Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » Fable: The New World
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59010 is a reply to message #59009] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wess49 is currently offline  wess49
i did do what he said i cant get past to the beetles it wont let me

This signature is the best signature! Nobody beats this signature!
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59011 is a reply to message #58868] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
maby you got some corrupted data, idk. keep trying. noone else reported that as a bug yet. hell, it might be something in what you did. *shrug* maby try starting a new game or something?

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59012 is a reply to message #59011] Thu, 19 August 2010 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have already reinstalled both a million times and i started new games, i dont have corrupted data because they were both clean installs Sad

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59013 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 20 August 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
i meant corrupted data from the download.

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59014 is a reply to message #59013] Fri, 20 August 2010 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there is no signs that it is corrupted from when i downloaded it

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59015 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 20 August 2010 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
that doesn't mean anything. if it was a bug in the mod everyone would be reporting it. whatever it is it's on your end somehow

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59016 is a reply to message #59015] Fri, 20 August 2010 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hm well i dont know how do i report it?

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59017 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 20 August 2010 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
you already did. by posting here with your problem you reported you had a bug, but until morerunes gets online he won't know. i have no idea what it might be, but so far you're the only person to report such a bug, so somehow you must have hit something (with a sequence of events and commands accidentally entered into the game, hell, could be the order in which you did the other quests) noone else did yet. or, it's something to do with your computer, your software, or user error. keep trying until morerunes makes his appearance and consults your issue. if you fix it swing back and let everyone know, just in case someone else happens to have the same problem or it does happen to be something to do with your computer, software, or user error.

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59019 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 20 August 2010 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
will tng editting with FE and notepad still be possible? and will the tng files that i editted/made with original fable be compatible with TNW?

{Babbling begin}seeing as the largest part of albion is in one piece i dont see how it wud work but i think it may be similar to lookoutpoint.tng and guildexterior.tng both being loaded together but effecting different parts of the same "section" of albion{Babbling end}

Editted to hopefully be easier to read

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 August 2010 13:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59020 is a reply to message #59019] Fri, 20 August 2010 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hm well i sure hope he replies soonbecause my internets gunna be cut off soon and i wont be able to use the internet for a while til i can pay the internet bill Sad

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59027 is a reply to message #59010] Sat, 21 August 2010 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

wess49 wrote on Fri, 20 August 2010 01:54

Sounds like the installer failed to get rid of your wad file.

Check the Levels folder for FinalAlbion.wad and delete it if it's there

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59041 is a reply to message #59027] Sun, 22 August 2010 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Sat, 21 August 2010 23:52

wess49 wrote on Fri, 20 August 2010 01:54

Sounds like the installer failed to get rid of your wad file.

Check the Levels folder for FinalAlbion.wad and delete it if it's there

There is one called _FinalAlbion.wad it has an underscore before it i noticed but there is no FinalAlbion.wad i have no idea why i cant get past.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59042 is a reply to message #59041] Sun, 22 August 2010 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

hmm... is there a gtg file?

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59061 is a reply to message #59042] Mon, 23 August 2010 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevannelson is currently offline  kevannelson
morunes i was wondering if you had found a solution to the orchard farm glitch...
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59062 is a reply to message #59042] Mon, 23 August 2010 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Sun, 22 August 2010 22:44

hmm... is there a gtg file?

Heres a list of all the files in my levels folder

_FinalAlbion.wad
_FinalAlbion.bwd
_FinalAlbion.gtg
creature_hub.lev
creaturehub.tng
FinalAlbion.qst
FinalAlbion.wld
FinalAlbion_RT.stb
GlobalQuests.qst

then theres the FinalAlbion Folder of course. every file is typed exactly like that.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59063 is a reply to message #59062] Mon, 23 August 2010 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
wess49 wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 03:14

_FinalAlbion.gtg
Here's your problem. Rename it, get rid of the underscore. Unless that's the backup of the GTG and it's supposed to be there and the GTG that's supposed to be there isn't... Either way, strange that no one else has this issue. (Or do they? I didn't read the thread very well.)
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59064 is a reply to message #59063] Mon, 23 August 2010 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stranger wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 05:19

wess49 wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 03:14

_FinalAlbion.gtg
Here's your problem. Rename it, get rid of the underscore. Unless that's the backup of the GTG and it's supposed to be there and the GTG that's supposed to be there isn't... Either way, strange that no one else has this issue. (Or do they? I didn't read the thread very well.)

