Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » change in two-handed sword
change in two-handed sword [message #58856] Thu, 12 August 2010 09:28 Go to next message
jmk316 is currently offline  jmk316
I always wanted to change Avo's Tear in two-handed sword. So i have replaced the texture of Bereawer by texture of Avo's Tear. But problem is, that Avo's Tear is conceived as one-handed weapon. Due to this left hand sticks the sword stupidly (picture below). I just need to shift the place, where the weapon is sticked, higher or much better would be to make the handle longer. ANY IDEAS?
  • Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 137.54KB, Downloaded 597 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 09:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: change in two-handed sword [message #58861 is a reply to message #58856] Thu, 12 August 2010 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Looks fine to me. Bastard swords had enough room for one and a half hands, so people would grab the pommel. Just like in the picture.

Bigger hilt requires a mesh edit. If you just want to change where the Hero grabs the weapon, you need to move a helper, which also requires a mesh edit.
Re: change in two-handed sword [message #58862 is a reply to message #58861] Thu, 12 August 2010 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Or he could use the scale thing(I can't remember what it's called at the moment.) in FE to make the mesh slightly bigger, but that might cause clipping issues, with noticeablilty depending on how much of a change. (This would be the easiest choice if you don't know how to a model editor.)

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 15:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: change in two-handed sword [message #58863 is a reply to message #58862] Thu, 12 August 2010 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
nicomon wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 17:15

Or he could use the scale thing(I can't remember what it's called at the moment.) in FE to make the mesh slightly bigger, but that might cause clipping issues, with noticeablilty depending on how much of a change. (This would be the easiest choice if you don't know how to a model editor.)
That's actually a pretty good idea. I would recommend increasing it incrementally by 0.1 until it's about right. Or at least closer to looking right without being too big.
Re: change in two-handed sword [message #59036 is a reply to message #58863] Sun, 22 August 2010 13:34 Go to previous message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
also ur method of sticking the avo's tear grphic onto bereaver was one of the more difficult methods opf making a sword 2 handed... cant remember exactly how but it can be done purely by editting the weapon hat u want changed...oh well to each his own i guess

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Previous Topic: NPC reaction editing question
Next Topic: Simple Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:06:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01322 seconds