Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » FE+.fmp loading errors
icon4.gif  FE+.fmp loading errors [message #58195] Thu, 01 July 2010 19:57 Go to next message
SolidSnake is currently offline  SolidSnake
I downloaded Morerunes (awesome) Fable Mod Applications package, with all the trainers and stuff. Everything worked fine, after I read the tutorial and installed the applications on my computer. (Chocolate Box is messed up for some reason but thats ok with me)

My problem is that whenever I download a FMP (i.e. Object Package 2.5) it comes up as an unknown file (icon is a blank piece of paper on my desktop), but I didn't think that was a big deal, so I loaded the FMP and in the case of the Object Package 2.5 the custom TNG. When I loaded my game, (I just graduated the guild and inputed my experiance points) I ran outside to the lookout point, and the game closed. So I replaced the TNG file and decided to spawn the item. I opened the game with the FableHook window opener (because when I try to CTRL-TAB with full screen it crashes) and I use the shop trainer to input the Jacks Boots in the shop, and the clothing registers as foot wear, but when I try to open the window that reveals where the footwear is avaialble (Buy>Clothing>Foot>Crash) causes the game to crash without revealing the boots.

In another instance, when I try and load the JoB Outfit FMP by itself, the items do not even register.
NOTE: I loaded the JoB Outfit package AFTER I loaded the Object Package 2.5. So i do not know if the items in the JoB Outfit package were already integrated into the Object Package 2.5.

Questions!!!

1.) Are the .fmp files supposed to have an unknown file icon (i.e. blank piece of paper on desktop)

2.) What is the matter with the custom .tng files? I replace them in the FinalAlbion folder, AND I renamed the FinalAlbion.wad to _FinalAlbion.wad, was that ok too?

PS: I am new to this if you couldn't tell...

(Long explanation, short: I load an fmp, run on FE, try to spawn on chest, game crashes as if item does not exist.)

(When I look at the graphics on FE for the JoB outfit it shows me the apprentice outfit that it was based off of)

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2010 22:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FE+.fmp loading errors [message #58239 is a reply to message #58195] Sat, 03 July 2010 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diego-f-duran is currently offline  diego-f-duran
Are you vista user?

if not... i had a similar problem... and solve it installing fmp with ShadowNet FE & AlbionExplorer cause Cbox crash my game...

have you already used Freeroam app?

have you saved mods and rung game correctly?

for item packages like you said it normally includes an TNG file... because in that map is the way u get the item, i mean: (chest, library, barrel, Monster droop, etc)

check carefully all details

http://i49.tinypic.com/2uz8o77.png ---> ChikenChaser <---
Re: FE+.fmp loading errors [message #58246 is a reply to message #58195] Sun, 04 July 2010 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
SolidSnake wrote on Thu, 01 July 2010 21:57

1.) Are the .fmp files supposed to have an unknown file icon (i.e. blank piece of paper on desktop)
I'm getting tired of people not searching like they're supposed to. Don't use InternetExplorer to download off this site - use Chrome, FireFox, Opera, anything else.

(Long explanation, short: I load an fmp, run on FE, try to spawn on chest, game crashes as if item does not exist.)
No. The game does not crash if the item does not exist. If an item in a chest does not exist, it is skipped. If it is the only item in the chest, the game hangs. It doesn't crash.

So, a crash tells us that there is something else going on.

(When I look at the graphics on FE for the JoB outfit it shows me the apprentice outfit that it was based off of)
No. It shows you that crazybunny imported his new meshes over the apprentice meshes. For reasons that I can't be bothered to explain, one must load new meshes over existing meshes, and these new meshes will retain data from the old meshes. crazybunny just picked the closest match.

And you're experiencing Vista-related problems.
And the reason ChocolateBox doesn't work is because you don't have the prerequisites.
I swear to God I feel like I've said this before, a few times now in fact.
Re: FE+.fmp loading errors [message #58249 is a reply to message #58246] Sun, 04 July 2010 07:16 Go to previous message
SolidSnake is currently offline  SolidSnake
Sorry, I'm still very new at this. And I sometimes tend to assume things I don't know Embarassed

But I am a Vista user.
And as for the internet explorer thing, I recently discovered Firefox works better. I will redownload everything with Firefox and reapply it in FE
Previous Topic: Why is my torso invisible?????
Next Topic: Custom Armor Crashing Game
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:41:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00962 seconds