Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » fireball spell editing, throw chickens/heads
icon5.gif  fireball spell editing, throw chickens/heads [message #57569] Tue, 08 June 2010 10:12 Go to next message
mageboogy is currently offline  mageboogy

i was looking around about fireball spell editing. and there's some shot def's that involve the kicked chickens in town. does this mean i could, in theory, charge my fireball spell, and then release a chicken that explodes on impact ? could i make the explosion bloody ?

would it be just a matter of properly changing out shot defs for the fireball spell, or is there something more to it? i know the chicken longbow exists, but i wanna know if i'm missing a step here.

could i also throw a severed head ? it looks like there's a shot def for that too.

if this is possible, can someone post the walkthru so i don't fudge the numbers and mess up my fable install ? and if it works, how do you make the mod and restore mod for it, so i can go back and forth between standard fireball spell and chicken/head fireballs ?

too bad the NPCs can't call me "chicken thrower"

"But one day, I will return.
And I will wash away all the filth with your blood.
Remember that, Hero."
Re: fireball spell editing, throw chickens/heads [message #57570 is a reply to message #57569] Tue, 08 June 2010 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Just keep a backup of the game.bin and then fearlessly play around with the numbers.
For a start, you might want to change the shot for the fireball to have the same mesh as that of the chicken or head shots.
Re: fireball spell editing, throw chickens/heads [message #57571 is a reply to message #57569] Tue, 08 June 2010 11:18 Go to previous message
mageboogy is currently offline  mageboogy

well, let's see here.
so far, i've switched some data around thru exporting/importing.
i exported the johndoomsday shot data, and the fireball_1 data.
then imported the johndoomsday shot data over the fireball_1.
now i have fireballs that arc up from nowhere (presumably above my head) and explode with screaming souls.
but it's still an orange glowing ball while in-flight. any theories on that ?
i'll try some other shot data imports and get back to you.

edit: sorry, my error. i guess the in-flight johndoomsday shot is a flaming ball.
the johndoe cannon shot flies normally like it does from the gun, though.
it even releases from the hero's hand like it does from the gun. that's pretty nifty. and it insta-kills like the cannon does.

**here's something worth knowing. the entry for "HitThingDamage" is divided by 10, like the melee damages. so entering "MinDamage 10" is equivalent to 100 dmg.

"But one day, I will return.
And I will wash away all the filth with your blood.
Remember that, Hero."

[Updated on: Tue, 08 June 2010 11:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fight Me!
Next Topic: Harbinger..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:12:13 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01443 seconds