Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to.
My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57842] Sat, 19 June 2010 15:45 Go to next message
Mattius is currently offline  Mattius
This is my idea:

Years after the defeat of Jack of Blades, our hero finds himself once again needed by the people of Albion. Pirates, lead by the infamous Fiend of the Sea, Iron Tooth the Scurvy, have besieged and captured Hook Coast.

As this would seem a simple case of classic "Bandit-Be-Gone" Hero tactics, they are outnumbered and holed up in an aquatic steel war machine, lovingly dubbed "Darla."

Will you infiltrate the Pirate ranks and topple this threat, or will you rise to power as a Pirate king, and rule as tyrant of the seas?

OKAY!

My idea is, that through a quest, you have to gain a Pirate's uniform, and take a dingy to the anchored "Darla" in the Hook Coast bay. Then, while there, it's a game of covert ops to slowly unravel the rope that holds a noose on Hook Coast.

As far as new content, I'm guessing some new tats, some new beards and hairstyles, and of course, new clothing. Weapons aren't necessary, but could be a plus. (Although, if somehow, a flintlock pistol could be in place, THAT WOULD BE SICK!)

I also thinking, while in your quest to sabotage "Darla", you find a map to the Fountain of Youth, which will restore your youthful vigor; as well as other Easter eggs for your character to stumble/or not to stumble across.

"Who parked their car on my sandwich!?"
- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57843 is a reply to message #57842] Sat, 19 June 2010 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Ok this could all be possible, but it would require an excellent level editor, and of course only existing areas could be edited. Not to mention you'd need to edit an existing quest. Maybe that snow troll attack thing you see all nullified when you take the wasp queen quest. Though that may just be filler to show you what could be later on. But all in all in all I think this is an excellent idea. If someone good enough at modding fable were to do this, I'd be all too happy. Surprised

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57844 is a reply to message #57842] Sat, 19 June 2010 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

i love the idea!

asmcint wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 01:05

Ok this could all be possible

new beards and hairstyles are not possible.

i mean, i like the idea but it would be a very very big project and its very hard.

Making the new armors, putting them on bandits, same thing for the pistol and cutlass, making a whole new quest, putting those new bandits (pirates) in hook coast without the other bandits (regular bandits like in twinblades camp) being changed and that fountain of youth, im not even sure if we are able to do this all, since allot of great modders left us.

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 16:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57845 is a reply to message #57844] Sat, 19 June 2010 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have seen new hairstyles and beards around here somewhere, I forget where however. Albeit they were edited but still new nonetheless. And the pistol I overlooked. There is next to none possibility for that. And as for the fountain of youth, I think that could be done through a cutscene that edits the CAppearanceModifierDef. A cutscene may not be able to edit that though.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57847 is a reply to message #57845] Sat, 19 June 2010 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

asmcint wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 01:14

I have seen new hairstyles and beards around here somewhere, I forget where however. Albeit they were edited but still new nonetheless. And the pistol I overlooked. There is next to none possibility for that. And as for the fountain of youth, I think that could be done through a cut scene that edits the CAppearanceModifierDef. A cut scene may not be able to edit that though.

i looked it up, and well..
New Hairstyle: Yes, but dynamic stuff isn't possible, and since hair is dynamic it will look stupid probably.
Pistol: its definitely possible, only problem is that you will still hear the bowstring sound and it will still shoot arrows.
a new arrow mesh and a new sound would be the solution but no one knows how to fix that sound problem and i haven't seen a new arrow anywhere.

EDIT: Johndoe made a gun once, and he made bullets (sort off).

The Gates Are Open:

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 16:32]

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57848 is a reply to message #57847] Sat, 19 June 2010 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actually there has been a new arrow. The slim jim longbow's arrow to be precise. And as for the ridding of the bowstring sound, I don't know HOW it could be done, but the repeater crossbows don't have ANY sound. So maybe something in there could get rid of that at least.

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57849 is a reply to message #57848] Sat, 19 June 2010 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

asmcint wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 01:36

but the repeater crossbows don't have ANY sound. So maybe something in there could get rid of that at least.

Are you shure? im going to restore my backup files, then look it up for shure.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57850 is a reply to message #57849] Sat, 19 June 2010 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm positive that they don't have sound. no string no "KTCHOO" arrow sound, Nada. Heck for some reason those things have infinite range and perfect accuracy!

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 17:08]

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57851 is a reply to message #57850] Sat, 19 June 2010 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

asmcint wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 02:07

for some reason

Reason: They never finished it and thats why they didnt put it in the game.

Well this is a thing to know and its a good progress on making a gun, we can even change the mesh of the repeater xbow and make bullets and we are done :'D

but it will always be a rifle, since it would look stupid to hold a pistol the way you will hold a xbow.

