Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Two belts on armor?
Two belts on armor? [message #58428] Sun, 11 July 2010 08:21 Go to next message
oryp is currently offline  oryp
Hey, it's been a while since i posted here, but i've been working on a new suit of armor. I was wondering if it was possible to get two belts on a suit of armor that cross each other on the chest. So far i only can retexture the second one on,but is it possible for another actual belt?
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58431 is a reply to message #58428] Sun, 11 July 2010 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
What do mean by two belts? do mean like some of the bandit lieutenants have, but with armour underneath?

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58432 is a reply to message #58431] Sun, 11 July 2010 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what he means. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58433 is a reply to message #58432] Sun, 11 July 2010 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, like the belt you generally have that the quiver is attached to along with sword, but another one making an X with the existing
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58434 is a reply to message #58433] Sun, 11 July 2010 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Quiver and sword is not attached to any sort of belt, refer to naked hero. My guess is that you're talking about the strap on the plate shirt armors.

Yes, it's possible. The way I would do it would be to import the plate shirt mesh in 3DS, remove everything but the "belt" and get rid of the weighting, mirror it, redo the weighting, export. Make it into a new graphic mesh entry and add it to the CAppearanceModifierDef as one of the meshes to use for the clothing item.
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58435 is a reply to message #58434] Sun, 11 July 2010 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i have an idea that will work good enough, much simpler too. Just make a belt on the armor in texture and create a bump for it to stand out,and have it appear as if it is under the real one.
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58436 is a reply to message #58435] Sun, 11 July 2010 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The concept is simple but carrying it out can be more difficult than just doing the mesh edit, which would actually be an easy and fast task for someone who knows what he's doing.
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58440 is a reply to message #58436] Sun, 11 July 2010 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you could do it my way.(NOT recommended)
Use CAppearanceModifierDef to attach the model of the Bandit Lieutenant who has the crossing belts onto the armour, then use CTextureReplacementDef to hide the rest of the bandit with alphas.

Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58444 is a reply to message #58440] Mon, 12 July 2010 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there a step by step or tutorial on that? that could help alot.
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58455 is a reply to message #58444] Mon, 12 July 2010 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are tutorials for for merging armours with the CAppearanceModifierDef, and there might be a tutorial for using the CTextureReplacementDef, but I'm not sure about that.

Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58458 is a reply to message #58455] Mon, 12 July 2010 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, but if i learn how to i'm gonna just edit out the bandit's skin and keep the armored arm and belts. Just spent a while looking for a tut on that but no luck.
Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58459 is a reply to message #58458] Mon, 12 July 2010 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I kinda did that while doing some tests for my dynamic cape, maybe reading that might help a bit. it can be found here.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2010 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Two belts on armor? [message #58468 is a reply to message #58459] Mon, 12 July 2010 14:04 Go to previous message
alright, i just gotta find out though, how you alpha the texture parts you don't want. Could you explain that or show me where you learned how if theres a tutorial on it that i might have not found?
Previous Topic: Magic rework
Next Topic: Hellfire Reaver Augments Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:48:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01212 seconds