Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons
Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57509] Sun, 06 June 2010 03:18 Go to next message
Magmajaw is currently offline  Magmajaw
This is a very simple mod, yet very effective. I've upped the damage on both swords to 450, which if i'm correct was the origanal damage for Sword of aeons in the origanal fable on xbox. I've also added a generic melee explosion like jack of blades sword has. It basically will knock any enermy off its feet with one strike. The flourish effects have been changed to a more fitting style for the swords.

A bright blue glow for Avo's tear

index.php?t=getfile&id=8732&private=0

A dark red glow for The sword of aeons.

index.php?t=getfile&id=8733&private=0

Basic mods i know but very good in my opioin. Give the "legendary" weapons more character and there less lame in power. It also portraits there allienment better.

Have fun with them!

Pls rate and comment if you still play fable. lol.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57511 is a reply to message #57509] Sun, 06 June 2010 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atlos123 is currently offline  atlos123
Original damage for Sword of Aeons was 550, but that doesn't really matter. The auras for theswords look awesome, col mod.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57516 is a reply to message #57509] Sun, 06 June 2010 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yh i wasnt sure on its actual damage so i guessed but 450 isnt bad. Its not a god sword anyways.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57520 is a reply to message #57516] Sun, 06 June 2010 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Read this. Your mod won't do anything because you only packed the OBJECT entries.

If you edited the CWeaponDef, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the CObjectAugmentationsDef, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the CStockItemDef, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the CCarryableDef, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the CInventoryItemDef, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the title and description text entries, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the mesh, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the textures, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited the effects, you have to pack it in the FMP.
If you edited it, you have to pack it in the FMP.
Everything that you edited must be packed in the FMP.

Also note that it's smart to rename the edited CDefs, textures, meshes and effects before packing them, the only thing you leave named the same is the OBJECT entry unless you want to create an entirely new item rather than edit an existing one.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57615 is a reply to message #57520] Fri, 11 June 2010 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay, please either fix the FMPs, tell someone else how you made it work for you so that someone else can, or have this thread taken down, so that it doesn't take up site space. I know I'm not a moderator, but this really needs to be done. It should not be too hard to put what you edited into an FMP, even if you DO have a life, which I sincerely doubt you do. -.-

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57616 is a reply to message #57615] Fri, 11 June 2010 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
@asmcint: Leave the hazing for the professionals.
I went over this mod very carefully and deduced that it can cause no harm other than restore the OBJECT entries to their original state, which wouldn't be a problem if the mod was packaged correctly in the first place. Suggesting that someone doesn't have a life simply because he made a nooby mistake is not acceptable.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57621 is a reply to message #57616] Fri, 11 June 2010 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay I'm sorry about that, I just had a lot of sugar today and I REALLY want a working version of this mod. =/

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57713 is a reply to message #57621] Tue, 15 June 2010 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

This has not been fixed yet, so I am putting it in WIP.

Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57940 is a reply to message #57509] Tue, 22 June 2010 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok everyone can you all just chill out for a sec. Sorry for the delay i've just been off doing other things. E.g. Oblivion modding. I'll do my best to fix this and repost but in the mean time pls be patiant with me. thanks.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57942 is a reply to message #57509] Wed, 23 June 2010 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok try this if this works then i now no what to do and will make the other one. If not i'll keep trying lol. Thanks guys.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57950 is a reply to message #57942] Wed, 23 June 2010 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

Do not double post, the forum is provided with a edit button.

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #57956 is a reply to message #57950] Wed, 23 June 2010 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The new FMP doesn't work either. I loaded it into FE, clicked save mods and run fable, and when I equip the S.O.A, nothing. -.-

EDIT: Okay actually it does edit the damage to 550 but no effects. =/
EDIT2:Actually, I was an idiot and forgot it's a flourish effect, the new FMP DOES work. Magmajaw, PM me the entry name of the effect you used for avo's tear, and I can make both effects permanently attached to the swords.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 June 2010 12:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #60423 is a reply to message #57509] Wed, 24 November 2010 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saelo Vaehrker is currently offline  Saelo Vaehrker
Where is the working version of Avo's Tear?

"For the Glory of God and the Kingdom of Vaehrkernia!" - Royal Motto of the Kingdom of Vaehrkernia
Re: Holy Avo's Tear & Unholy Sword of Aeons [message #60425 is a reply to message #60423] Thu, 25 November 2010 00:16 Go to previous message

Retired
Saelo Vaehrker wrote on Thu, 25 November 2010 01:41

Where is the working version of Avo's Tear?
There isn't one, read the thread.

As this mod has remained broken for a long time now, I'll go ahead and lock it. If this guy comes back, I'll open it again at his request.
Previous Topic: Edited minion weps.
Next Topic: Soul edge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:58:09 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01177 seconds