Nope that didn't fix the problem, but thank you.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59066 is a reply to message #58868] Mon, 23 August 2010 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DanPrada is currently offline  DanPrada
can't download it... broken link Evil or Very Mad
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59068 is a reply to message #59066] Mon, 23 August 2010 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

It is not 'broken', read what the page says:
I apologize, morerunes.com is currently under construction, so you may have some problems. Come back another time.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59076 is a reply to message #59068] Mon, 23 August 2010 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Yeah, my hosting provider asked me to take down some files and I accidentally killed FTNW as well, so it'll be back up soon. I'll let you know.

As for your travelling bug, I don't know what to tell you.

Orchard farm is going to have to be disconnected from the lookout point along with the fisherman's place, as both cause bugs. I'll get to that here soon and upload a new version for you guys, sorry.

-edit-

And yeah, the files with the underscores are supposed to be like that, they are backup files.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 August 2010 11:53]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59117 is a reply to message #58868] Tue, 24 August 2010 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AntonRasputin is currently offline  AntonRasputin
Any idea on when it will be back up? I will also host it if need be.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59119 is a reply to message #58868] Tue, 24 August 2010 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Runarsg is currently offline  Runarsg
I Hope Orchard farm get fixed soon. I reinstalled and will check if any other quests gets bugged.
But have anyone else lost all the roaming traders? That should be fixed as well.
Otherwise a great mod! Smile

Edit
I have found some new bugs:
Traders in the protect traders quest won't follow you through where there used to be a checkpoint after the exploding mushrooms in darkwood.
The bandit toll post lacks the bandits.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 August 2010 14:10]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59123 is a reply to message #59119] Tue, 24 August 2010 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Runarsg wrote on Tue, 24 August 2010 12:28

Traders in the protect traders quest won't follow you through where there used to be a checkpoint after the exploding mushrooms in darkwood.
The bandit toll post lacks the bandits.
More region things. Traders are supposed to stop at the camp, but there's no camp region.
And the bandit toll quest activates upon entering the bandit toll region, but there isn't one.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59181 is a reply to message #58868] Sat, 28 August 2010 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to download it.. please repair the link faster. i saw videos on youtube and i love yor picnic area and the creature hub
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59183 is a reply to message #59181] Sun, 29 August 2010 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Reuploaded! Try downloading again.

Still haven't fixed bugs though

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59203 is a reply to message #58868] Tue, 31 August 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant make the orchard farm quest Sad please fix that
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59204 is a reply to message #59203] Tue, 31 August 2010 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Sorry, the bugs are here to stay. 90% of the reason I made this mod was to connect regions, and I really don't want to work on the mod anymore. I'm trying to move to Oblivion modding, and while I'll still be around the forum, I don't really want to do much more modding here. I don't even have Fable installed right now.

If someone else wants to contribute to this mod, add to it, then contact me and I will tell you how to do it, and I'll let someone else take the reigns.

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59205 is a reply to message #58868] Tue, 31 August 2010 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorian Saignren
Tis a pity, it would have been nice to see how the rest of the game goes, but with everyone stuck at orchard farm that isn't gonna happen. I'd hate to see that work go to waste like that.

Come in! Come in!"
-Shel Silverstein
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59225 is a reply to message #58868] Wed, 01 September 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grovyle
There is another thing that happened to me. When I got to the orchard farm quest I choosed to protect it (dunno if this makes any difference but I'm just pointing it out) and the doors that were next to the guards were openned and I got in. The crates were there obviously, the cutscene that started the quest didn't show up, the house was with the doors locked and it even didn't appear the choice to interact with it. Then I explored some more of it and killed the bandits with lightning and I noticed that they could pass through the "thing" next to them and then I leaved.
The next time I got there both entrances were blocked.

