Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » My own cbox problems. =/
icon5.gif  My own cbox problems. =/ [message #59284] Mon, 06 September 2010 16:49 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay I decided to give cbox another shot today(I had tried it before and when i got the program running despite my most hopeful attempts I couldn't edit or spawn a single chest even with new UIDS.), and the x64 compatible EXE file and the many various zip files, all get corrupted somehow. Oddly enough I had the same problem with the FE zip file but I just used the install file that was posted instead. But anyway, when I try to extract one of the zip files it says "No files to extract", after I confirm the location to extract and start the actual extracting process. So I right click the file and click "Explore". This time it tells me the file's corrupted. So I tried the x64 exe and this one when I run it just comes up with that "Chocolatebox has encountered an error and needs to close."crap. So I'm honestly stumped because I've tried with both IE and Firefox so I know it's not a broswer issue. I just don't know. So anyway I would appreciate any help y'all could give me.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: My own cbox problems. =/ [message #59285 is a reply to message #59284] Mon, 06 September 2010 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
Did you use Internet Explorer to download the file(s) You mentioned above?
Well you can use anything but Internet Explorer. Please try to download
the files you mentioned above with a different browser.
Re: My own cbox problems. =/ [message #59286 is a reply to message #59284] Mon, 06 September 2010 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

asmcint wrote on Mon, 06 September 2010 19:49

I've tried with both IE and Firefox

I seriously wish it was as simple as a browser issue.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: My own cbox problems. =/ [message #59287 is a reply to message #59284] Mon, 06 September 2010 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should assure that you have all the requirements for
Chocolate Box, also that you are running in compatibility
mode and as Administrator.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2010 17:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My own cbox problems. =/ [message #59288 is a reply to message #59287] Mon, 06 September 2010 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well I've already checked on the requirements and I'm running on the only account on the computer... Also if it helps any I'm running on XP. Not vista or that mask for it windows 7.
and compatibility modes aren't the issue when it comes to the zip files because they're just flat out corrupted when i download them.
EDIT: okay turns out I accidentally mixed memories from my FE download problems with this problem in the way of browser usages. It turns out I HADN'T used Firefox, and I just tried it and whammo! Works fine. Yeah.... sorry for the trouble.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2010 17:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My own cbox problems. =/ [message #59289 is a reply to message #59284] Mon, 06 September 2010 17:30 Go to previous message
Then the only thing that could be on my mind is that you haven't got
the permissions to write into the Fable - The Lost Chapters installation
directory. Try to make the Fable - The Lost Chpaters files and folders or
the whole directory writ-eable.
Previous Topic: nooby need help
Next Topic: Albion Explorer help needed ( windows 7 )
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:50:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01290 seconds