Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » Fable: The New World
Fable: The New World [message #58868] Fri, 13 August 2010 00:53 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

http://i37.tinypic.com/1zpr51v.jpg

The once was a man named The Craftsman. Many said he was insane... he saw visions of the past, of the future, and of alternate realities. He then made the things he saw in his visions. However, the people of Albion did not accept him. So he stashed away his treasure all over Albion in hidden chests with special hidden keys, leaving only a single key and clue as to their whereabouts. He then took to the seas, sailing for a land known as Tamriel!

Many have since followed him, but there is no way to know if any of them made it to Tamriel, as nobody is even sure where it is.

Will you take up the hunt for The Craftsman's treasure?

Fable: The New World contains many level edits, new weapons, a few new foods, and a really cool decked out picnic area with a tower.

Over 24 hours of work spread thinly over roughly two-and-a-half years, this mod is something that I am proud of, but could have done better. I am just happy I'm finally labeling it FINISHED!

Special thanks to:
Baystone for his incredible tool, Chocolate Box
Pe Ell for hosting the fable site
chaos for Fable: Conquest concepts
JohnDoe for his support and incredible dedication to the site

And many other Fable modders who made this mod possible. I could mention everybody, but I wouldn't know where to draw the line and I'd add too many names to the credits list.

I also used music from artists online, though I cannot remember any artists specifically except for Vinterriket, so thanks to those cool musicians as well.

And without further a-do...

DOWNLOAD - 1.67 GB 7z Uncompressed

CAUTION: Very large download. I recommend downloading overnight.

*** Moderator's Notes ***
READ THIS
Because of how this mod is packed, it will only work on the English version of the game.
You must have a clean install, if you're using any other mods, there can be problems.
Because this mod does a lot of work with the regions, many of the quests won't work right.
This mod is provided as-is and is as finished as it will get. Anyone may go ahead and add on to it or edit it as they see fit.
If I see anymore posts about any of these things, I'll start deleting posts.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download Package
2. Extract (will need 7z) to a Directory
3. Run Installer
4. Delete Files (they are no longer needed after installation)
5. Make sure Fable - The Lost Chapters is installed on your PC and is Legal
6. Run Installer
7. Start Fable
8. Start a New Game
9. Play the Game
10. Enjoy the Game

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 12:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58870 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 13 August 2010 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Congratulations on the completion. I will try it out in the next couple of days.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58871 is a reply to message #58870] Fri, 13 August 2010 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Awesome! can't wait to try it. I would download it now if you had it up, although I wouldn't be able to play it right away anyways as it's currently 2 am here.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58872 is a reply to message #58871] Fri, 13 August 2010 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Yeah, I realized after making the post that I forgot to take out all the testing teleporters and chests *facepalm*

-edit-

It's up now! Enjoy!

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2010 10:24]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58876 is a reply to message #58872] Fri, 13 August 2010 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume it does, but I'm asking just in case, Does this need a clean install to work?

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58878 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 13 August 2010 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Combatcorv is currently offline  Combatcorv
Epic! But there will surely be people waiting in line because of your site crashing. Razz

Now, sleep.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58881 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 13 August 2010 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
i will be lurkin till i finally get around to putting Fable back on my comp, after that i will gladly download this and fiddle around with it.

question though, in addition to also wondering for sure whether we need a clean install, will other mods work should we implement them afterward? of course will have to check to see all the new content before I go putting something in, just in case you already have it, but there are a few mods I've further modded for personal use that I might want still.

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58882 is a reply to message #58872] Fri, 13 August 2010 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Fri, 13 August 2010 06:55

-edit-

It's up now! Enjoy!

It appears to still not work...

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58884 is a reply to message #58882] Fri, 13 August 2010 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I don't think you need a clean install, you'll need a new game though.

As for the link not working, I fixed it now. Sorry about that.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58885 is a reply to message #58884] Fri, 13 August 2010 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hooray!!!! Downloading NOW! I can't wait to see what's in it.

Bug Report: Orchard farm quest is impossible due to both entrances being blocked.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2010 18:55]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58889 is a reply to message #58885] Fri, 13 August 2010 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Both entrances blocked? Why would that happen?

