture, different rules and customs, that would be awesome. That is a project I would have loved to do if we could.
nicomon wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 22:07

charrzarr wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 15:12

I believe JohnDoe was working on this at one point. He even got the weighting to work.
Lost the files, but redoing it now. I didn't touch the weighting for that project, I was relying on a different way of doing things such that I could leave all the models alone and just mess with the textures, allowing me to retain the quality. He's talking about something else anyway, he's thinking of an initial set up screen that determines what gender you're going to be throughout the game.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57368 is a reply to message #57365] Fri, 28 May 2010 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I would be making The Craftsman's Candyland for Fable instead of Oblivion. Fable - The New World would be a quest where the Craftsman makes the treasure, leaves the treasure, and in the last chest you find clues as to where he went. You could follow him into Candyland.

I would also completely redo the church system to go in depth, so you could be devoutly religious with more rewards and consequences.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57371 is a reply to message #57368] Fri, 28 May 2010 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I'd finish the mad bomber quest, I'd set up arenas to have a more gladiator style. I'd implement user-selected melee combat styles (dual swords, sword/shield, or only a sword) and revise the ranged combat to be more balanced.

I would create more and better bosses. I dream of a foe that stands ten feet tall with six arms and answers to the name of "we're all going to die". I want to set up naval warfare against pirates on the high seas that occasionally get interrupted by krakens.

I would want hand-to-hand combat that looks like it came out of the Matrix (the first one, wasn't too fond of the ones after that). I want to be able to set up grabbing, locking, deadly reflex wrestling, then I want to be able to pull my enemy's arms off and beat him to death with them. I want to set up the snapping of necks and cutting of throats. I want to put in a system that allows dismemberment and keeping heads and hands as trophies.

I would want to implement a party system, a system to recruit mercenaries and lay siege to fortresses and cities alike. I'd build opposing armies, not just groups of bandits wandering aimlessly through the woods but entire armies, and have them fight against each other on the edge of a ravine until bodies form a bridge to the other side. I want to set up Mordor, then have the Hero walk into it in a simple fashion.

I would want to revise overhaul the storyline to anything else. Of course, that might just be because I've played through the beginning a million times.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57373 is a reply to message #57355] Fri, 28 May 2010 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Happy Viking is currently offline  A Happy Viking
I'd make the dragon more used in the game, such as in quests.

Also, I'd probably want to have the ability to use my environment aginst enemies. Example: You're running through Oakvale when a bandit runs up to you and tries to attack you. You have no weapons, so what do you do? You rip a tree branch off of a tree and maul him.

Also I'd want pet bears. Bears are crazy.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57379 is a reply to message #57355] Fri, 28 May 2010 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
modder_in_training
oh boy, thank you john, where do I begin...

BE FOR WORNED! There is a huge wall of text ahead, almost all my idea of what I would do. Also, if I spelled anything wrong, forgive me.

wall of text here

That is all I got

If you MUST pm me, go ahead, but please, ceap it modding related and streaght to the point. Thank you.

Excuse my spelling, I am natrally spelling-chalenged.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:18]

icon10.gif  Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57403 is a reply to message #57355] Sat, 29 May 2010 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Here's how I would have things. First off, ultra high graphics, hero speaking, and dual wielding and shields. Second, MORE REALISTIC ARMOR AND WEAPONS!!!!!!! Third, choosing what your hero says in cutscenes, which could affect your morality and how different heroes treat you. Fourth, making custom weapons and armor through a complex blacksmith system. Fifth, mounts, mounts, mounts, mounts, mounts, and MORE MOUNTS!!! Finally, custom titles and better or worse reactions to said titles!(E.G: Paladin: Oh, my god It's the paladin! Just look at that golden glow around him! Deathbringer: AHHH!!! It's the deathbringer and his sword, Light's Bane!!! Don't go near him else you'll turn into a follower of Skorm!) Twisted Evil

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57416 is a reply to message #57355] Sat, 29 May 2010 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JWDragair is currently offline  JWDragair
If it could have been done, I'd focus on character customization more. Make it so that you can be a female character if you could, change the way that the body is tied into your stats so that you can choose in the beginning your height and and how broad your shoulders are. Make it so that there would be a way to actually in game create custom hairstyles that work (in the way that if I went to a barber right now I could tell them how to cut my hair)

I would make it so that the guild reflects your alignment, or better yet make three separate guilds that you can choose to use: good evil and neutral. Make it so that being a neutral character actually has a benefit to it (that might be possible already actually).

Overhaul the storyline completely, make it so that there is more to do after JoB has been defeated twice, make it so that there is a new threat in a new land, make it so that there are better ways to travel than by foot and cullis gates. Increase the number of creatures, and make it so that all of the people aren't so stupid all of the time. The townspeople should not all be as dimwitted as they are.

