Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » chocolate box stopped working please please help!!
chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59267] Sun, 05 September 2010 23:18 Go to next message
patriclees is currently offline  patriclees
ok well one day after trying to mod fable and having a bit of a fail where my game crashed so i hit close saying do not save. i then closed chocolate box and re opened it, i then loaded it up and hit run fable played fable it crashed again but this time i couldnt hit the "click when fable is closed" button because it said fable is still running when it clearly wasnt.
so i crl,alt, deleted it, closed chocolate box, then went to re open it. it then loaded but would not load the actual program i get the "tip of the day" thing but thats it, all i get is that
if i hit close it is just my wallpaper please help. im running on windows 7

ive attached a photo of what happens when i open chocolate box
  • Attachment: Image1.png
    (Size: 852.29KB, Downloaded 921 times)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m6/patriclees/sig.png
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59273 is a reply to message #59267] Mon, 06 September 2010 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DanPrada is currently offline  DanPrada
same thing appened to me Sad

i only "play" with chocolatebox one day Sad
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59279 is a reply to message #59273] Mon, 06 September 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Well you're running on windows seven, so this could easily be a vista issue since windows seven is just a mask for vista. Try looking through the modding on vista tutorial and see if anything there helps. Link to tutorial : http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7239& ;start=0&

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59281 is a reply to message #59267] Mon, 06 September 2010 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i already did all this and nothing.. the chocolatebox didn't start... only appen what he say... (sorry for bad inglish)
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59282 is a reply to message #59281] Mon, 06 September 2010 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Well I dunno what to tell y'all then. I'm not really big on chocolate box because I can't even spawn a chest with it. I still suspect this has something to do with vista/7 but I have no clue what it could be.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59291 is a reply to message #59267] Tue, 07 September 2010 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i looked at the general vista stuff and it really didnt help at all. it has nothing on chocolate box =[

Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59292 is a reply to message #59267] Tue, 07 September 2010 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I hate you people.

This issue is inherited from AlbionExplorer. ChocolateBox starts up just fine, it's minimized. Click on it in the task bar and it will open. If it does not, right-click|Restore/Maximize.
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59300 is a reply to message #59267] Tue, 07 September 2010 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seriously, you legitimately think that we wouldn't have tried to maximize it, that does not work.

Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59302 is a reply to message #59300] Tue, 07 September 2010 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
patriclees wrote on Tue, 07 September 2010 17:15

seriously, you legitimately think that we wouldn't have tried to maximize it, that does not work.
Yea, I seriously do. People overthink things, sure there are a lot of factors such as lack of prerequisites, .NET Framework conflicts, bad registry data, stupid computer, countless and I mean countless user errors, just all kinds of crap to consider. But this one's easy.

Of all the kinds of problems that can be experienced with CBox, nearly all of them can be attributed to user-error or user-stupid... or both. You, however, experience this issue between the points where errors are thrown. You get to the Tip of the Day prompt, that means CBox loaded okay. At this point, if the app is shown in the taskbar but the app does not appear on the screen, it's minimized. That's what it is. There is nothing else.

Again, this issue is inherited from AlbionExplorer so this issue has been around for several, several years. It's nothing new. It's very common.
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59304 is a reply to message #59267] Tue, 07 September 2010 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have all the prereqisites.. and my cbox work for one day.. after that it didn't show up and if i press maximize in the taskbar cbox start again and didn't maximize...fable regist is already fine.. on windows7 its a big ****** moding fable.. if i can´t put that to work i gona put windows xp in my computer...
just one thing more... i already ficks the problem.. it didn't maximize if i try it at the task bar but if i make it at the task maneger the cbox appear like magic XD,, patriclees try make that at your computer.. (sorry by the bad inglish, pic bad cuality and for windows7 portuguese version XD)

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2010 19:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59308 is a reply to message #59267] Tue, 07 September 2010 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright well turns out Stranger was correct, i apologize. open your task manager and hit maximise when using windows 7, as you cannot maximise it from the task bar.

Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59310 is a reply to message #59267] Tue, 07 September 2010 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it works to you now??
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59311 is a reply to message #59267] Wed, 08 September 2010 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes =] thank you stranger =]

Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59319 is a reply to message #59308] Wed, 08 September 2010 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
patriclees wrote on Wed, 08 September 2010 01:22

cannot maximise it from the task bar.
Must have something to do with Vista/Windows 7, as XP has never given me trouble with that. In the end, I'm glad you figured it out.
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59968 is a reply to message #59267] Mon, 01 November 2010 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
torlof1012 is currently offline  torlof1012
hey guys..i'm new to modding...how do i run ChocolateBox?
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #59971 is a reply to message #59968] Mon, 01 November 2010 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
torlof1012 should of wrote a few weeks ago

hey guys..i'm new to modding...how do i run ChocolateBox?

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5795& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;start=0&

BayStone

Requirements
* Knowledge of FE and 3D modelling packages, such as Blender
* .NET 2.0
* DirectX 9.0c; for those of you who still get 0x8007007E errors, get the latest DirectX Runtimes (Web Installer)
* Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Update

* A machine that wasn't built last decade

BayStone

Disclaimer

Use it at your own risk. There are no warranties.

There are bugs in the application. I'm not going to pretend they aren't there, 'cause they are. If the application crashes while you are using it do not come here shouting "It cr4shes!1!". That's completely pointless. I have no time for that crap.

If you want me to deal with these bugs, you need to find out what causes the crash or bug. You can do this by trying to replicate what happened before the error. Post on the forums about your problem only after you have found out what is the sequence of events that cause the problem.

Me

Make sure you download them using Anything Other Than Internet Explorer.

If ChocolateBox doesn't run when you Try to, See if you have ALL the requirements.

If it still doesn't work try it in Compatibility mode.

If it still doesn't work try downloading the ChocolateBox-x64.exe
[Available in the same thread [first post] ]

If it still doesn't work try it in Compatibility mode

If it still doesn't work, Don't ask me.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 November 2010 17:54]

Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #60494 is a reply to message #59267] Sun, 28 November 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arenar is currently offline  Arenar
Umm, I have the same problem, except when the solution above didn't work. I can open fable explorer (Shadownet) But not chocolate box, all that comes up is the tip thing.
Yes I am using windows 7.

That's ...... AWESOME!
Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #60496 is a reply to message #60494] Sun, 28 November 2010 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Its actually working, Just that the Actual window won't open

Open up Task manager and then right click on chocolate box (in task manager) and click maximize.

If that doesn't work, the only other fix I found on my own is redownloading it.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2010 17:24]

Re: chocolate box stopped working please please help!! [message #60503 is a reply to message #60496] Sun, 28 November 2010 21:21 Go to previous message
Arenar is currently offline  Arenar
Nvm. Fixed

That's ...... AWESOME!

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2010 00:13]

Previous Topic: Albian explorer problem
Next Topic: FreeRoam.exe ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:06:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01362 seconds