Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Albion Explorer World Editor "Freezes"
Albion Explorer World Editor "Freezes" [message #57451] Tue, 01 June 2010 22:38 Go to next message
atlos123 is currently offline  atlos123
I've been trying to get Albion Explorer working today, and I am able to walk up and down hills and all tht, but whenever I open up Albion Explorer and go to regions, double click a region then press "world editor" it presents me with thisI have Fable TLC, WinRAR, FreeRoam,Fable Explorer and several other things mentioned needed for this to work so I must have screwed up somewhere along the way. If anyone has an idea why this is happening then your solution has got to be better than mine (Which is, in fact, none).

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 23:00] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Albion Explorer World Editor "Freezes" [message #57452 is a reply to message #57451] Tue, 01 June 2010 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Use FreeRoam. Done.
Re: Albion Explorer World Editor "Freezes" [message #57453 is a reply to message #57452] Tue, 01 June 2010 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you be more specific as to what I do to allow world editor? I'm sorry for the inconveniance.
Re: Albion Explorer World Editor "Freezes" [message #57454 is a reply to message #57453] Wed, 02 June 2010 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
atlos123 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2010 01:34

I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you be more specific as to what I do to allow world editor? I'm sorry for the inconveniance.
JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 02 June 2010 01:01

Use FreeRoam. Done.
You're not at all familiar with how this works, are you? Use FreeRoam to dump the LEVs and TNGs from the FinalAlbion.wad (in the data folder, not levels), rename the FinalAlbion.wad. Then you can use AlbionExplorer to edit LEVs and TNGs.

So, again: Use FreeRoam. Done.
Re: Albion Explorer World Editor "Freezes" [message #57455 is a reply to message #57454] Wed, 02 June 2010 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've opened FreeRoam.exe and clicked open. Then I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data then double clicked levels, then clicked FinalAlbion.wad, then open. Tng and Lev (Patched) were checked, then I clicked RIP I went to Data and pressed Save. Then renamed it FinalAlbion2.wad.

For userst.ini I changed
UseLevelWAD True; --> UseLevelWAD FALSE;

For AlbionExplorer.ini I changed settings to
[Settings]

FableRegistry = Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Fable\1.0
MyPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\
Splash = true

Also, if this helps, when I tried to world edit a map (not region) I got thisIf I did everything right tell me what I'm supposed to be doing, if I did something wrong correct me, please. I know this has all been made to be simple but I sort of just started modding today. Again, sorry.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 June 2010 01:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Albion Explorer World Editor "Freezes" [message #57456 is a reply to message #57455] Wed, 02 June 2010 02:08 Go to previous message

Retired
Stop apologizing. I only have three suggestions for you and that's where the extent of help stops as AlbionExplorer is no longer supported.
  • If you're using the latest AlbionExplorer (the zip file posted by BayStone along with AE Resources or from morerunes' Suite installer), use the other, older one (Satan's installer); if you're using the older one, get the latest one. Don't ask me why, it's magic.
  • Make sure you have all the prerequisites: .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 (or higher) and MSVC++ 2005 SP1.
  • You're on Vista/Windows 7, always run the app as an administrator, refer to this.
Previous Topic: Net Framework 3.5
Next Topic: freeroam .wad dump error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:39:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01030 seconds