In a resume, I liked what I was seeing but ,sorry morerunes, I uninstalled it. There was this bugs that were really annoying and I could not follow the clue due to the bordello being blocked. There was too the first time that I got in the Creature Hub in Bowerstone but then the second time that I got in the game crashed.
I also liked the idea of the wooden sword and the bandit in the raid but that was pointless (you even lose the sword). The idea of the portals around Old Archon's Tower when you falled you go to the Picnic Area was well-thoughted. In overall this mod could be much better I think.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59229 is a reply to message #58868] Thu, 02 September 2010 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jp_b46 is currently offline  jp_b46
I finally could try it, i must say i liked it, but i was a victim of the farm thing too... anyway, this is a great work, and i remember someone told me that you can disable the storyline, so people could do that adn just focus on finding the craftman's stuff

PS: sorry for my english, i havent used it on a long time
icon5.gif  Re: Fable: The New World [message #59237 is a reply to message #58868] Fri, 03 September 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grassbowle is currently offline  Grassbowle
i dont know why but the mod doesnt work on my pc
i ve reinstalled fable now for three or four times and every time i install the mod, my game dont want to start. windows says that the program doesnt work anymore Confused
well im playing on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and fable never crashed in the 20 hours i've been playing it.
coult someone be so friendly and help me with my problem??

edit: well i've found the solution. I bought me an english version of fable tlc yesterday. and now it works. so the mod does not work with the german version of fable

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2010 23:57]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59249 is a reply to message #59237] Sat, 04 September 2010 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Grassbowle wrote on Fri, 03 September 2010 11:06

edit: well i've found the solution. I bought me an english version of fable tlc yesterday. and now it works. so the mod does not work with the german version of fable

Sorry about that, I'll put up a notice on the main post

-edit-

Guess I was beaten to it

[Updated on: Sat, 04 September 2010 07:06]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59251 is a reply to message #59249] Sat, 04 September 2010 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
because of the orchard's farm quest bug..
isnt is possible to edit all the quests so that they all start at the lookout point??

its just a question because i dont have much experience with mods and such things

greets grassbowle
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59307 is a reply to message #58868] Tue, 07 September 2010 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syxadriaz is currently offline  syxadriaz
how do I uninstall this mod?
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59313 is a reply to message #59307] Wed, 08 September 2010 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reinstall the game.. this could be an idea Rolling Eyes
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59366 is a reply to message #59313] Sat, 11 September 2010 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Grassbowle wrote on Wed, 08 September 2010 11:31

reinstall the game.. this could be an idea Rolling Eyes

And next time make backups. (Though really I have no room to talk about that because I ALWAYS forget to make backups.)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59399 is a reply to message #58868] Sun, 12 September 2010 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
silverdeathgod is currently offline  silverdeathgod
Warning: this message contains 2 of the craft weapon's in the package and may be a spoiler to some of you.

I managed to open 5 of the six craft chest's but the 1 at the top of the archon's tower crashe's my game.(I think it's something wrong with the thrasher great sword because that's where it crashe's)

P.S. I'm new here.

EDIT: Also when I attack with the gravity hammer my game crashe's.

2ND EDIT: The thrasher greatsword is definitely busted.
I tried viewing the mesh but it gives an error and crashe's FE.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2010 20:51]

Re: Fable: The New World [message #59431 is a reply to message #59399] Tue, 21 September 2010 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrdaniiel is currently offline  mrdaniiel
How did you get through the bandit gates?
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59433 is a reply to message #58868] Tue, 21 September 2010 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barina is currently offline  Barina
Thats AWESOME! i haven't checked it yet.. but it looks GREAT!!
say.. the game have to be original? i mean.. not cracked?
also.. i can install it on ongoing savegame? do we have to start a new game?

Thanks
Roy
Re: Fable: The New World [message #59434 is a reply to message #59433] Tue, 21 September 2010 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Read the 1st post for answers to most of your questions. As for the part about the game being cracked, if yours is then nothing on this site will work for you.

Previous Topic: 5 New Weapons
Next Topic: [Divine Wrath & Unholy Power] Balanced changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:24:33 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01728 seconds