Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » This is kinda weird
icon8.gif  This is kinda weird [message #57753] Wed, 16 June 2010 13:16 Go to next message
grovyle
Here's what's happening:

1.-Last time I've been here I have downloaded a TON ( very big TON) of Mods (and I must have to say that on the screenies they were AWESOME), but when I tried to spawn them in a chest (with a BIG (thank you sir JD) help of John Doe scripting and editing guide) and opened it the game DIES Crying or Very Sad

2.- Now, after almost a year, I've come back to Fable modding but I deleted the programs and now freeroam, shadow net, fable explorer and everything else I download (except mods and .bigs... ) comes with no .dll only the file like fable explorer, shadow net,... so I ask you: (please!) Could you update the links of the downloads or give me new ones?

By the way, Very good work so continue! Very Happy
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57754 is a reply to message #57753] Wed, 16 June 2010 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
grovyle wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 15:16

1.-Last time I've been here I have downloaded a TON ( very big TON) of Mods (and I must have to say that on the screenies they were AWESOME), but when I tried to spawn them in a chest (with a BIG (thank you sir JD) help of John Doe scripting and editing guide) and opened it the game DIES Crying or Very Sad
So you made it to the chest and you were able to open it. That means there's a problem with one of the modded items that you were trying to spawn. On a positive note, it means you got the spawning process right.

grovyle wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 15:16

2.- Now, after almost a year, I've come back to Fable modding but I deleted the programs and now freeroam, shadow net, fable explorer and everything else I download (except mods and .bigs... ) comes with no .dll only the file like fable explorer, shadow net,... so I ask you: (please!) Could you update the links of the downloads or give me new ones?
So... you get a plain file with no extension named after the archive it's in? This has been a growing problem lately, but none of the staff can reproduce it and I've personally downloaded these tools, extracted them and used them without incident.

Tell you what, after you download the apps, what do you do to extract them? What do you use?
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57755 is a reply to message #57753] Wed, 16 June 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Well I use winrar and Win7 32 bit

[Updated on: Wed, 16 June 2010 13:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57756 is a reply to message #57755] Wed, 16 June 2010 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Try something else. 7Zip is a good, free, open-source tool. See what you get with that.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57757 is a reply to message #57753] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Same thing Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57758 is a reply to message #57757] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

Can you make screenshots or a video from what you are doing while you are downloading? I'm using windows 7 to but i got all my modding files directly copyed from my old xp using computer (burned them into a CD) so nothing could get lost or will stop working.

Here is option 1: You go and search for a computer with windows xp, like on your school maybe or at grandma's house, you go there and take with you: Memory Stick USB. You download it on that computer and see if you get the .dll then. If you do, you put it on your Memory Stick and go home and put it in your own computer there and see if it works. (it works for me and i think this is the easiest solution for your problem.)

Heres option 2: Make something like a video or alot of screenshots so we can see what actually happens. This is a Easy free program that let you record your screen.

I should go for Option 1, since its alot easyer, and you got more % chance that it will succeed, like 95 %.

This is all i can do for you right now.

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 June 2010 14:28]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57759 is a reply to message #57758] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Forget the video. Take screenshots if you feel that you must, but this problem is not so new that we have no idea what it is. We just don't have a solution except to repackage and reupload the tools off-site, which is something we do not want to do.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57760 is a reply to message #57759] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 23:27

which is something we do not want to do.

Why not, if we give them full credit wont it be okay ?

Or ask BlueTooth/Keshire, since you are locked in his basement, if he's cool with it, im shure everyone is.

and yes, i was kidding JD. Smile

The Gates Are Open:

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57762 is a reply to message #57753] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
I can't take screenshots but I can tell you step by step:

1- Go to the forum's "home"

2- In the Tutorials "page" click on the sticky "New to modding Fable?"

3- Go to modding utilities and for fast example download and extract FreeRoam APP

It's in this part that I have the problem

BTW Thanks in advance.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57763 is a reply to message #57760] Wed, 16 June 2010 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Nosferatu wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 16:32

No, credit is okay when distributing mods. Tools are a different matter. They're our tools, they stay here. Reason: Multiple copies of tools causes problems. It's less of a problem these days as the tools aren't being developed anymore, so for this example I'll use the def.xml. So, someone puts our current FE and def.xml out there, two weeks later the XML gets a vast update, new guides are written for the stuff we found out in the update, someone goes and downloads the old XML, reads the guide, comes back and says that the entries don't work, come up blank, or that they don't see what the guide is talking about.