I guess we'll just have to kill the doors Confused

I just installed Windows 7 though, so it's going to take a while for me to get to fixing bugs

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58890 is a reply to message #58889] Fri, 13 August 2010 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's because the quest doesn't register as started, which I forgot to mention.
(Sorry if it sounds like I'm pestering you, I'm just trying to help Smile )

[Updated on: Fri, 13 August 2010 21:25]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58895 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 13 August 2010 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xXBlaxkXhaosXx is currently offline  xXBlaxkXhaosXx
Will this work on the original xbox? i have a modded xbox 1 and i was wondering if this would work if i was to ftp this mod to the fable tlc game folder on my hdd?
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58896 is a reply to message #58895] Sat, 14 August 2010 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

xXBlaxkXhaosXx wrote on Sat, 14 August 2010 08:47

Will this work on the original xbox? i have a modded xbox 1 and i was wondering if this would work if i was to ftp this mod to the fable tlc game folder on my hdd?

No.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58897 is a reply to message #58868] Sat, 14 August 2010 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
wow OldBoy, aside from the quote that's gotta be the shortest post I've seen in a long time lol! and im sorry xXBlaxkXhaosXx but I'd have to agree with him on this. you'd be better off getting Fable TLC for the computer anyway, the interface is better, the mods are better, and (if you're on a laptop) you can take it anywhere you go! Razz

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58898 is a reply to message #58897] Sat, 14 August 2010 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xXBlaxkXhaosXx is currently offline  xXBlaxkXhaosXx
Dorian Saignren wrote on Sat, 14 August 2010 04:19

wow OldBoy, aside from the quote that's gotta be the shortest post I've seen in a long time lol! and im sorry xXBlaxkXhaosXx but I'd have to agree with him on this. you'd be better off getting Fable TLC for the computer anyway, the interface is better, the mods are better, and (if you're on a laptop) you can take it anywhere you go! Razz

I see, well what a shame, i could get fable for the pc but im not much of a pc gamer, not because i dont like it but because i hate playing with a keyboard. Thanks for answering my question Wink
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58899 is a reply to message #58868] Sat, 14 August 2010 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
you could try getting a controller for the computer. sure, youll have to use the keyboard occasionally, but i have a ps2 style controller by logitech and a madcatz xbox 360 controller I use for computer gaminf Very Happy

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58900 is a reply to message #58868] Sat, 14 August 2010 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed a thing over the guild entrance. Looked like a special silver key. Is it used for the chests like the one in Archons Tower or the one on the Oakvale shores?

How do you get up there?

-EDIT-
The door is in the bar.
It's a craft key. Found another in the demon door. Interesting! Very Happy

Now, sleep.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 August 2010 15:23]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58901 is a reply to message #58868] Sat, 14 August 2010 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jp_b46 is currently offline  jp_b46
Awesome, i cant wait to try it Very Happy im sure that all the Fable TLC comunity was waiting for this moment

[Updated on: Sat, 14 August 2010 18:08]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58906 is a reply to message #58868] Sat, 14 August 2010 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Well, crapnugget-juggler. The quest probably didn't start because the levels are connected. I don't even know what to do to fix that Sad

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58910 is a reply to message #58906] Sun, 15 August 2010 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Sat, 14 August 2010 20:21

Well, crapnugget-juggler. The quest probably didn't start because the levels are connected. I don't even know what to do to fix that Sad

Maybe relink the areas so that the Orchard Farm is the main area that everything is connected to, instead of lookout point?

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58911 is a reply to message #58910] Sun, 15 August 2010 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you could just seperate Orchard Farm from Point Lookout.

Now, sleep.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58914 is a reply to message #58911] Sun, 15 August 2010 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Combatcorv wrote on Sun, 15 August 2010 07:13

Or you could just seperate Orchard Farm from Point Lookout.

At the cost of flow

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58917 is a reply to message #58868] Sun, 15 August 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
maybe implement some sort of checkpoint that you can talk to to manually start it and would take down the barrier?

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58921 is a reply to message #58917] Sun, 15 August 2010 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Dorian Saignren wrote on Sun, 15 August 2010 14:18

maybe implement some sort of checkpoint that you can talk to to manually start it and would take down the barrier?
These kinds of posts hurt my eyes. And brain.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58922 is a reply to message #58921] Sun, 15 August 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
Stranger wrote on Sun, 15 August 2010 15:50

well sorry Razz i was only making a suggestion. instead of walking in to start the quest like it usually works, make it a checkpoint one (like talking to an NPC, or something) this way morerunes can keep the flow of the game and fix the quest still

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58935 is a reply to message #58922] Mon, 16 August 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garagorn is currently offline  Garagorn
Dorian Saignren wrote on Sun, 15 August 2010 21:04