Mostly what peeves me about Fable as it is is that there isn't enough character customization. Not nearly enough. If that was the only thing that I could do to it, then I'd be happy with that.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 May 2010 00:27] by Moderator

Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #57419 is a reply to message #57355] Mon, 31 May 2010 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
I know im not really a HUGE modder like u guys but i think the guild thing is kinda lame the whole idea is that you get to a neutral guild and so after u get out u do whatever u wish but on the other hand it could be cool
my idea is that you could buy a mini cullis gate thingy in some area and then that area will have a cullis gate which is great for Temple of Avo and Chapel of Skorm or other places which you dont want to travel through foot like a tour guide
another thing is that you could bribe people like bandits and guards and the effects will be
Bandits : fight they're own friends (like mercenaries)
Guards : ignore stealing crimes and if you pay 5 guards then you could also kill someone and they wouldn't do a thing or sumtin like that
And my last idea is that there would be jobs cause getting money only from quests takes a hell of a time
Examples :trainer (swordsmanship\Archery\Wizardsship in which u train and graduate apprentices)
or a teacher \blacksmith(like in Fable 2) and if you do teacher then u can choose what books to read (strength\skill\will and the points will be given to u by the level of the books u will read from 1* to 5***** ranked books-- and blacksmith will let u create your own arrows and augment them or your own swords by shape and colors....)
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #59634 is a reply to message #57355] Fri, 08 October 2010 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Orgasmatron78 is currently offline  Orgasmatron78

We need to copy all of this and send it to lionshead and they may consider some of our ideas. I've always thought that the creators would be able to learn more about what the customers want to see in a sequel by visiting a site like this.
Mods exist to enhance the gaming experiance to its full potential.

Sometimes the best laid plans don't always get you layed the way you planned
icon3.gif  Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61221 is a reply to message #57355] Thu, 27 January 2011 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StormOfThorns
Don't bash me because this thread is from last year. I've been hovering around this site for quite some time. I've been absorbing what all you have done, speculated, etc.

I would say all of this could be possible—if it were—but obviously, it would have to take re-coding everything. You've all gone so far as being able to retexture, make new weapons, etc etc. I find it amazing and it is hard to move on from this great game. I remember the old days of screwing around with Diablo LOD. Some games are too epic to pass up.

It's one thing to speculate of what--on the other hand... how could one, or many loyal fans, make this possible? You've even made programs to extend to this game and hack it's elements, objects. Coding, hexing?

Bigger question is, since so many of you have done this much... if it so much worth the time, and even make a site dedicated to it... why not gather a group together? A team like they call it for any game development. Visual basic, C++, python.. what have you. I swear anything is possible as long as you have a computer within your grasp.

I enjoy reading all of your ideas. There are so many multiplayer games with this included... I do not see how it is NOT possible to extend it to a single player game. Brilliant work, folks.

Would anyone care enough to get involved in pushing it further? After all, many communities are based around these games. Brilliant minds, all focused on this.

What language is Fable (TLC) written in? Rolling Eyes
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61222 is a reply to message #61221] Thu, 27 January 2011 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
StormOfThorns wrote on Thu, 27 January 2011 08:37

Don't bash me because this thread is from last year. I've been hovering around this site for quite some time. I've been absorbing what all you have done, speculated, etc.

I would say all of this could be possible—if it were—but obviously, it would have to take re-coding everything. You've all gone so far as being able to retexture, make new weapons, etc etc. I find it amazing and it is hard to move on from this great game. I remember the old days of screwing around with Diablo LOD. Some games are too epic to pass up.

It's one thing to speculate of what--on the other hand... how could one, or many loyal fans, make this possible? You've even made programs to extend to this game and hack it's elements, objects. Coding, hexing?

Bigger question is, since so many of you have done this much... if it so much worth the time, and even make a site dedicated to it... why not gather a group together? A team like they call it for any game development. Visual basic, C++, python.. what have you. I swear anything is possible as long as you have a computer within your grasp.

I enjoy reading all of your ideas. There are so many multiplayer games with this included... I do not see how it is NOT possible to extend it to a single player game. Brilliant work, folks.

Would anyone care enough to get involved in pushing it further? After all, many communities are based around these games. Brilliant minds, all focused on this.

What language is Fable (TLC) written in? Rolling Eyes

Something like that would be a huge undertaking that modders typically don't have time for.

It doesn't really matter what Fable was written in. If you were going to recreate the engine you'd just pick the language you were most familiar with.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61224 is a reply to message #61222] Thu, 27 January 2011 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Thu, 27 January 2011 10:18

Something like that would be a huge undertaking that modders typically don't have time for.

It doesn't really matter what Fable was written in. If you were going to recreate the engine you'd just pick the language you were most familiar with.

Knowing what Fable was written in might be helpful, though, because the coder would have somewhere to start.

Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61225 is a reply to message #61224] Thu, 27 January 2011 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
StormOfThorns wrote on Thu, 27 January 2011 08:37

I do not see how it is NOT possible [etc. etc. snip]
What you're talking about is a project that can never be done to completion that takes years of work, multiple teams of people, and an active community that will support the project. Yes, we have a site, and we even used to have teams for community mods and such, but now there's just no interest in it. Even if enough talent could be gathered together to take on such a project, who's going to play it? Just us? I'll pass on working my ass off for that.
nicomon wrote on Thu, 27 January 2011 19:31

Knowing what Fable was written in might be helpful, though, because the coder would have somewhere to start.
That's not going to help. Watch: C++. See?

