Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » NPC reaction editing question
NPC reaction editing question [message #58784] Fri, 06 August 2010 18:05 Go to next message
MrDomino is currently offline  MrDomino
I seem to have a fairly odd problem. I followed several different guides from the wiki, and from different threads, and have everything working nearly perfectly. I'm using a few different mods, including one that adds Jack's clothing as playable armor. I also modified Jack's mask to be removable.

Now, the issue I'm having: the villagers are laughing at me. At first, I thought it was because I was using custom armor, and to the game I was naked, therefore they laugh. But through testing, I found this isn't the case. I can wear the Jack boots, leggings, armor, and dark will gloves, and nobody will laugh. The problem lies with the mask. As soon as I put the mask on, that's when the NPCs start to laugh and whatnot.

I did lots of searching and couldn't find any solution. I found this thread: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6096& ;start=0&, which shows how to edit NPC reactions to player actions, but it doesn't make any mention of editing reactions when you're not doing anything.

So, two questions. First, is it possible for me to edit the mask definitions somehow using FE to stop the laughing? And second, if the first isn't possible, how would I go about replacing the NPCs laugh reaction with a different one?

Thank you in advance for any help I receive.
Re: NPC reaction editing question [message #58785 is a reply to message #58784] Fri, 06 August 2010 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

A simple possibility that comes to mind is scariness. What are your stats when you put on the mask, like scariness and attractiveness? Villagers will laugh if you are negative scary sometimes. If that is the case, change the scariness using FE and the CAppearanceModifierDef, tut here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7599& ;start=0&

Re: NPC reaction editing question [message #58787 is a reply to message #58784] Fri, 06 August 2010 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrDomino is currently offline  MrDomino
Ah, that must be it! In addition to making it removable, I also made it reduce the scariness attribute by a large amount, and increase attractiveness by a large amount.

I kinda thought that, in the game Jack is regarded as a sort of hero, so it didn't really make sense to me for the mask to make people afraid of you, or reduce your attractiveness.

Thanks, I'm going to go try tweaking the attributes right now! I'll edit this post with my results.

EDIT: That did it! Thank you kindly, jwc2200.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2010 19:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NPC reaction editing question [message #58788 is a reply to message #58787] Fri, 06 August 2010 19:50 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Glad that fixed it.

Previous Topic: Fireball Arrows - Dragon Breath - Help Please
Next Topic: change in two-handed sword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:21:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01349 seconds