Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » First mod plan: Firearms
First mod plan: Firearms [message #57915] Tue, 22 June 2010 13:55 Go to next message
akoshun is currently offline  akoshun
Hey guys, that's it: my first post here. Let me introduce myself first, then let's go into the mod's description.
Okay, that's me, AkosHUN, but if you are lazy call me "come here" or simply akoshun. And yeah, before asking I am Hungarian, so I say sorry here for my bit-bad English. I'm new to modding Fable, so that will be a slow progress. But I have an idea. (Yeah, the mod part comes in.)
So, that will be my first mod ever. I mean I haven't make any mod at all before. I know, I will sweat blood, but I will do my best to complete the mod. Okay, that intro was long. Let's get started: My plan is to make guns in Fable. I know some people will hate that idea, and I'd like to add it here: I had no better idea. The main reason is that crossbows were... boring, and I try to improve the technology. Not so badly, only guns. My first decision about that mod was to import gun meshes from WoW. That idea had a... small mistake: I don't own WoW. Okay, that idea failed epicly. The next idea was to download meshes. Failed again. I had a brilliant idea: I will make my own meshes and textures. The point is that I will work on that little project, and I will update this post at every milestone/checkpoint. That's all for now, see you later!

News

[Updated on: Wed, 23 June 2010 13:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57919 is a reply to message #57915] Tue, 22 June 2010 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Glad to hear you're taking up your first project. Hopefully you'll succeed where many failed or just didn't release. Frankly I like the idea of having a simple blunderbuss or musketoon to replace crossbows. In fact if you want instead of you making meshes, I can rip some from my copy of WoW for ya.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57921 is a reply to message #57919] Tue, 22 June 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xx Ultima xX is currently offline  Xx Ultima xX
JohnDoe made a gun, try asking- I mean don't ask him *pants*

Good luck.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57923 is a reply to message #57921] Tue, 22 June 2010 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Yes he did but he didn't release it because he doesn't like releasing stuff that "doesn't fit into fable". unless of course you mean the johndoe cannon or the johndoomsday.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 June 2010 15:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57925 is a reply to message #57919] Tue, 22 June 2010 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint: First of all thanks for these nice words, and if you really could rip some WoW guns, that would be very good! If you could rip guns smiliar to this, I'd be very thankful, so please if you could rip it... Smile

Xx Ultima xX: Yeah, I saw his gun, very simple, but still amazing! unfortunately I didn't find a download for that. And thanks for the good luck, I'll need it badly.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57927 is a reply to message #57925] Tue, 22 June 2010 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Here is a gun new members may not know about. I made the thread, not the gun.

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6798& ;start=0&

Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57928 is a reply to message #57927] Tue, 22 June 2010 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 wrote on Tue, 22 June 2010 15:20

Here is a gun new members may not know about. I made the thread, not the gun.

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6798& ;amp ;start=0&

Thanks, looks good.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57935 is a reply to message #57928] Tue, 22 June 2010 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Aye, the Arquebus is a damn fine mod. I've tried to come up with things better than that, but I have consistently failed.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57943 is a reply to message #57935] Wed, 23 June 2010 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
yeah the Arquebus looks cool but not so much a gun as a cluster of half-assed fireworks u hold in your hand and hope doesnt blow u up...it looks cool and seems poweful but im constantly blowing myself away with the Arquebus...IDEA new shot for the arquebus...ok but back to the useful stuff> I could help with the modeling and texturing of a gun but u will need to find someone willing to rig it(from a blender model) for fable

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57946 is a reply to message #57943] Wed, 23 June 2010 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr wrote on Wed, 23 June 2010 01:13

yeah the Arquebus looks cool but not so much a gun as a cluster of half-assed fireworks u hold in your hand and hope doesnt blow u up...it looks cool and seems poweful but im constantly blowing myself away with the Arquebus...IDEA new shot for the arquebus...ok but back to the useful stuff> I could help with the modeling and texturing of a gun but u will need to find someone willing to rig it(from a blender model) for fable

Is this gun that bad? Very Happy But if you mean the blender thing to convert .3ds to .x it's nothing, I can do that. Also I can import that file into FE, so another easy stuff. I'd say thank you if you help me, but I try to make it on my own, but a small help would be very useful. Smile
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57952 is a reply to message #57946] Wed, 23 June 2010 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
The thing with the Arquebus is that it launches a large wave of explosive magic that was originally launched by Jack of Blades in the guild battle with him. The wave is very wide and all one shot so if u are say to close to a wall when firing it will explode in your face. but yeah i would be glad to help with texturing and even modeling just pm me if u need me

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57954 is a reply to message #57952] Wed, 23 June 2010 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first question pack is about ammo. The questions are about modeling. So: What is the OBJECT_... name for the... Let's say Oak Crossbow Bolt? OBJECT_OAK_BOLT because I doubt it. My second question: How do I give a trial for it? Like a fire after it, or just simple trials.

