Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » *EDIT* Festivals?
*EDIT* Festivals? [message #57862] Sat, 19 June 2010 19:53 Go to next message
Mattius is currently offline  Mattius
Alright, here is round two!

I've been reading up, and I see that it is possible to add NPCs and control their actions! Okay, now this idea is not as grandiose and is rather small, I like it!

HOLIDAYS!

Yes! Holidays!

Holidays such as All Heroes Eve (LAWL)

Seriously though, I think this would be a fun time to try some stuff like implementing custom mini-games, maybe a drinking contest, or a race around a town or city! Discounted prices, clapping and celebrating NPCs in the streets, festive music in the air!

I just think that maybe even a Hero should get to P-A-R-T-Why? Because he's gotta! XD Just a fun little idea. Let me know what you think!

"Who parked their car on my sandwich!?"
- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 19:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: *EDIT* Festivals? [message #57863 is a reply to message #57862] Sat, 19 June 2010 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

Seems possible.

We can make a sign that we can activate so a cut-scene pops up and lets the holiday start.

it would still be hard.

We have the clapping villagers. ( The one that will be clapping for you when you meet maze after that beetle quest. )
We have the race. (in the jail, we have to find a way how to move that to somewhere like oakvale.)

custom mini-games is going to be hard, but we still got the coin-golf table, chicken kicking etc, we can probably make the chicken kicking thing to go open when the event start.
Discounted prices are not needed, we are modders, we have a unlimited amount of money.

Seems cool but again, allot of work Wink

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 20:09]

Re: *EDIT* Festivals? [message #57864 is a reply to message #57863] Sat, 19 June 2010 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
No. We can't do any of that.
Minigames depend on their own definitions and we can't create new custom definitions for new custom minigames.
The only "date" system used is that for the ships. CShipDef determines when ships appear on the docks, other than that there is no way to make anything happen for a specific day.
The race is tied in with the prison quest, it relies on core quest scripts which we cannot access.
Re: *EDIT* Festivals? [message #57865 is a reply to message #57862] Sat, 19 June 2010 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still brainstorming some things that aren't so difficult, but will still add a new dynamic feel to the game.

To give me an idea rate the difficulty (1 out of 10) of the following:

- Adding Custom:
- Items (Consumables, Weapons, etc.)
- NPCs
- Environmental Objects
- Chests

- Spawning Enemies
- Spawning Guards

- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb
Re: *EDIT* Festivals? [message #57867 is a reply to message #57865] Sat, 19 June 2010 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nosferatu is currently offline  Nosferatu

- Adding Custom:
- Items (Consumables, Weapons, etc.) - different numbers.. but all higher then a 6.. making new items is hard.

- NPCs - No idea.

- Environmental Objects - due my lack of english i do not know what you mean with this.

- Chests - 2

- Spawning Enemies - 5 (both able to do in AlbionExplorer.)

- Spawning Guards - 5 (both able to do in AlbionExplorer.)

Pain, Anger, Hate, Fear, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Hell.

The Gates Are Open:

Gate 1: Darkness, The World Of Demons.
Gate 2: My Gaurds Are Watching You.
Gate 3: Only Evils Lives Here.
Gate 4: There's No Way Out.
Gate 5: Feel The Fire.
Gate 6: Pick Up Your Weapons And Fight.
Re: *EDIT* Festivals? [message #57880 is a reply to message #57867] Sun, 20 June 2010 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
Nosferatu wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 23:42

- Environmental Objects - due my lack of english i do not know what you mean with this.

I thnk he/she means trees, rocks, fences, lampposts and the like which i believe can be done with Albion Explorer and also with simple notepad is u feel up to alot of trial and error(i KNOW notepad works for lamps because i have used it to put lamps along the path to a custom, trader)

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 June 2010 13:24]

Re: *EDIT* Festivals? [message #57891 is a reply to message #57862] Sun, 20 June 2010 17:30 Go to previous message
Yeh, that's exactly what I meant. One obstacle I want to get over is Quests... You can't append quests according to John, which is frustrating...

- asdfmovie2 by CakeBomb
Previous Topic: THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding!
Next Topic: Problem has been resolved.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:20:53 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01434 seconds