A fun and real example of this one is Satan's FE installer. It's outdated. Not just the XML but the tool itself. People use it, come back and bitch about how their environments don't work anymore. This is fixed in the new one.
grovyle wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 16:55

3- Go to modding utilities and for fast example download and extract FreeRoam APP

Therein lies the problem at hand, we can't reproduce this error. I download FreeRoam and it works. This is the disconnect. I know what the issue is, other people have come here to tell us about it, but as it's not something we can reproduce, it's difficult for us to do anything about it.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57768 is a reply to message #57763] Wed, 16 June 2010 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 00:58

Nosferatu wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 16:32

No, credit is okay when distributing mods. Tools are a different matter. They're our tools, they stay here. Reason: Multiple copies of tools causes problems. It's less of a problem these days as the tools aren't being developed anymore, so for this example I'll use the def.xml. So, someone puts our current FE and def.xml out there, two weeks later the XML gets a vast update, new guides are written for the stuff we found out in the update, someone goes and downloads the old XML, reads the guide, comes back and says that the entries don't work, come up blank, or that they don't see what the guide is talking about.

A fun and real example of this one is Satan's FE installer. It's outdated. Not just the XML but the tool itself. People use it, come back and bitch about how their environments don't work anymore. This is fixed in the new one.
grovyle wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 16:55

Therein lies the problem at hand, we can't reproduce this error. I download FreeRoam and it works. This is the disconnect. I know what the issue is, other people have come here to tell us about it, but as it's not something we can reproduce, it's difficult for us to do anything about it.

That sounds logical.. but what do you want us to say to those people with this issue ? Live with it ? Don't think its really fair to say: Live with it, some people can, some people cant , if you cant, deal with it, we cannot fix it.

Though its the truth, it sounds harsh. Confused
There must be something we can do.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57769 is a reply to message #57768] Wed, 16 June 2010 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Nosferatu wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 19:36

Well the problem started occurring for people after the server switch. It's not a forum problem or we'd all experience it, so it might be a site problem, or maybe a browser problem...

Okay, I'll bring it up with Pe_Ell and in the meantime, let's rule out browsers. I use FireFox and everything works fine for me.

If anyone uses Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, something else, try your luck and tell us what's up. If it's a browser issue, it's still a site issue.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57770 is a reply to message #57769] Wed, 16 June 2010 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 02:51

Nosferatu wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 19:36

Well the problem started occurring for people after the server switch. It's not a forum problem or we'd all experience it, so it might be a site problem, or maybe a browser problem...

Okay, I'll bring it up with Pe_Ell and in the meantime, let's rule out browsers. I use FireFox and everything works fine for me.

If anyone uses Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, something else, try your luck and tell us what's up. If it's a browser issue, it's still a site issue.

Im able to run tests on Mozilla, Opera, Avant, Safari, Internet explorer and Chrome.

all i need is a test opject.

im going to use FE.

Ill probable do it in a few days, pretty busy with school and such.

Mozilla Firefox : Tested & Good.

The Gates Are Open:

[Updated on: Wed, 16 June 2010 18:12]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57772 is a reply to message #57770] Thu, 17 June 2010 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

I'm on Windows 7 64bit, although that doesn't have to do anything with the problem I suppose.
Oh and I use 7zip, but that doesn't matter either, any program will do.
The porblem lies with the browser.

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600 fails the download correctly.

Firefox 3.6.3 downloads correct.
Opera 10.53 works fine as well.
Chrome 5.0.375.70 does the job too.

So there you have it.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2010 00:45]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57773 is a reply to message #57772] Thu, 17 June 2010 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

and No problems with Safari 5.

The Gates Are Open:

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2010 01:17]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57774 is a reply to message #57772] Thu, 17 June 2010 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quicksilver is currently offline  quicksilver
OldBoy wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 09:42

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600 fails the download correctly.
So there you have it.

I'll say. As usual, Microsoft messed up.

