Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » New Weapons: Bastard Swords
New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #58672] Fri, 23 July 2010 00:09 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The mod:
Four new swords. There is one for each class (except legendary): iron, steel, obsidian, and master.

Spawn as:
OBJECT_IRON_BASTARD_SWORD
OBJECT_STEEL_BASTARD_SWORD
OBJECT_EBONY_BASTARD_SWORD
OBJECT_CRYSTAL_BASTARD_SWORD

Details:
Iron Bastard Sword deals 39 damage, has no augment slots.
Steel Bastard Sword deals 58 damage, has one augment slot.
Obsidian Bastard Sword deals 116 damage, has two augment slots.
Master Bastard Sword deals 174 damage, has three augment slots.

Each is considered a heavy weapon, and so can't be effectively used until physique is at level 3. But they are one-handed swords.
The price and damage of each sword is averaged between the values given for the longswords and greatswords. These measures are to keep it balanced.

Images - Be warned, they're large.

Enjoy and happy modding.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 July 2010 02:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #58677 is a reply to message #58672] Fri, 23 July 2010 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
Cool mixture of sword types, looks good.
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #58678 is a reply to message #58672] Fri, 23 July 2010 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Very nice. I like the damage ratings as well as the look of the weapons.

Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #58679 is a reply to message #58678] Fri, 23 July 2010 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Many thanks.
jwc2200 wrote on Fri, 23 July 2010 04:26

Very nice. I like the damage ratings as well as the look of the weapons.
Reminded me to post the damage ratings, post has been edited.
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #58680 is a reply to message #58672] Fri, 23 July 2010 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SE_Danny is currently offline  SE_Danny
AWESOME !! I really love Longsword retextures ! Smile
But how did you do this screenshot ?
Images - Be warned, they're large.

I would like to do the same view for Futshibambutshi's Megasword. Very Happy

Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #58681 is a reply to message #58680] Fri, 23 July 2010 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
SE_Danny wrote on Fri, 23 July 2010 04:38

AWESOME !! I really love Longsword retextures ! Smile
They're not retextures, they're remodels. It's a new mesh.

I modified the hilt of the longsword to accommodate the blade of the greatsword, and then I pointed out the blade because the way it originally looks bothered me. And because I have nothing better to do, I made the blade symmetrical.
SE_Danny wrote on Fri, 23 July 2010 04:38

But how did you do this screenshot ?
That's not a screenshot, that's a render. I made the render in a 3D modeling package (3DS Max).
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #61563 is a reply to message #58672] Fri, 25 February 2011 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graenditheos is currently offline  Graenditheos

They look nice, can't wait to test them in-game! Very Happy

http://i.imgur.com/g4cbR.gif
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #63003 is a reply to message #58672] Tue, 24 May 2011 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duskryn is currently offline  Duskryn
If you don't mind, I would like to base my first mod on your weapon type (to make a legendary Bastard Sword, but it will mostly be a retextured, renamed, redescribed weapon). But Before I do that, what is the name of the Steel Bastard Sword texture in FE?

-Duskryn
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #63098 is a reply to message #58672] Mon, 30 May 2011 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waky
Dl'ed the swords. Tried 'em. Works great! Looks great!
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #63209 is a reply to message #63003] Wed, 01 June 2011 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Duskryn wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 21:01

If you don't mind, I would like to base my first mod on your weapon type (to make a legendary Bastard Sword, but it will mostly be a retextured, renamed, redescribed weapon). But Before I do that, what is the name of the Steel Bastard Sword texture in FE?

-Duskryn
Edit: I used existing textures. The blades are from the greatswords and the hilts are from the longswords. A proper retexture would require duplicating the textures. I suppose later on I could improve this mod by working with the UVWs such that each mesh only uses one texture independent of existing textures, so as to make retextures easier to do by making it so that you don't have to edit two images, just one.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2011 05:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #63216 is a reply to message #63003] Wed, 01 June 2011 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Duskryn wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 21:01

what is the name of the Steel Bastard Sword texture in FE?

JohnDoe used the Greatswords for the "blade", and the Longsword for the "hilt" and "grip". I made an fmp of just the steel sword with 2 new texture entries to make it easy to retexture just that sword. Use:
BASTARD-GREATSWORD to redo the blade,
and
BASTARD-SWORDLONG02 to redo the handle and crossguard.

Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #63221 is a reply to message #63216] Wed, 01 June 2011 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duskryn is currently offline  Duskryn
Thanks! Very Happy
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #64040 is a reply to message #58672] Fri, 15 July 2011 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlk461
Hi, I have a request i dont know if this is allowed, but there is a mod I have been wanting to make for a long time but I can't find any free software that I can figure out how to use. so could possably make heavy Cleavers that have longer handles (mabey heavy battleaxe handles) and longer blades? plese respond.
Thank You for the time you spent reading my request.

I AM BATTLEMASTER NAROE THEOPHILUS WOLFSBANE MCGARSON! WHEN YOU ARE READY TO DIE COME FIGHT ME!
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #64046 is a reply to message #64040] Sun, 17 July 2011 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jlk461 wrote on Fri, 15 July 2011 13:38

Hi, I have a request i dont know if this is allowed, but there is a mod I have been wanting to make for a long time but I can't find any free software that I can figure out how to use. so could possably make heavy Cleavers that have longer handles (mabey heavy battleaxe handles) and longer blades? plese respond.
Thank You for the time you spent reading my request.
That is actually not too bad of an idea. I'll work with it and come up with something later.
Soric wrote on Sun, 17 July 2011 01:06

dude, 2 things. dont necropost and there is a request thread for a reason. things like this piss the mods off.
You know what else pisses us off? Backseat moderators. Sup?
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #64082 is a reply to message #64046] Fri, 22 July 2011 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlk461
Thank you Very Happy .

I AM BATTLEMASTER NAROE THEOPHILUS WOLFSBANE MCGARSON! WHEN YOU ARE READY TO DIE COME FIGHT ME!
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #65429 is a reply to message #58672] Mon, 12 December 2011 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madmerlin420 is currently offline  madmerlin420
may i recommend something? since bastard swords are a 2 handed longsword (pretty much) could you make a Hand-and-a-half sword? with damage leaning towards the katana have it a 1 handed weapon too?
Re: New Weapons: Bastard Swords [message #65430 is a reply to message #65429] Mon, 12 December 2011 14:02 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay, first off: this thread has been dead since July. Check dates! They aren't there to look pretty.Second:A hand and a half sword is properly done such as you can wield it one or two handed, and indoors. The most we can do to that end is label a weapon with the STAFF animation set, and then through the CAppearanceDef app, replace the animations for staffs with one and two handed sword animations when the hero uses them, and replace existing staffs with hand and a half blades. However, there is a problem. Most of the two handed weapon animations are too brutish and crude in order to match such a weapon, so it would be better off just to go with what we have now. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Soul Calibur
Next Topic: Bluetooth's Arquebus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:35:13 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01185 seconds