Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Need help
Need help [message #57519] Sun, 06 June 2010 09:57 Go to next message
Torionel
Hi guys! Community of my site (and me) has been making big fable mod (as fable conquest) since last year. But at the end we'll have to import all our mods to one game.bin, finalalbion.wad etc. And give files to users.

So I have two important questions:

- how do you make new items with holded ID of CInventoryDef? When I import our fmps, I have to change wrong ID's to right by hand. But when I install mods of...modders from here, I don't have to.

- My idea how to give our "addon" to users - it's import all our mods to one game.bin (and give it them)...But when I move game.bin into game without any mods, big part of changes disappear. Maybe it's so because I installed mods by shadownet FE?

So I hope you'll help me.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2010 10:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help [message #57525 is a reply to message #57519] Sun, 06 June 2010 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Shadownet has a feature to merge fmp's.
I suggest you try that.

But beware: large fmp's tend to crash FableExplorer.
It's like with the newitempacks I made, they take forever to load and cause some sort of memory write corruption.

So you'll have to do a lot of testing.
I tested my mod packs very thorough, and they work for me and most people, but not for everyone.

Instead of using one single fmp, you can try to use a couple like I did with the first 2 version of the modpacks.
It seems to help.

Also you can include tng's in the fmp's, but the user needs an intact finalalbion.wad, and the tng's need to be inside an fmp of course.

[edit]
Torionel wrote on Sun, 06 June 2010 18:57

- My idea how to give our "addon" to users - it's import all our mods to one game.bin (and give it them)...But when I move game.bin into game without any mods, big part of changes disappear. Maybe it's so because I installed mods by shadownet FE?
This should work, but of course only for stuff that's affected by the game.bin
So no textures, models, text etc. ectc.

Also I wouldn't recommend that method. And we don't allow the described method, just so you know.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2010 12:08]

Re: Need help [message #57528 is a reply to message #57525] Sun, 06 June 2010 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
OldBoy wrote on Sun, 06 June 2010 13:56

It's like with the newitempacks I made, they take forever to load and cause some sort of memory write corruption.
I have a theory on this. The most recent NewItemPack has like four mods in it, right? If anything in the graphics overwrites, it can cause that system.exception error. Overwriting textures, corruption. So... if it were to be carefully repacked into a 2.5.1, it might work just fine.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2010 12:12]

Re: Need help [message #57530 is a reply to message #57525] Sun, 06 June 2010 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torionel
OldBoy wrote on Sun, 06 June 2010 22:56

Also I wouldn't recommend that method. And we don't allow the described method, just so you know.

But how did you made fable conquest? Are there any other ways to pack mods?
Re: Need help [message #57531 is a reply to message #57530] Sun, 06 June 2010 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Torionel wrote on Sun, 06 June 2010 14:28

We didn't. chaos did, and we really didn't like the way that was done. And after it was released, everyone was like awesomesauce until they tried it, they had problems with it (especially people with a different language version of Fable) and they came back here to bitch about it for this whole time.

FMPs, redistributable BIGs, and edited levels files are really all that is allowed to be distributed. This is the right way to do it.
Re: Need help [message #57532 is a reply to message #57528] Sun, 06 June 2010 13:00 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 06 June 2010 21:12

OldBoy wrote on Sun, 06 June 2010 13:56

I have a theory on this. The most recent NewItemPack has like four mods in it, right? If anything in the graphics overwrites, it can cause that system.exception error. Overwriting textures, corruption. So... if it were to be carefully repacked into a 2.5.1, it might work just fine.

You could be right. But you could be wrong. So I'm not gonna do it Wink
Anyway I vaguely remember discussing the problem with Hunter, and he didn't have a clear answer about it either.
I think it has something to do with how FE handles the importing of new entries in general. Cause I've never seen a corrupt texture with the newitempacks.
And the weird thing is; the latest version never gave me an error. And I dare to say that I have loaded it over 20 times at least...
Those itempacks contain a huge amount of entries, I think the problem lies there somewhere.

Torionel wrote on Sun, 06 June 2010 21:28

Thing is that fmp's can work fine, and can contain almost all gamechanges you want.
So why not use it?
You have two option; create a huge fmp by hand, or try the merging - the last option can be done pretty fast.
You only need to supply the tng's separate for the people who have ripped their FinalAlbion.wad
You can include the tng's in the fmp anyway, doesn't matter if the enduser uses the FinalAlbion.wad or not

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2010 13:03]

Previous Topic: decompiled name file
Next Topic: Another Question.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 03:58:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00952 seconds