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57777 is a reply to message #57774] Thu, 17 June 2010 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Ok Thank you this is indeed a strange problem and now I'm remembering that I used Chrome to download it so thanks

BTW I'm portuguese so i needed to go to bed yesterday because it was midnight when i got out so sorry
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57778 is a reply to message #57777] Thu, 17 June 2010 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

grovyle wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 14:54

BTW I'm Portuguese so i needed to go to bed yesterday because it was midnight when i got out so sorry

No need to apologize, this is not a chat site, its a forum, all you have to do is come on time to time to check for updates, if you wanna browse on this site the whole day, be my guest.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57779 is a reply to message #57753] Thu, 17 June 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
I tried with MF and it worked thank you!
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57786 is a reply to message #57753] Thu, 17 June 2010 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
grovyle wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 13:16

OMG it happened again! I'm crazy!!!!!! I'm insane!!! What can I do?!
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57788 is a reply to message #57786] Thu, 17 June 2010 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

grovyle wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 18:44

grovyle wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 13:16

OMG it happened again! I'm crazy!!!!!! I'm insane!!! What can I do?!

Reinstall the Data Folder from your disc, try again.

You learn from failing and resuming.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57789 is a reply to message #57753] Thu, 17 June 2010 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
But it's the second time!!! Shocked

What could have gone wrong now?

And why do I have to reinstall the whole data folder? Can't I just replace FinalAlbion.wad with my backup of it?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2010 09:53]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57792 is a reply to message #57789] Thu, 17 June 2010 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

grovyle wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 18:51

What could have gone wrong now?

Probably the same thing that happened before.
Since that is what you said in your earlier post.
grovyle wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 18:44

see ?

grovyle wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 18:51

And why do I have to reinstall the whole data folder? Can't I just replace FinalAlbion.wad with my backup of it?

You can.

The Gates Are Open:

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2010 11:05]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57802 is a reply to message #57753] Thu, 17 June 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Look I know that there are many guides to spawn chests with mods but can you give me step by step directions to that? (none have helped me)
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57803 is a reply to message #57802] Thu, 17 June 2010 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
grovyle wrote on Thu, 17 June 2010 15:51

Look I know that there are many guides to spawn chests with mods but can you give me step by step directions to that? (none have helped me)
Considering that the guides we have are step-by-step directions, I guess we can't help you either.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57804 is a reply to message #57753] Thu, 17 June 2010 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Okay Sad
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57817 is a reply to message #57753] Thu, 17 June 2010 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quicksilver is currently offline  quicksilver
You can try using the ShopTrainer to buy the item you want. If you can, buy from wandering traders in Darkwood because the trainer permanently edits the traders inventory and the wandering traders are pretty much random. That is if you wish to keep the inventories of other traders clean of any mods.

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57822 is a reply to message #57753] Fri, 18 June 2010 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Look one thing, could I buy a mod?

Atempt failed. Game crashed. Damnit

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2010 13:04] by Moderator

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57824 is a reply to message #57753] Fri, 18 June 2010 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

grovyle wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 21:09

grovyle wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 21:28

Atempt failed. Game crashed. Damnit

Don't double post. There's an edit button underneath every post you make.

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2010 13:04]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57827 is a reply to message #57822] Fri, 18 June 2010 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
grovyle wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 14:09

No. Everything here is provided free of charge and that's the way we'll be keeping it.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57830 is a reply to message #57827] Fri, 18 June 2010 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 00:57

grovyle wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 14:09

No. Everything here is provided free of charge and that's the way we'll be keeping it.

I had the same thought, but he refers to this:
quicksilver wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 08:31

You can try using the ShopTrainer to buy the item you want. If you can, buy from wandering traders in Darkwood because the trainer permanently edits the traders inventory and the wandering traders are pretty much random. That is if you wish to keep the inventories of other traders clean of any mods.