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2011 18:20]

Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61228 is a reply to message #61225] Fri, 28 January 2011 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 27 January 2011 20:15

Watch: C++. See?

O_O !?

I can see the matrix! I'll get right on that engine Mr. JohnDoe sir. Should be done in a couple hours at most.

But on a serious note. If you want to make a fan game go with an homage. Something 2D, maybe top down or isometric. Use an existing open source RPG game maker type engine.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61258 is a reply to message #61228] Mon, 31 January 2011 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Keshire wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 07:32

I can see the matrix! I'll get right on that engine Mr. JohnDoe sir. Should be done in a couple hours at most.
That's the reply I was expecting, just not from you. Razz

My own serious here, if you talk about that kind of project and then ask what language the game is in, that's a sign for everyone else to ignore you because you are so far in over your head that... something witty.

Here's a tip for you. Even without knowing anything about the game, without looking at any of the files, without playing it, without knowing anything at all, you know it's C++ because MSVC++ 2005 is packaged with and installed alongside Fable. If language-specific runtimes are packaged with a game, it's going to be in that language.

But on a serious note. If you want to make a fan game go with an homage. Something 2D, maybe top down or isometric. Use an existing open source RPG game maker type engine.
I used to keep tabs on a Zelda fan game project, 2D top-down, was looking pretty awesome. I don't know if it was ever finished or released but it would be a good place to start for something like this, even just as a point of reference.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #61262 is a reply to message #61258] Mon, 31 January 2011 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 31 January 2011 05:18

That's the reply I was expecting, just not from you. Razz

My own serious here, if you talk about that kind of project and then ask what language the game is in, that's a sign for everyone else to ignore you because you are so far in over your head that... something witty.

Here's a tip for you. Even without knowing anything about the game, without looking at any of the files, without playing it, without knowing anything at all, you know it's C++ because MSVC++ 2005 is packaged with and installed alongside Fable. If language-specific runtimes are packaged with a game, it's going to be in that language.

I used to keep tabs on a Zelda fan game project, 2D top-down, was looking pretty awesome. I don't know if it was ever finished or released but it would be a good place to start for something like this, even just as a point of reference.

Aye. And I was working on a 2D MovieBattles game for Nintendo DS. I still have the source code too. I really should finish it.

Saber Collision Test
Force Push Test
Map Test

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #63712 is a reply to message #57355] Sun, 26 June 2011 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
i would
1.) Make albion exceedingly larger, i mean covering all of those little pieces of land on the map you never visit and make everything breakable and kill able, free roam, fall damage and new spells.
2.)Areas outside of albion like great Britain and other countries visit able.
3.) a portal gun/bow that can either shoot two portal, or a bow that can shoot something that bring the character directly to the point hit, if only you could say link a entrance point to and exit point both shot out of the bow and both able to be traveled through.
4.) a better character race, species, and gender and overall appearance customization.
note: plz dont yell at me for a necropost, john doe told me i could make a post here as long as i wasnt makeing a stupid bump like lulz.

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #63713 is a reply to message #63712] Sun, 26 June 2011 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi wrote on Sun, 26 June 2011 13:28

3.) a portal gun/bow that can either shoot two portal, or a bow that can shoot something that bring the character directly to the point hit, if only you could say link a entrance point to and exit point both shot out of the bow and both able to be traveled through..

If you could only shoot one end of the portal, and it was one-way,(with a single, stationary exit, basically) it might be possible. The biggest problems (albeit the only ones I know of currently)would be getting the new region exit point(or other relevant object used for teleporting, even if requires interacting) to have the script telling it to send the hero somewhere. The other major problem would be getting the game to register those scripts exist when they come into existence during gameplay.

So I'll ask those who know better than me: Can this be done?

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2011 13:58]

Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #63714 is a reply to message #63713] Sun, 26 June 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I like a lot of those ideas, particularly fall damage, that would be a nice one. Though portal guns... meh, I won't judge. Though I do think a hookshot would be more appropriate, even if I try to keep Zelda out of Fable and Fable out of Zelda.

nicomon wrote on Sun, 26 June 2011 15:56

So I'll ask those who know better than me: Can this be done?
Nope. But this is the impossible ideas thread, not the can this be done thread.
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #63715 is a reply to message #57355] Sun, 26 June 2011 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
yah, a hookshot/clawshot/longshot would be cool. but with fall damage you would most likely need falling animations

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Impossible Ideas Thread [message #63717 is a reply to message #63715] Sun, 26 June 2011 16:12 Go to previous message

Retired
tyscifi wrote on Sun, 26 June 2011 17:35

but with fall damage you would most likely need falling animations
As well as an engine that would allow such a thing. Another idea would be to have drowning, and of course swimming.
Previous Topic: is this thread dead
Next Topic: Fable TLC : Editing sounds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:19:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01181 seconds