Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » I could really do with some help
icon9.gif  I could really do with some help [message #58277] Mon, 05 July 2010 11:27 Go to next message
SymphonicEcho is currently offline  SymphonicEcho
So I bought Fable The Lost Chapters today after thinking about it for quite some time (I'm usually just a point and click gamer). I got it home, excited to throw off the old gamer robes and don new ones when:

Fable - The Lost Chapters is configuring your new software installation

....(10 mins later)....

Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\graphics\graphics.big. Verify that the file exists and you can access it.

I did indeed verify that it's there (graphics.big, BIG File, 37,814KB) but accessing it means it tries to search for an application to open it.

I'm not a VISTA user, I have XP Service Pack 3. Does this mean that the SP3 curse has struck again? Is Fable playable on SP3 and, if it can, why will it not recognise it's own file?

Help on this would be much appreciated.
Re: I could really do with some help [message #58280 is a reply to message #58277] Mon, 05 July 2010 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diego-f-duran is currently offline  diego-f-duran
I have win XP SP3, the game works perfect in this Service pack, no problems in installation or anything...

I suggest you to eliminate all files related to the game (mean the installation folder and all stuff in it). And if you have downloaded any Mod program uninstall it too

mmm, other thing... your computer fill all the Game System Requeriments?

Then install again...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2uz8o77.png ---> ChikenChaser <---

[Updated on: Mon, 05 July 2010 18:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I could really do with some help [message #58290 is a reply to message #58277] Tue, 06 July 2010 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have checked and double checked that my computer meets (and in most cases exceeds) the system requirements. It happens during the installation process, not in starting up the game and simply will not recognise the file is there to continue the installation. Haven't even got onto disk 4.
Re: I could really do with some help [message #58296 is a reply to message #58290] Tue, 06 July 2010 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The problem is the discs. You can clean the discs and try it with a different disc drive, that's your best chance.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 08:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I could really do with some help [message #58297 is a reply to message #58277] Tue, 06 July 2010 10:06 Go to previous message
Went back to the store I bought it from today, got a new copy and, would you believe it, worked first time. Thanks for your help both of you. I kinda over reacted however I previously had a whole range of problems with previous games and them clashing with SP3.

Off to play and enjoy now, thanks again! Very Happy
Previous Topic: Fable conquest V2 teleporters bugs
Next Topic: First mod plan: Firearms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:05:43 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00853 seconds