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2010 22:09]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57831 is a reply to message #57753] Sat, 19 June 2010 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Exactly

EDIT: Look at the script

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 78932678907893657891;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 16.000000;
PositionY 124.000000;
PositionZ 26.5;
RHSetForwardX 0.000000;
RHSetForwardY 1.000000;
RHSetForwardZ 0.000000;
RHSetUpX 0.000000;
RHSetUpY 0.000000;
RHSetUpZ 1.000000;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_ADRAHCOUL'S_FANG";
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_MARCOPOLO_NERVESHATTER_ICE";
ContainerContents[2] "OBJECT_HERO_BANDIT_HAMMER";
ContainerContents[3] "OBJECT_BLOOD_SWORD";
ContainerContents[4] "OBJECT_LEGENDARY_ARQEBUS";
ContainerContents[5] "OBJECT_UNNATURAL_PUMPCROSSBOW_BOLDERDASH";
ContainerContents[6] "OBJECT_BUSTER_BLADE";
ContainerContents[7] "OBJECT_CHAOS_AXE_M1";
ContainerContents[8] "OBJECT_CHAOS_SWORD_M";
ContainerContents[9] "OBJECT_DAWNFANG_01";
ContainerContents[10] "OBJECT_DUSKFANG_01";
ContainerContents[11] "OBJECT_FIERCE_DEITY_SWORD";
ContainerContents[12] "OBJECT_FIREWORKS_LONGBOW";
ContainerContents[13] "OBJECT_GLOW_SWORD";
ContainerContents[14] "OBJECT_DISEASED_RIPSWORD";
ContainerContents[15] "DOOM KATANA";
ContainerContents[16] "OBJECT_GUILDMASTERS_MACE";
ContainerContents[17] "OBJECT_UNNATURAL_PUMPCROSSBOW_FIREBALL_LEVEL4";
ContainerContents[18] "OBJECT_UNNATURAL_PUMPCROSSBOW_MINION";
ContainerContents[19] "OBJECT_JOHNDOE_CANNON";
ContainerContents[20] "OBJECT_JOHNDOOMSDAY";
ContainerContents[21] "OBJECT_KESHIRE_SICKLE";
ContainerContents[22] "OBJECT_MARC_KATANA";
ContainerContents[23] "OBJECT_UNNATURAL_PUMPCROSSBOW_MINIONPOWER";
ContainerContents[24] "OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_NECROMANCER";
ContainerContents[25] "SAWTOOTH_GREATSWORD";
ContainerContents[26] "OBJECT_GRAVITY_HAMMER";
ContainerContents[27] "OBJECT_PACMAN_PA_CROSSBOW";
ContainerContents[28] "OBJECT_EVIL_POTION";
ContainerContents[29] "OBJECT_GOOD_POTION";
ContainerContents[30] "OBJECT_HYPNOSIS_POTION";
ContainerContents[31] "OBJECT_RANGER_AXE";
ContainerContents[32] "OBJECT_RANGER_LONGBOW";
ContainerContents[33] "OBJECT_UNNATURAL_PUMPCROSSBOW_GUARD_LEVEL3";
ContainerContents[34] "OBJECT_RENJI_BLADE";
ContainerContents[35] "OBJECT_SKULLBASHER";
ContainerContents[36] "OBJECT_SOUL_REAVER";
ContainerContents[37] "OBJECT_SUMMONER_GREATSWORD";
ContainerContents[38] "SWORD_OF_AGES";
ContainerContents[39] "OBJECT_SWORD_OF_THE_DEAD";
ContainerContents[40] "OBJECT_XENOME_SWORD";
ContainerContents[41] "OBJECT_THE_RED_DEATH";
ContainerContents[42] "OBJECT_BANDITKING_SWORD_FOR_HERO";
ContainerContents[43] "OBJECT_WEDDING_RING";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

I even putted the wedding ring for the game doesn't crash but it crashed anyway. Oh and yes, those mods are all in Shadow Net

EDIT 2: I think I have found the problem:

ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

It's duplicated. Now I'm gonna try it this way:

ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

Edit 3: It appeared the chest now but game crashed. Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

Edit 4: Better now?

Edit 5: Not even with the guide of Vista users I've done it! What's happening with the mods?

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 12:20]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57832 is a reply to message #57831] Sat, 19 June 2010 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 12:15]

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57835 is a reply to message #57824] Sat, 19 June 2010 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And again.

OldBoy wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 22:03

Don't double post. There's an edit button underneath every post you make.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: This is kinda weird [message #57836 is a reply to message #57753] Sat, 19 June 2010 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
Look, I supposed that you would help me not complaint me.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57839 is a reply to message #57836] Sat, 19 June 2010 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JWDragair is currently offline  JWDragair
Look, it looks to me like you just have too many mods in your game. I would replace your modded files with your backups (which you should have made before doing any modding) and pick only your favorites.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, so if it still doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57840 is a reply to message #57839] Sat, 19 June 2010 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
[quote title=JWDragair wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 20:35]I would replace your modded files with your backups [quote]

When I use backups the mods are still there.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57841 is a reply to message #57840] Sat, 19 June 2010 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

grovyle wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 21:14

Look, I supposed that you would help me not complaint me.