Stranger wrote on Sun, 15 August 2010 15:50

well sorry Razz i was only making a suggestion. instead of walking in to start the quest like it usually works, make it a checkpoint one (like talking to an NPC, or something) this way morerunes can keep the flow of the game and fix the quest still

I think he meant the fact you keep using lowercase for every word. Please learn how to type properly. It also annoys me when people keep using lower case. This is a forum, not a phone.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58937 is a reply to message #58935] Mon, 16 August 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Garagorn wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 11:06

I think he meant the fact you keep using lowercase for every word. Please learn how to type properly. It also annoys me when people keep using lower case. This is a forum, not a phone.
No. I meant the fact that we have very little control of how quests are started. What he's talking about is off the table. The quest starts when the Hero walks into Orchard Farm, the cutscene is called and that's that. We can't just throw an NPC in a map that isn't in the Orchard Farm region and make it such that talking to the NPC starts the quest. While I like the concept, it's not something we can do.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58944 is a reply to message #58868] Mon, 16 August 2010 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
Well, I'm no expert in the field of modding, hell, I'm barely beginning. I was just putting out a suggestion in case noone else thought of it yet.

And as for me using lowercase, I'm sorry but one of my hands was in a damn cast, not to mention I often use my phone to reply to forums because I'm not at home 24/7. So Razz bugger off!

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58945 is a reply to message #58944] Mon, 16 August 2010 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Dorian Saignren wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 13:10

And as for me using lowercase, I'm sorry but one of my hands was in a damn cast, not to mention I often use my phone to reply to forums because I'm not at home 24/7. So Razz bugger off!

Still better than every single youtube video commenter Razz

Re: Fable: The New World [message #58952 is a reply to message #58945] Mon, 16 August 2010 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
morerunes wrote on Mon, 16 August 2010 14:19

Still better than every single youtube video commenter Razz

True that Smile

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
icon7.gif  Re: Fable: The New World [message #58997 is a reply to message #58945] Wed, 18 August 2010 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wess49 is currently offline  wess49
my computer doesnt really wanna download it with ie and it keeps stopping the installation on its own so im wondering if you can make it downloadable with a torrent so some people dont have this problem Razz by the way realllly nice mod there cant wait to play it Razz

This signature is the best signature! Nobody beats this signature!
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58998 is a reply to message #58868] Thu, 19 August 2010 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevannelson is currently offline  kevannelson
i also found that teleporting so far is a bit of a drag (possibly add a few points? also guild portal dosent work wich could affect what happens right before you go chasing jack)
and im not sure at this point because i cant get past the farm but idk maybe u have it figured out with teleporting

main thing right now is fix the orchard farm bug!!!
other than that i think this mod is EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE adds a whole new feel to the game great job
Re: Fable: The New World [message #58999 is a reply to message #58998] Thu, 19 August 2010 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
kevannelson wrote on Thu, 19 August 2010 02:25

(possibly add a few points? also guild portal dosent work wich could affect what happens right before you go chasing jack)
No and no. One cullis gate per region. Quest controls teleporting during the EOW sequence, guild seal doesn't affect that.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59001 is a reply to message #58999] Thu, 19 August 2010 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevannelson is currently offline  kevannelson
Stranger wrote on Thu, 19 August 2010 02:04

guild seal doesn't affect that.

i meant that the portal at the guild not the seal it dosent work well at least not for me if i want to quickly get to the guild i need to go to bowerstone and then walk from there
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59005 is a reply to message #58868] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i downloaded it and it works except at the beginning when you a kid in the guild i cant get into the guild woods theres no entrance.. i already tried using freeroam but it doesnt work with the new world thingy.. do u need freeroam for this?

sorry about my bad grammar and spelling

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59006 is a reply to message #59005] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

wess49 wrote on Fri, 20 August 2010 01:06

i cant get into the guild woods theres no entrance..

Keep walking towards the Woods and you will come to the beetles. There is no gate to there, it is now part of the Guild.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59007 is a reply to message #58868] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
yeah, he linked the areas so there aren't loading sequences between areas Very Happy

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59008 is a reply to message #59007] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know he did thatbut i still cant get passed it.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59009 is a reply to message #58868] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dorian Saignren
Well, try what jwc said, apparently other people got past it, otherwise they wouldn't have found the Orchard Farm bug Razz

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Previous Topic: 5 New Weapons
Next Topic: [Divine Wrath & Unholy Power] Balanced changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:31:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01212 seconds