Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Fun Ideas
Fun Ideas [message #59252] Sat, 04 September 2010 10:14 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
These are just concepts that I'll probably never do. Feel free to take them on and/or post your own.

Arena Traps Extended
Take your everyday arena spears trap, strip down the mesh to just have a single spear, put this trap underground in various walls, trees, just underground all over throughout Albion (quest-specific perhaps) and you have yourself a real surprising threat.

Take your everyday arena rotating blades trap, strip down the mesh to just pop-out blades, perhaps swap out the blades for unfolding swords, do the same thing as above.

Combine these and have them placed throughout a large map, you have a minefield. And minefields are fun. Also, they trigger when enemies get close as well.

Traveling Enemy
Twinblade uses a different navigational system and sticks to the straight line between him and the Hero, what I call "seek'n'destroy". Take his definitions and throw them on a different creature, preferably something that has a lot of variety graphics-wise, like bandits, swap out the animations with just the essentials (running, striking), and you have a generic enemy that will follow the Hero through any series of regions regardless of whether or not the navdata would allow it. Fun fact: Twinblade also ignores CEnemyDefs and Factions, he wants to kill the player no matter what, and that's perfect.

Elevator
It's been years since I checked this, playing around with the CShipDef, and my memory isn't perfect. If I remember correctly, nothing moves the player around the ground, but does move the player up and down (or maybe it was just down...). If it allows the player to go up, a flat surface can be made with a CShipDef that moves up and down but doesn't tilt. Changing wave length and sighting frequency to high numbers, and changing everything else to 0 should do the trick.

Clock Tower Madness
The game battles suck because the environment sucks. The only interactive battlefield was the arena. The end-battle was in a volcano that didn't even throw any volcanic debris. The fresco dome battle was plain and simple, though it deserved an environment that gives off that "end of the world" feeling.

For my own one-on-one battle scene, I'd like to put together the inside of a clock tower. Dozens of spinning rusty gears of different sizes ticking along in unison, exploding barrels laced throughout the map, destructible debris falling here and there obstructing the map, traps popping out of anything, relentless Terminator-esque enemies, perhaps even a wave or two of allies, and of course a bitchin' pissed off boss. That would be an intense, elaborated battle with an engrossing environment, and that's the idea.

Again, I'll probably never do any of these. If anyone wants to try these out, go for it, I might even help you. If anyone wants to add their own ideas, please do. I do ask, though, that if you want to have a discussion about a specific idea (how-to and etc.), you do it in a different thread.
Re: Fun Ideas [message #59353 is a reply to message #59252] Thu, 09 September 2010 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
Is there any way to make the clock tower gears spin? If so that really sounds interesting.

Dammit
Re: Fun Ideas [message #59354 is a reply to message #59353] Thu, 09 September 2010 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
James Butts wrote on Thu, 09 September 2010 17:07

Is there any way to make the clock tower gears spin? If so that really sounds interesting.
Absolutely, the same way that clock hands spin. Wink
Re: Fun Ideas [message #59391 is a reply to message #59252] Sun, 12 September 2010 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny Mods is currently offline  Funny Mods
Stranger wrote on Sat, 04 September 2010 22:14

For my own one-on-one battle scene, I'd like to put together the inside of a clock tower. Dozens of spinning rusty gears of different sizes ticking along in unison, exploding barrels laced throughout the map, destructible debris falling here and there obstructing the map, traps popping out of anything, relentless Terminator-esque enemies, perhaps even a wave or two of allies, and of course a bitchin' pissed off boss. That would be an intense, elaborated battle with an engrossing environment, and that's the idea.

Sounds like a lagfest, although its still a good idea, and it made me think of a pretty cool request I'm about to make.
Re: Fun Ideas [message #59393 is a reply to message #59391] Sun, 12 September 2010 15:10 Go to previous message

Retired
Funny Mods wrote on Sun, 12 September 2010 15:47

Sounds like a lagfest
Nah. It might affect speed a little bit, but I wouldn't wager the difference would be noticeable.

By the way, pick an account and stick with it. Also, perhaps if you didn't make your signature and profile details as annoying as they were, I'd leave your accounts alone.
Previous Topic: Problems with augments slots
Next Topic: Maze mod
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:13:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01090 seconds