He has a point.
We provide knowledge, mods and a community, all we ask is to keep to the rules.
It's not that hard.

JWDragair wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 21:35

Look, it looks to me like you just have too many mods in your game. I would replace your modded files with your backups (which you should have made before doing any modding) and pick only your favorites.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, so if it still doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you

He has a point as well.
When using a lot of mods, you should be careful when doing so.
You can't be sure all mods are tested properly.
Hence it's good to not load or spawn them in one instance.
Better spread them over several chests, so it's easier to find errors when they occur.

grovyle wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 21:45

JWDragair wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 20:35

I would replace your modded files with your backups

When I use backups the mods are still there.

This doesn't make sense.

this is not an exit.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57853 is a reply to message #57841] Sat, 19 June 2010 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
OldBoy wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 16:45

This doesn't make sense.
But it does. I'm willing to bet that our young friend here is on Vista or Windows 7 and wasn't running as administrator, and so has a virtual store full of modded files and an install directory full of original files.

Delete the virtual store, save the world.
Oh, and run as administrator from now on.
Re: This is kinda weird [message #57871 is a reply to message #57753] Sun, 20 June 2010 05:13 Go to previous message
grovyle
Thanks

BTW Is the script OK?

Edit: Does that mean that if I run as an administrator I can put the mods to work?

Edit2: Yeah, another problem: when I deleted everything on VirtualStore about Fable - TLC, and runned shadow net as an admistrator, I changed guildexterior.tng to have a chest with Marcopolo's Avalance (OBJECT_MARCOPOLO_NERVESHATTER_ICE) and a wedding ring (just for sure). I click Save Mods and Run Fable and it appears an error saying: "ERROR: Could not find Library" and it has a "OK" button and a "Cancel" one. If I click "OK" it continues appearing; if I click "Cancel" it closes the message and Fable doesn't start. Any help?

Edit3: You know, I LOVE making edits. Razz

Edit4: Come on, I really need help! HELP ME! Please! I'm begging you!

Update: OK this time I beated my record of stupidity, for the error of the library: This time I... um... OK I ADMIT IT! I forgot to put the CD of Fable in my PC! Embarassed I laughed (spelled right?) 10 MINUTES when I discovered this. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Update2: Now I can mod Fable! I've switched to XP and I tried a mod and it worked!

Update3: Yeah I was having fun with the new items BUT something has to ruin my day so well it happened again. I was opening the chest and it crashed. Bad luck... Crying or Very Sad. The mods where:

1.- The Unnatural pumpcrossbow Bolderdash

2.- The Duskfang sword ( I have two chests with this weapon but I guess its alright ) WAIT A MINUTE! I have one chest with DUSKFANG and another with DAWNFANG! When I open the Dawnfang one it says Duskfang and I receive Duskfang! Strange!

3.- I'm not sure if it is The Unnatural Pumpcrossbow Minion Power or The Unnatural Pumpcrossbow Jack's Minions

4.- The Sawtooth Greatsword - This is the problem

5.- The Gravity Hammer

Forget it I figured it out by myself: I can only have 5 modded items in the chest or my game will crash.

Another thing:
1.-Could you check this script for me? The chest doesn't appear:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 78932678907893657881;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 18.000000;
PositionY 123.000000;
PositionZ 26.5;
RHSetForwardX 0.000000;
RHSetForwardY 1.000000;
RHSetForwardZ 0.000000;
RHSetUpX 0.000000;
RHSetUpY 0.000000;
RHSetUpZ 1.000000;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_HERO_BANDIT_HAMMER";
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_XENOME_SWORD";
ContainerContents[2] "SWORD_OF_AGES";
ContainerContents[3] "OBJECT_WARLORD_POLEARM";
ContainerContents[4] "OBJECT_SUMMONER_GREATSWORD";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

2.- What are the Fresco Domes?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2010 05:48]

Previous Topic: exp pedestal trouble
Next Topic: THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:33:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02109 seconds