Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Problems with augments slots
Problems with augments slots [message #59135] Wed, 25 August 2010 06:01 Go to next message
Duriel7 is currently offline  Duriel7
Hi,

I'm new, and I searched in tutorials on this forum, projectego, and many many other french and british forums.
But I couldn't find any answer. Confused

So :

My problem is, I increased the number of augments slots (tutorial found on the french website : fablemodfrance), and, the number of visible slots in the game is 4 ! But I can put 10 augments in my weapons...
This is very desappointing, cause I wanna see all of my augments without read the description of the weapon every time. Sad

A friend of the forum "jeuxvideo.com" told me that's a problem with graphics. But I can't find what I must modify to show all of the slots. Crying or Very Sad

I've other problems, but I'll tell about later.

Somebody to help me please ?
Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59136 is a reply to message #59135] Wed, 25 August 2010 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

There is no way to change that. There are only 4 slots that show up.
Also, if you set the weapon to have 10 slots, then apply 4 or 5 augs and close the weapon menu, you won't be able to go back and apply any more augs. You either need to apply 3, then come back, or apply all 10 at once. I don't think this is really a glitch or mistake, as the developers didn't plan on the modding that has been done.

Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59137 is a reply to message #59135] Wed, 25 August 2010 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, if you're sure of that.
What a disappointing... Crying or Very Sad
Thanks for your answer. Smile

Can I ask some other questions here, or I had to create a new topic for ?

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2010 07:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59138 is a reply to message #59137] Wed, 25 August 2010 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Ask here.

Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59143 is a reply to message #59135] Wed, 25 August 2010 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very well, ty.

First question :

I have read the tutorial about "how to create an ID" but, in the given link, I don't have understood, cause I don't find the explanation.
The link indicate the third page, but, I don't find in another page...
My question is why ? I don't have searched at the good place ?

Second question :

I'va a problem with your FreeRoam file, the file is a *.rar file, and when I extract it, is a broken file, without *.exe. I can't use it.
I don't have found a good file.
But I've found a way to extract the files tng and lev with FE.

Third question :

About the new weapons I want to create, the main is Excalibur, The sword of King Arthur, with some good skills.
I just want to take the mesh of some swords like undeads swords, bandits swords, Twinblades swords, modify the damages, put one-handed, and some other things.

For that, I had the idea to duplicate a weapon (for each weapon I want to create) and, create a ID for it, and then, take the ID of the mesh, put it on the good menu.
Then for the text, is necessary to create a text ID too ?
Briefly, how to create a weapon, without replace an existing weapon ?
Or, indicate me the good place to search please ?
Perhaps I missed the good indications.

Hope you can help me.
I've difficulties to locate me in this forum, it isn't like french forums.
Thank you very much.
Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59146 is a reply to message #59143] Wed, 25 August 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Duriel7 wrote on Wed, 25 August 2010 14:52

Very well, ty.

First question :

I have read the tutorial about "how to create an ID" but, in the given link, I don't have understood, cause I don't find the explanation.
The link indicate the third page, but, I don't find in another page...
My question is why ? I don't have searched at the good place ?

Get cbox, click Editors, then Object Builder,
Select a Definition Type, then a Template,
Check the Cdef Name Override,
UNCHECK the boxes of CDefs you want to be created for the new Object/Weapon,
Enter a Base Name,
Click Create, Save on closing.
After that I prefer using FE to continue editing the new Object, and you will need it to make a texture entry.
PIC

Second question :

I'va a problem with your FreeRoam file, the file is a *.rar file, and when I extract it, is a broken file, without *.exe. I can't use it.
I don't have found a good file.
But I've found a way to extract the files tng and lev with FE.

Try downloading the file with any browser other than IE, I prefer Firefox, but Chrome or Opera may work as well.
Also, try using 7-zip to extract the file.

Third question :

About the new weapons I want to create, the main is Excalibur, The sword of King Arthur, with some good skills.
I just want to take the mesh of some swords like undeads swords, bandits swords, Twinblades swords, modify the damages, put one-handed, and some other things.

For that, I had the idea to duplicate a weapon (for each weapon I want to create) and, create a ID for it, and then, take the ID of the mesh, put it on the good menu.
Then for the text, is necessary to create a text ID too ?
Briefly, how to create a weapon, without replace an existing weapon ?
Or, indicate me the good place to search please ?
Perhaps I missed the good indications.

Most of that is covered above and in the tutorial section:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=3 1&

Other staff members who can explain things better, like Morerunes(I learned from your guide) , feel free to add to this, or correct me if I am wrong. I do not have the link to the thread with that guide anymore, but I have the guide.

Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59151 is a reply to message #59135] Thu, 26 August 2010 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great, thank you ! Very Happy

I've the same problem with shadownet and shadownetsound... Confused
I'll download 7zip (I have winrar).
For shadownet, winrar tell me "unexpected end of archive"...
So, I'll try with 7zip, and post a reply to tell you if it works.
I've tried to download cbox too, but didn't work. Embarassed
At the moment, I can't have the internet on my own computer, but in two or three weeks, I'll have it, and download Mozilla, and cbox + shadownet.

For the moment, I won't touch the *.bin and *.big files without having the good tools.

Well, thank you again. Smile Smile Smile

EDIT : I'll test Blender3D to modify some graphics, I believe it can be great, to modify Twinblades weapons, to increase their size for example.
What do you think about it ?
Do you think it can be done easily ?

[Updated on: Thu, 26 August 2010 09:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59169 is a reply to message #59151] Fri, 27 August 2010 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

There is a tutorial that explains how to resize weapons in the Tutorial Section.
As for the cbox and FE problems, read carefully to be sure you have any/all of the prerequisites that the thread mentions. If you are using Vista/Win7 be sure you check the tutorial on Vista. If you still get the errors, take screen shots of any errors you get and post them in a new thread in the Tools Discussion Section. Give as much info as you can about what you did to get the errors.

Re: Problems with augments slots [message #59381 is a reply to message #59135] Sun, 12 September 2010 02:21 Go to previous message
Hi,

I've the internet.

I've read these tutos about VISTA.
I'll put my screen shots in this section.

Concerning Blender3D, I have found official web sites, but, I'll read the tutorial anyway.

Thank you.
Previous Topic: ENVIRONMENT_THEME and ground
Next Topic: Fun Ideas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:44:53 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01206 seconds