Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding!
THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding! [message #57869] Sun, 20 June 2010 03:06 Go to next message
Xx Ultima xX is currently offline  Xx Ultima xX
Ok, now you all know that modding on Vista or Windows 7 can be a BITCH! Always having a mind of its own and such. Well I know a way to bypass it and NO this has nothing to do with deleting files from virtual store, since it won't have a chance to do that shit, also you will not have to take ownership of your files!

Please note that this requires 2 computers, one with Vista/Win7 and one with windows XP

Step one: With your Vista/Win7 (gay modding computer), DELETE EVERYTHING FABLE RELATED NAO! Yup everything INCLUDING FABLE EXPLORER AND ANY FABLE RELATED HACKS CHEATS AND ANY FABLE FOLDERS! Just completely kill fable from your computer.

Step two: On your olden XP (awesome modding computer) Have a fresh install of Fable TLC and any hacks, cheats, files and modding tools here. Note: This will be your modding PC

Step three: Back to your Vista/Win7 computer, freshly install fable WITHOUT ANY GOD DAMN H4X0RZ OR ANY MODDING TOOLS so it's as if you just bought it from the supermarket.

Step four: Now we can actually start modding. Now comes the part where I have to explain without sounding like a complete idiot. If you want to custom mod yourself, go to your olden computer (winXP) and use Fable Explorer or ShadowNet (I use ShadnowNet and you will too eventually) and mod whatever. Once you're finished saving mods, copy all of your game.bin, script.bin files etc and paste them into your USB stick!

Step five: Now transfer your files (using your USB stick) from your old XP but awesome modding computer too your sparkling new and awsome but gay modding computer and replace ALL of your game.bin, script.bin files etc with your modded ones (MAKE A GOD DAMN BACKUP FIRST!!).

Note: If you wish to mod using an FMP file, then you must first go back to your old computer and load the FMP package (save mods and run fable) then just copy all the modded files then transfer using USB stick and replace the old files with the new modded files on your new PC.

Step six: Once you replaced the files, your game should be modded. Go start a new game and see if all the mods work (They should).

CONGRATULATIONS! You have owned Microsoft Windows Vista/Win7 and are now back to fable modding!

Time for the FAGs! *ahem* I mean FAQs!

Why should I follow this guide.

Well this is basically for noobs who suck at modding and have rage quitted for 2 months because Vista/Win7 sucks balls. (Me)

So... Why should I go to all the trouble to transfer all the files from the old computer to the new computer, when I can just delete all the files from virtual store and I'll be sweet.

Well deleting files from the virtual store would probably work but for me it sorta has a mind of it's own, like one time I had a sweet modded fable but then the other time I was all wrinkly like a prune and I was like wtf? I checked all the mods and they were fine, I ended up having to use Fable Explorer just so I can play Fable (the modded way).

4M6Z0RZ D1S GU1D3 STUFF3D UP M4H G4M3Z0RZ S0M1 H3LPZ0RZ!

Get out, read a guide, I'm not responsible for any game crashes, glitches, fuck ups etc, since this guide works flawlessly (for me).

Still dosn't work.

Sorry, but if this doesn't work then nothing will Razz

-End-
Re: THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding! [message #57879 is a reply to message #57869] Sun, 20 June 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
Fables EULA States that u may not install fable on multiple computers so doing so violates copyright laws and in that is a form a pirating(a loose form but still it is) and pirating is a nono especially on this site...if im wrong there and sum1 can prove im wrong i will retract this statement but im pretty sure im right

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding! [message #57885 is a reply to message #57869] Sun, 20 June 2010 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xx Ultima xX is currently offline  Xx Ultima xX
Excuse me? What do you mean you can't install it on multiple computers? Im pretty sure you can as long as they both belong to you...

Also what if one of my computer crashes? Does Microsoft just expect me to buy ANOTHER 50$ Fable TLC game just to play it while i have a perfectly good copy that's already bought and ready to download....

I think you got it wrong there.
Re: THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding! [message #57886 is a reply to message #57885] Sun, 20 June 2010 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
charrzarr wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 15:14

Fables EULA States that u may not install fable on multiple computers so doing so violates copyright laws and in that is a form a pirating(a loose form but still it is) and pirating is a nono especially on this site...if im wrong there and sum1 can prove im wrong i will retract this statement but im pretty sure im right
Read the EULA again. You're allowed to have it on a second device provided that it's a portable device.
Xx Ultima xX wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 17:13

Excuse me? What do you mean you can't install it on multiple computers? Im pretty sure you can as long as they both belong to you...

Also what if one of my computer crashes? Does Microsoft just expect me to buy ANOTHER 50$ Fable TLC game just to play it while i have a perfectly good copy that's already bought and ready to download....

I think you got it wrong there.
If by crash you mean a computer failure of the sort that doesn't allow you to use the installed software ever again. Such an event would consitute uninstalling the software and so doesn't count as an installed instance of the software.

Now both of you drop this point of discussion.
Re: THE Answer to Vista/Win7 modding! [message #57889 is a reply to message #57869] Sun, 20 June 2010 15:49 Go to previous message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
SIR YES SIR!!!
{EDIT}
I hope that didnt seem smart-A**-ish to anyone...I am sorry if i started what turned into an argument

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 June 2010 15:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: This is kinda weird
Next Topic: *EDIT* Festivals?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:00:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01343 seconds