The Gates Are Open:

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57852 is a reply to message #57851] Sat, 19 June 2010 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That is true. =/

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57857 is a reply to message #57842] Sat, 19 June 2010 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I believe knowledge is free, so if anyone wishes to use this idea, pick it up and run with it, than do so freely, just make sure to credit me for the basis, which I'm sure most of you would do out of courtesy anyway.

This is a small modding community, so I say share and share alike, and by what I've seen, that was like that before I said it Razz

I'm just a brain-stormer, so you'll probably see a lot more posts like this in the future. I love feedback, it's so feedback-y XD

- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57858 is a reply to message #57857] Sat, 19 June 2010 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mattius wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 03:57

I'm just a brain-stormer

We need people like you, got any friends?

The Gates Are Open:

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 19:24]

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57859 is a reply to message #57842] Sat, 19 June 2010 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha! Yeh, a few, but they don't usually use the internet for much else than game review videos and music downloads Razz It's a pity XD

- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57860 is a reply to message #57859] Sat, 19 June 2010 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, then lets pray on our knee's you will be here for a long time Laughing .

The Gates Are Open:

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57861 is a reply to message #57842] Sat, 19 June 2010 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay! Will do Smile In fact I have a new idea right now Razz NEW POST -- AWAY!!

- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57866 is a reply to message #57842] Sat, 19 June 2010 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Mattius wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 17:45

through a quest
No new quests.

take a dingy to the anchored "Darla" in the Hook Coast bay. Then, while there, it's a game of covert ops to slowly unravel the rope that holds a noose on Hook Coast.
No. The ship would have to be a teleporter, no sailing the high seas. And what you're calling for is an objective-driven quest and we can't do that.

flintlock pistol
We could, just wouldn't look right.

I also thinking, while in your quest to sabotage "Darla", you find a map to the Fountain of Youth, which will restore your youthful vigor

The only thing that can reverse aging is a quest, or possibly a cutscene. We can't do quests, we can't add new cutscenes.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57902 is a reply to message #57866] Mon, 21 June 2010 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
um JohnDoe, couldnt the temple of light scripts/whateverthehelltheyare be copied and modified to reverse aging?

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #57934 is a reply to message #57902] Tue, 22 June 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
charrzarr wrote on Mon, 21 June 2010 23:10

um JohnDoe, couldnt the temple of light scripts/whateverthehelltheyare be copied and modified to reverse aging?
Um charrzarr, not the core quest scripts.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58300 is a reply to message #57842] Tue, 06 July 2010 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Bows and Crossbows are different weapon types I believe. Hence the sounds. You'd need to follow the trail backwards to the sound banks.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58356 is a reply to message #57843] Thu, 08 July 2010 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TH3 F4LL3N ANG3L is currently offline  TH3 F4LL3N ANG3L

Hmm i've always wondered about that quest an the other one that appears, I always manage to get my renown high enough as soon as i leave the guild (because i'm obsessed with completing everything i can before questing) to take the quest, but then it disappears, is it actually possible to take those quests? Very Happy
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58357 is a reply to message #58356] Thu, 08 July 2010 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
TH3 F4LL3N ANG3L wrote on Thu, 08 July 2010 07:22

is it actually possible to take those quests? Very Happy

No. Their fake quests meant to make the other Hero's look like productive members of society.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58358 is a reply to message #58357] Thu, 08 July 2010 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So they're just quest dummies with names and info put on the map table with no purpose?

Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58361 is a reply to message #58358] Thu, 08 July 2010 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
asmcint wrote on Thu, 08 July 2010 08:30

So they're just quest dummies with names and info put on the map table with no purpose?

Exactly. Conveniently put just out of your reach.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58364 is a reply to message #58361] Thu, 08 July 2010 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Through cheating, one can get enough renown to accept the quest, but nothing happens.

Also, in doing this, the menu doesn't boot the player out of the quest select screen as it usually does when there's no more quests, I know that means something and I used to have a theory on it but can't seem to remember at the moment.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58366 is a reply to message #58364] Thu, 08 July 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Stranger wrote on Thu, 08 July 2010 11:56

Through cheating, one can get enough renown to accept the quest, but nothing happens.

Also, in doing this, the menu doesn't boot the player out of the quest select screen as it usually does when there's no more quests, I know that means something and I used to have a theory on it but can't seem to remember at the moment.

Probably because you may sitting in a different quest menu. I'm sure there's a byte in the Definition that controls kicking you out when it's empty.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to. [message #58373 is a reply to message #58364] Thu, 08 July 2010 14:11 Go to previous message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
Stranger wrote on Thu, 08 July 2010 12:56

Through cheating, one can get enough renown to accept the quest
You do not have to cheat...i just wish we could edit them and make them real...

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Previous Topic: First mod plan: Firearms
Next Topic: help with applying a mod?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:42:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01117 seconds