By the way texturing is OK for me, at least retexturing things, but I think I will figure this out too at least with help.

The progress goes okay, now I have a few drawings about these rifles. All of them are WoW-like ones (My favorite WoW gun what is linked above). The point is that I will never get bored as long as I am doing this. I like this feeling: great plans cover my head and good ideas come into my pencil and I start to draw them.

I will make some concept arts via softwares like GIMP (I don't really like Photoshop, it's too simple, but sometimes too complicated, while GIMP is fairly simple, and less complicated for me, so that is the "golden mid-way" or balanced perfectly.). As some of them are done, I'll upload the best ones (some of them will be grey-scaled!)

PS: I made my stuff all alone before (like warcraft III maps), and these stuff were simple, but worked good. I mean scripts were okay, models were made by Blizzard or some guys from model- and texture sharing sites. I just made skins for them.

PPS: Thank you for reading that short novel.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57967 is a reply to message #57954] Thu, 24 June 2010 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

akoshun wrote on Wed, 23 June 2010 13:28

What is the OBJECT_... name for the... Let's say Oak Crossbow Bolt? OBJECT_OAK_BOLT because I doubt it.

I believe it is OBJECT_SHOT_OAK or something to that effect, but if you don't know you could look it up in the SHOT entry (not in the OBJECT section, SHOT is its own section)

Quote:

How do I give a trial for it? Like a fire after it, or just simple trials.

You mean a trail? I believe there is a texture attached to the CWeaponDef as a trail. (either of the bolt or crossbow)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57970 is a reply to message #57967] Thu, 24 June 2010 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
morerunes wrote on Thu, 24 June 2010 08:04

I believe it is OBJECT_SHOT_OAK or something to that effect, but if you don't know you could look it up in the SHOT entry (not in the OBJECT section, SHOT is its own section)
All the SHOT entries use the same OBJECT entry, it will be OBJECT_BOLT or something like that. The only difference between the generic SHOT entries is damage.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57971 is a reply to message #57970] Thu, 24 June 2010 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 24 June 2010 06:25

morerunes wrote on Thu, 24 June 2010 08:04

All the SHOT entries use the same OBJECT entry, it will be OBJECT_BOLT or something like that. The only difference between the generic SHOT entries is damage.

Ah thanks, yesterday I found it it was OBJECT_CROSSBOW_BOLT or something.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57979 is a reply to message #57971] Thu, 24 June 2010 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What if you were to use the Non-Elemental fireballs that JoB fires with the sword of aeons, use that effect as the shot for a cannon.

Then just change the speed to REALLY fast xD, pretty simple to do if I knew how to do meshes and all that... but all in due time....
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57982 is a reply to message #57979] Thu, 24 June 2010 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Xx Ultima xX wrote on Thu, 24 June 2010 21:03

Then just change the speed to REALLY fast xD, pretty simple to do if I knew how to do meshes and all that... but all in due time....
Speed can be adjusted in the SHOT entry, no mesh editing required. And there are problems associated with high speed projectiles, such as lag and shooting yourself.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #57993 is a reply to message #57982] Fri, 25 June 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 25 June 2010 13:22

Xx Ultima xX wrote on Thu, 24 June 2010 21:03

Speed can be adjusted in the SHOT entry, no mesh editing required. And there are problems associated with high speed projectiles, such as lag and shooting yourself.

Forgot about lag, but I have a fast computer (Brag alert), and the blowing yourself up part (shooting yourself) could be fixed by following the guide on how to not get knocked down by explosions and go to CREATURE_HERO and make yourself immune to projectiles I think.... But then that would out-balance the game so idk Razz

That is would I would probably do though.
Re: First mod plan: Firearms [message #58299 is a reply to message #57952] Tue, 06 July 2010 11:29 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
charrzarr wrote on Wed, 23 June 2010 12:55

The thing with the Arquebus is that it launches a large wave of explosive magic. The wave is very wide and all one shot so if u are say to close to a wall when firing it will explode in your face.

And that is what makes it so awesome really. All the gameplay was setup with that in mind. I almost ALMOST went with the dragon napalm.

I might start hanging around the forums now that Fable 3 has been announced for PC. Wink

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: I could really do with some help
Next Topic: My Idea. Check It Out. You know you want to.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:43:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01148 seconds