Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer Error
Fable Explorer Error [message #59231] Thu, 02 September 2010 18:04 Go to next message
Hypertry is currently offline  Hypertry
I have Windows 7 64 bit. Installed framework 2.0 just encase, even thou I do have newer versions.

The Program runs fine but I can only use Save Mods and Run Fable. Every other option does nothing all I want to do is import an FMP into fable never had this trouble before.

Anyone lend a hand can list pc specs if needed.

Thanks Josh
Re: Fable Explorer Error [message #59232 is a reply to message #59231] Thu, 02 September 2010 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You need to take ownership of the files you want to mod, just running as administrator isn't enough. Vista rules apply to Windows 7 also.
Read this:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4625& ;start=0&

If you read and do all that it says, you should be ok.

Re: Fable Explorer Error [message #59233 is a reply to message #59231] Thu, 02 September 2010 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
And for the love of all that is and is not, clear out the Fable directory in your virtual store, uninstall, reinstall, take ownership of everything, run everything as admin always, and please don't mention that this isn't an issue because you have Windows 7 as it's the same problem with the same solutions.
Re: Fable Explorer Error [message #59234 is a reply to message #59231] Fri, 03 September 2010 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hypertry is currently offline  Hypertry
I already had the take ownership option as I use custom system files for my theme. I will try everything that was said and go from there. Thanks for the help. Checked Virtual Store/taken ownership I don't think this is the issue, the problem being the option " Load Fable Mod Package" does nothing I don't even get a window to select the file. I have reinstalled and restarted my computer to see if that solves this issue.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2010 05:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Error [message #59235 is a reply to message #59234] Fri, 03 September 2010 08:23 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Then your computer's stupid.

Try downloading and installing MSVC++ 2005 SP1 (or MSVC++ 2008 SP1, if you're using Shadownet FE), as well as .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. I have a list of these things somewhere, a little bit of work with the search function will find you a whole bunch of stuff. Just get the things I listed.
Previous Topic: fable explorer trouble **closed**
Next Topic: nooby need help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:02:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01205 seconds