Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Villagers With Weapons (that fight too)
Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57461] Wed, 02 June 2010 19:16 Go to next message
atlos123 is currently offline  atlos123
I've been thinking how fun it'd be if villagers could fight back, and not just some, but preferably all of them would be allowed to attack. Of course, fists are too weak to fight against, so I'd like to ask if someone could make a mod to give villagers weapons like iron longswords and such and make it so that if I break the law or something they'll all attack, instead of just the guards and a FEW of the villagers.

I have been working on it for the past few hours and haven't really come up with anything, hopefully one of you will have the time to make this mod.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2010 06:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57464 is a reply to message #57461] Thu, 03 June 2010 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

That's a pretty good idea, and it seems doable, as long as you give them the weapon and a fighting style and maybe tinker with faction settings. It shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows what they're doing in FE. If I knew how to get to faction settings and how to get them right I could do it, but unfortunately that's a bit out of my reach at the moment.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57465 is a reply to message #57464] Thu, 03 June 2010 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, and It's a bit out of my reach too, though I've been tinkering with factions the only "useful" thing I've found out about it was that sometimes I need to start a new game for the changes to exist in game. I'm glad someone finds it a little interesting too, the more interest the more useful the post is.

Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57466 is a reply to message #57465] Thu, 03 June 2010 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmm..... Well if you can keep tinkering with factions and figure out how to get villagers to attack all enemies to their faction, I can give them the weapons and the fighting styles. But they may need some bone edits for that to work. But for now let's try to get this started. I can start experimenting with the guild tourists and go from there. EDIT: Okay I've gotten villagers with weapons. they can't fight exactly, but they can block attacks to the extent of whoever's combat style I give them. I think that's a start as it makes it at least harder to commit murder.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2010 17:42]

Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57477 is a reply to message #57461] Fri, 04 June 2010 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been able to give villagers and guild apprentices weapons, and have been messing with factions, attack styles and PBrains of a lot of npcs but still no luck (They don't fight, even if on your side).
Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57488 is a reply to message #57477] Fri, 04 June 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, don't mess with the PBRAIN, instead try setting villager faction settings to the same as the guards.

Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57496 is a reply to message #57461] Sat, 05 June 2010 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All right, they have thier normal PBrains again, and I've changed the factions several times. The weapons I've added to certain people also seem to fall off of them, or something like that because I see a lot of them on th ground sometimes.

If someone can tell me how to fix that glitch it'd be much appreciated. Oh, and another glitch that's been irritating is sometimes when I'm at the guild I start off as an adult (but still in child clothes) which gets wierd however funny it may be, and when this happens at a certain point sound seems to shut off. If anyone has any idea for that let me know as well.

All in all though making this mod is revealing to be not just above, but FAR beyond my abilities so far to mod fable which proves how idiotis I am and how unsatisfied I'll be for the mean time. Any help at all would be accepted.
Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57497 is a reply to message #57496] Sat, 05 June 2010 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

well the dropping weapons thing isn't a glitch but I don't know how to get rid of it. as for your guild problem, I say bring in your backups. oh and a word of advice now, don't give anyone the frying pan. they can't wield heavy weapons so it just drops.

Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57537 is a reply to message #57461] Mon, 07 June 2010 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to resort to exporting the CREATURE_GUILD_APPRENTICE_MALE_ARMED_ENDGAME
and importing it to all of the original guild apprentice creatures. It worked in the sense that they fight for you, and are basically the good version of twinblades bandits. Like normal guild apprentices though they won't fight you, and they will stop following you if you do something bad in front of them like a normal npc follower. Unlike normal guild apprentices though they don't talk to you they only use battle vocals.

The exporting and importing way of doing this works for basically any other creauture as well. The original creature will keep thier factions I believe, but will look, fight, and sound like what was imported into the original creature.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 June 2010 05:06]

Re: Villagers With Weapons (that fight too) [message #57543 is a reply to message #57537] Mon, 07 June 2010 10:05 Go to previous message

Okay, so that's some dang good progress. So all we really need now, is to get them in all senses to act like normal villagers, while still doing the fighting stuff right. Excellent work. Wish I could do that much with fable explorer.

Previous Topic: Jack Of Blade's Size
Next Topic: Fable:The Darkest Hour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:13:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01044 seconds